“Paradox Rift” Officially Previewed!

Didn’t the first set already have two Paradoxes and they were just regular ex cards. Don’t think they will change that.

With paradox pokémon being the faces of sets, I worry about how pushed they will be, given that they're big basics and could push stage 2s out of the format if they're too good.
Paradox mons are the UBs of SV era. When UBs enters SM era, it dominated. It might do the same to Paradox mons. I'm a big fan of basics doing boom boom damage.

Haven't we already had two Paradox Pokemon has just normal ex cards in the base SV set? Iron Treads and Great Tusk weren't treated differently, I don't see why they would start now.

Haven't we already had two Paradox Pokemon has just normal ex cards in the base SV set? Iron Treads and Great Tusk weren't treated differently, I don't see why they would start now.
said that above. they will probably just stay regular ex.

Freaking spoilers, now I want to know what Iron Valiant does and we aren't going to know for another month I bet

Hopefully iron valiant will keep Gardy decks alive post rotation, it loses so much from E block

Stage 2s will never be good
Stage 2 can absolutely be good, when they have a useful stage 1. I stand by that being the actual reason it's the main stage 2 seeing play. It isn't bad to be stuck evolving normally. That's what I want to start seeing at least.

This probably means that Ancient Roar / Future Flash will feature Roaring Moon / Iron Valiant, and Wild Force / Cyber Judge will feature the new paradox legendaries.
I always thought this because the violet paradox legendaries are of the swords of JUSTICE, and cyber JUDGE fits that description a lot better than future flash

With Iron Valiant in this set, it probably means Roaring Moon will be there too. And since this is around the time when SM started printing Ultra Beasts, more paradox mons are probably going to show up as well. Sadly, they've already wasted their chance to do anything mechanically interesting with these when they printed Roaring Tusk and Iron Treads in the SV base set.

Definitely interesting, I also have a feeling that any TCG-related announcements that may happen at Worlds’ closing ceremony will involve Paradox Pokémon like Iron Valiant since we usually tend to get game-changing announcements around that time.
With Iron Valiant in this set, it probably means Roaring Moon will be there too. And since this is around the time when SM started printing Ultra Beasts, more paradox mons are probably going to show up as well. Sadly, they've already wasted their chance to do anything mechanically interesting with these when they printed Roaring Tusk and Iron Treads in the SV base set.
To be fair to Great Tusk/Iron Treads that’s in part due to them being Titan Pokémon, you could easily an Ultra Beast-like mechanic for Paradox Pokémon since they’re not officially seen in larger numbers until you reach Area Zero in the final story.

Back