“Prismatic Evolution” Special Set Releasing in January Featuring the Eeveelutions!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We can exclusively reveal January’s special English set will be named Prismatic Evolution!
As posted last week, the set will release on Friday, January 17th.
Prismatic Evolution will feature cards from Japan’s Terastal Festival, which will release on December 6th. The set will be headlined by Eevee and its Terastallized Evolutions. The English set name implies this as well.

Terastal-Festival-2-300x169.jpg

We also expect Prismatic Evolution to be comprised of cards from Japan’s upcoming ex Starter Deck Generations decks, which...

Continue reading...

Im still wondering how theyre gonna shove 7 new exs in a reprint set. Or we're thinking some of the eeveelutions will be promos?
I doubt it. I betcha Eevee and all it's evolutions will have chase cards in the set and none will be promos, unless some will also have normal print cards as promos. I can see that. The chase cards will likely be IRs or EX cards is my guess

Maybe a weird ask/demand but I would reallllllly like them to maybe give us the Tera Typings we have not even have had yet as cards - no poison or flying Tera AT ALL yet and no rock type other than ogerpon who doesn’t wear the rock hat - you would think they would showcase each of these “hat designs” in card format but additionally we also haven’t got a Full Art of a Normal or Metal type - and eevee seems to be the only one that may cover just that one (a normal type full art Tera) from this set that is IF eevee is getting his own ex and not just all the eeveelutions - so it’s kinda weird to me that this is likely the “Tera roundup set” and we still don’t have everything to round up! We’re clearly moving onto the stellar crowns and then likely megas so what gives tpc?!

Low print run like 151 and probably scalped to death I'm sure.
And that's why you go to Gamestop, Best Buy, etc, to PREORDER the damn stuff. If you lose out on pre-ordering because you think the set is going to be trash, only for the set to be fire, which makes you want to pre-order it AFTER the preorders are sold out, that's on you.

Even though its a special set, the fact that there's hype for the Eevee evolutions to be in it (Umbreon ex), makes me want to take a chance and pre-order at multiple Gamestop locations with my multiple pro membership accounts. Have several to get many free packs a month.

Maybe a weird ask/demand but I would reallllllly like them to maybe give us the Tera Typings we have not even have had yet as cards - no poison or flying Tera AT ALL yet and no rock type other than ogerpon who doesn’t wear the rock hat - you would think they would showcase each of these “hat designs” in card format but additionally we also haven’t got a Full Art of a Normal or Metal type - and eevee seems to be the only one that may cover just that one (a normal type full art Tera) from this set that is IF eevee is getting his own ex and not just all the eeveelutions - so it’s kinda weird to me that this is likely the “Tera roundup set” and we still don’t have everything to round up! We’re clearly moving onto the stellar crowns and then likely megas so what gives tpc?!
There is no indication that this is a "tera roundup set" and we won't be getting new tera pokémon after this. We continued to get VMAX pokémon after VMAX Climax was released and VSTARs were introduced, just in smaller numbers than before.

Worst change we've ever seen is gen 6 and onward making special sets only in these special items. It's such a huge waste of plastic and there's no reason they couldn't keep making them available in booster boxes like legendary treasures, call of legends, etc.

All those ex Pokémon listed for the starter decks will be new or some will be reprints of existing ones?
We don't know yet.

If I had to guess, I would say they will probably all be new. It would be a bit odd to give some decks 2 brand new H Block exs, and other decks 2 reprinted G Block exs.

I'm really hoping each of the Eeveelutions will feature an alternate type (maybe other than Eevee since we still don't have a Colorless Tera Full Art), it will be pretty boring if they're just their regular types lol

Not a fan of the set name. I was hoping we would get Terastal Festival and Japan would switch to Tera Festival ex or something.

Back