“Jirachi V Box” Product Release Confirmed!

In terms of number of sets the WOTC days weren't that different than we have now, although the actual size of the sets then was much, much smaller. 1999 had 3 sets, 2000 had 5, 2001 had 2 but that's because they rushed Neo Genesis out for Christmas 2000 and ignored an entire Japanese expansion (VS), 2002 had 3, and 2003 had 2 because they lost the license but they also rolled 4 Japanese sets into Skyridge and Aquapolis.

It definitely isn't that low, that would mean 200 SWSH promos came out of Japanese expansions and that isn't the case (a lot of blister promos lately are sourced from Japanese Gym promos). The TCG has a lot more reprints with different artwork now than back then though.
Plenty of people, actually.
like who

Maybe its just the fossil in me talking and getting lightheaded. (If so, feel free to ignore me!) But... does that mean there where 255 sword and shield promo cards total? If so I am a bit baffled, considering during all the years of wizards of the coast there had been 54 promos combined over three gens (including ancient mew).

With sword and shield running for three years 01/2020-01/2023, that means 85 Promos a year!

Maybe its just me, but that feels excessive.
There are 307 promo cards from the Sword & Shield era.
There are too many cards in general. Too many promos, too many cards in sets.
It's nice that we get like 99% of the cards Japan gets, but they need to cut the filler out there too.

Apparently, the Jirachi V box is already available in France, and it comes with 2 Obsidian Flames, 1 Fusion Strike and 1 Brilliant Stars

Attachments

• 1693322948230.png
    1693322948230.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Apparently, the Jirachi V box is already available in France, and it comes with 2 Obsidian Flames, 1 Fusion Strike and 1 Brilliant Stars
Dang Pokemon really said F*** The announcements.We'll let them figure it out

In terms of number of sets the WOTC days weren't that different than we have now, although the actual size of the sets then was much, much smaller. 1999 had 3 sets, 2000 had 5, 2001 had 2 but that's because they rushed Neo Genesis out for Christmas 2000 and ignored an entire Japanese expansion (VS), 2002 had 3, and 2003 had 2 because they lost the license but they also rolled 4 Japanese sets into Skyridge and Aquapolis.

It definitely isn't that low, that would mean 200 SWSH promos came out of Japanese expansions and that isn't the case (a lot of blister promos lately are sourced from Japanese Gym promos). The TCG has a lot more reprints with different artwork now than back then though.
Ah, see, the gym expansions never came out in germany, so I didnt even count them.
Over here it was
1999 = 1
2000 = 3
2001 = 2
2002 = 2
WotC era ends here
2003 = 3
2004 = 5
Nowadays we have 6 sets a year, usually with over 150 cards whilst the WotC sets usually where between 60 and 90!

You can not tell me that those days "wherent that different", when we are bombarded with more than twice the amount of cards today, than we where back then.

Ah, see, the gym expansions never came out in germany, so I didnt even count them.
Over here it was
1999 = 1
2000 = 3
2001 = 2
2002 = 2
WotC era ends here
2003 = 3
2004 = 5
Nowadays we have 6 sets a year, usually with over 150 cards whilst the WotC sets usually where between 60 and 90!

You can not tell me that those days "wherent that different", when we are bombarded with more than twice the amount of cards today, than we where back then.
Lol I like ur pfp. I dont understand a thing ur saying but the pfp is funny

Back