“My First Battle” Mini Decks Releasing in September!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new Pokemon TCG product called “My First Battle” will release on September 29th!
There will be two variations. Each package will include two 17-card decks for beginners to learn how to play the TCG (for a total of 34 cards each). They’re a Level 1 product.
One package will feature Bulbasaur, Oddish, Pikachu, and Voltorb while the other will feature Charmander, Vulpix, Squirtle, and Poliwag.
The packaging shows the decks will include brand new cards of Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Pikachu.
This product may have been inspired by the half decks TPCi is using to teach new players at official events...

Continue reading...

I like this a lot. We've been getting new kids at my local league, so having something cheaper to grab for them and teach with is nice.

I like this a lot. We've been getting new kids at my local league, so having something cheaper to grab for them and teach with is nice.
I'm a teacher and I see mi kids buying cards at random, not reading them, just looking at the names+artworks and trading... this could be a nice bridge between that and a new tcg player!

These look cool, but I do think that 20-30 card decks might've been a bit of a better choice. I just think that 17 card decks are way too small for being able to teach players how to play the game, and that the current ex Starter Decks, despite being made up of 60 cards, are a way better way of teaching people how to play. (There's also the Battle Academy boxes)

I'm a teacher and I see mi kids buying cards at random, not reading them, just looking at the names+artworks and trading... this could be a nice bridge between that and a new tcg player!
I still have vivid memories of people playing with the cards at my school, they just used attack damage and HP and some text and it would have been cool if we knew how to play. Love this product

Kids in this age group want the biggest pokemon with the most HP and shiniest art and biggest attack cost and super high damage.

You gave them a poliwag.
True.I've been working at an oratory for the past two weeks and a kid brought Pokémon cards there and the other kids were like "Can you show us the rare ones?"
They don't care about the simple ones.

Back