“Pokemon Trading Card Game Classic” To Be Most Expensive Pokemon TCG Product Ever Sold in Stores

For that price, there better not be a single card that’s miscut and off center like many SV era cards seem to be.

I was interested but it was sold out long before it was reported to be on sale via Pokémon Center.

If they want to make a self contained experience, these decks should be 40 dollars max for the three of them. This price gouging is bullshit, but at least I can get that Mr. Mime with little trouble next year.

This makes me glad I switched to lorcana.
Yeah call me in 4 years when Lorcana doesn't exist anymore. Making a TCG from one of the most fickle flighty companies on the planet is a bad idea.

price is insulting, and what's even worse is that people will still eat this slop up so we'll never be treated with any respect as consumers

I cannot believe how much more expensive it is than we originally thought. Gonna have to take a rain check on it I guess.

Absolutely not. I was interested in actually playing it but that price is insulting. Not to mention PC's non-existent ability to keep anything in stock for more that 30 seconds. Maybe I'll be able to pick up the damage markers for cheap on eBay.

Is it odd I’m more interested in the accessories more than any of the cards (that aren’t legal anyways)?
Not odd at all.

The cards are neat and all, but for me it's a combo of both. Mind you, I wasn't expecting an $800 nzd price tag, but none the less, this was something I decided early on that I really wanted to get. I will open it up and play with it with my family and mates.

That being said, if those provided deck boxes don't fit the sleeved decks, then I will be pissed :) It's my only gripe with traditional battle academy products to be honest.

Was thinking on this tread. Maybe they first released the scalpers edition for 400 and then in february litteraly everyone can get the cards for a 100.

TPC: please stop counterfeiting
TPC: also, buy our overpriced shit

Someone wrote this is a very MTG style product, and that's absolutely correct. And despite wotc cracking down on counterfeiting, there's a massive, prosperous ""proxy"" scene and more and more people are open to playing with unofficial cards (which in mtg's case, is a good thing).

such an "in order to serve you better" product

Huh...

You smell that, boys?

I do believe that's the smell of axe body spray being used to cover up the fact that the people buying this haven't showered in weeks.

Back