“Greninja ex Ultra-Premium Collection” Releasing in November, Includes Metal Greninja ex Promo!

If they commissioned new art, they would sell out and make back their money in the first, what, 10 minutes?

Now it's just junk that will lose money for LGS, distributors...it'll be sitting on shelves and in warehouses for years.

Stupid product development team is even more stupid than previously thought.

I hope those cards are placeholders. Placeholders for promo cards seem to be a trend with the ex Battle Decks recently, so that might be the case here? Though, if that were the case, you would expect the Terapagos ex UPC to follow suit, and it doesn’t. It just isn’t showing the promo cards. Needless to say, my hopes are not high, and it actually just makes me worried that the promos in the other UPC releasing in the same month won’t actually be unique promo cards. Weird product launches all around. The sets themselves are fine though, so I can forgive a bit of mishandling of the products if it means we stay on the current trajectory of exciting set releases

It's odd that they're releasing 2 different ones at the same time, but when I compare the specs on them, this one has slightly but significantly fewer items in it. The Terapagos one comes with 2 extra packs, some shiny Energy cards, a plastic holder and presumably full art Promos. This one only seems to get the metal card. But then I think this one might get a slightly lower price tag?
Maybe it's their way of testing which one would sell more, or it's something specifically targeted for people with a $100 gift budget during the holidays

The description on the back mentions "a full-art promo card featuring Greninja ex," so maybe the ones on the image are just placeholders?
1724232375435.png

If they were only going to make a metal card for one of the two UPCs, it seems like it'd make more sense for it to be in the Terapagos box since it's already a more "premium" selection. I do really hope that Greninja is just a placeholder and we're going to get a much cleaner card as a metal print, otherwise I'm just... confused.

It's odd that they're releasing 2 different ones at the same time, but when I compare the specs on them, this one has slightly but significantly fewer items in it. The Terapagos one comes with 2 extra packs, some shiny Energy cards, a plastic holder and presumably full art Promos. This one only seems to get the metal card. But then I think this one might get a slightly lower price tag?
Maybe it's their way of testing which one would sell more, or it's something specifically targeted for people with a $100 gift budget during the holidays
This would be the smart play. Release a premium product for collectors and a cheaper “premium” product for under the Christmas’s tree.

November is super late for that though. Costco is already putting out christmas stuff. Usually all the stores rotate to Christmas starting in October. This upc smells like it was supposed to come out with twilight. My theory that the supply line finally fixed itself is still holding.

Basically everything above, plus: 4 Paradox Rift, 4 Paldea Evolved, and only 2 Stellar Crown... ??

Why would anyone get this over the terapagos one? Metal cards aren't even valuable, no one wants my zard and mew one.

Also, these products keep getting worse. Mew lost the metal dice & sleeves, terapagos lost the metal card and this one lost packs and good promos. Also, cost per pack is kinda high, as playmats and goodies involved almost always hold little to no resell value.

They should tone down the c*rap and just put more promos and boosters. Dice, mats, etc. Is super disappointing, they should stop with those

Last edited:
Back