ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
d91.gif

Return Of The King

BewitchedOnlyCaracal-size_restricted.gif

The only reasonable substitute if Kadabra's omitted this time, would be Missingno.

antonio-banderas-antonio.gif

Any other outburst ever made about another pokémon constantly being omitted will forever remain invalid.​
To be fair, Pokemon seems to be scared to represent baby pokemon outside the mainline games, and quite frankly I would rather have a few Magbys or
As a collector, I like to get a copy of any card that catches my eye. But on a personal note, I love whenever they revisit older stuff. If anything, you get either a nostalgic hit or a re-imagining of an old classic by a more experienced version of an artist.
Look, I get it.
But it's one thing to occasionally feed nostalgia, and another to entirely bank multiple sets on nostalgia alone. I thought they made this pretty apprent when they, despite him not being present in anything other than BDSP's postgame, shoved Zard into Brilliant Stars. Like, I don't know what will tell this community that they don't care to make a good game.
Typical TCG person, always something to complain about.
Maybe if they'd stop feeding us stuff to criticize, we'd stop 'complaining'. Just a thought. Not like you'd know what that is, right? 😏

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
Charizard flying in again to perform that same seismic toss to peoples bank accounts that it performed on Magmar back in the OG series i see 👀 some things never change 😂

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe if they'd stop feeding us stuff to criticize, we'd stop 'complaining'. Just a thought. Not like you'd know what that is, right? 😏
Here's a thought for you: you're making a complete moron out of yourself in the comments section for a news announcement about an announcement for new cards.

The reality is, if these products didn't sell, they wouldn't keep making them. As much as you want to deny it, there have been fanservice sets based around other Generations/eras/regions of the game, and they don't do them as often. Why not? Perhaps because they don't sell as well.

If you're not happy, vote with your wallet and skip the set.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Here's a thought for you: you're making a complete moron out of yourself in the comments section for a news announcement about an announcement for new cards.

The reality is, if these products didn't sell, they wouldn't keep making them. As much as you want to deny it, there have been fanservice sets based around other Generations/eras/regions of the game, and they don't do them as often. Why not? Perhaps because they don't sell as well.

Like + A million

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer

He always does that though. Overreacts, rants, insults people. Enough dude. No one cares that you hate Gen 1.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon 151 subset is definitely going international. I would love if they designed an ex-starter deck with the three starter Pokémon [fingers crossed]. And plenty of illustration arts too!!!!

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I get the gen 1 nostalgia bait for anniversaries and back when gen 1 was really the only retro gen, but at this point gens 2/3 are ~20 years old and deserve some love too.

Why can't we get some flashbacks to crystal pokemon? Dark/light pokemon? I love all gens, but it's tiring seeing gen 1 constantly being printed
At this point I'm pretty sure they'd get more support if they moved onto baiting Gen 2 and 3. Like, imagine a set in the second half of this generation with Swampert ex, Smeargle ex, Breloom ex and Meganium ex as the mascots. I'm 99% confident that we'd gladly eat that up, as opposed to charizard for the 79th time this decade. Well, unless you're in your 40s and you run a youtube channel...

roboshocker

Aspiring Trainer
To be fair, Pokemon seems to be scared to represent baby pokemon outside the mainline games, and quite frankly I would rather have a few Magbys or
Look, I get it.
But it's one thing to occasionally feed nostalgia, and another to entirely bank multiple sets on nostalgia alone. I thought they made this pretty apprent when they, despite him not being present in anything other than BDSP's postgame, shoved Zard into Brilliant Stars. Like, I don't know what will tell this community that they don't care to make a good game.
I'm so glad you decided the smug route in replying to me, it showed everyone else what an unlikable a-hole you are and people are calling you out accordingly. You have a serious entitlement issue (like many TCG people) and your smug attitude isn't helping your cause.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not the one printing a Charizard every other set
The people in pokebeach, at least those that has been here for ample time accepts that Charizard in the TCG is so popular that it doesn't surprise us that it is printed in almost every set. The Charizard popularity in the TCG is already a norm, therefore it is a bit surprising to see someone stunned about it. Not trying to insult you or taking sides.

ShigeruMiyamoto

Aspiring Trainer
The people in pokebeach, at least those that has been here for ample time accepts that Charizard in the TCG is so popular that it doesn't surprise us that it is printed in almost every set. The Charizard popularity in the TCG is already a norm, therefore it is a bit surprising to see someone stunned about it. Not trying to insult you or taking sides.
Around 3 years is ample time? Ever since a certain toxic youtuber made a video about 'cracking a zard', it's been printed in just about every other set. Before then Charizard was maybe printed like once or twice a year. We've gotten what, around 40 Charizards printed within the last 3 years? I respect you for not insulting or taking sides. Just check how many 'zards' were printed since 2019 and compare it to the number printed between 2016 - 2019. The numbers don't lie.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Around 3 years is ample time? Ever since a certain toxic youtuber made a video about 'cracking a zard', it's been printed in just about every other set. Before then Charizard was maybe printed like once or twice a year. We've gotten what, around 40 Charizards printed within the last 3 years? I respect you for not insulting or taking sides. Just check how many 'zards' were printed since 2019 and compare it to the number printed between 2016 - 2019. The numbers don't lie.
Tbh the 'trend' was kickstarted by Evolutions. People (seemingly) ate up the base set """""reprint""""" and TPC/TPCi probably thought what if they just print more Charizards in future sets?
Their experiment paid off and here we are now.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
I see your point, I didn't know that youtuber made Charizard famous I though his influence was spiking pokemon cards prices which lead to a bunch of scalpers buying out tcg in retail and sell it for much more. I thought the Charizard popularity revolves around the animation series.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Charizard was popular long before L*gan P*ul and will be popular long after him. Charizard was always the most expensive Pokemon and nearly always got the gimmick cards of a particular generation (holo, Crystal, ex, Gold Star, LV. X, Megas, etc) but after the mixed reaction to Gen 5, Gen 6 with Charizard getting two Megas was when they really started to push it on us.

We had Pokemon Go bringing even more gen 1/Charizard hype to the TCG in 2016 and then since gen 7 they've doubled down on sets being overstuffed, chase cards getting multiple tiers of artwork reprints, annual 'special sets', 300 promo cards per generation etc, and because of all that they've really honed in on Charizard selling.

Flashfire, Evolutions, Burning Shadows, Unbroken Bonds, Cosmic Eclipse, Hidden Fates and (the planning for) Champion's Path all happened before trash Youtuber hype. It really is transparent how little confidence they have in a set selling if it doesn't have Charizard (even though Evolving Skies being stuffed with 3-4 ultra rares each of Rayquaza, Dragonite and every Eeveelution has made it much more of a nightmare to complete than any Gen 8 set that has a Charizard) but that's where we're at.

Last edited: