“Prismatic Evolution” Special Set Releasing in January Featuring the Eeveelutions!

Not a fan of the set name. I was hoping we would get Terastal Festival and Japan would switch to Tera Festival ex or something.
Terastal Festival IS the name of the japanese set, why would they trademark it if they weren't going to use it as it is?

Terastal Festival IS the name of the japanese set, why would they trademark it if they weren't going to use it as it is?
Yeah I know. It's just wishful thinking on my part. Besides some trademarks can still end up differently when translated or straight up changed like when one of the upcoming sets was initially translated here as "Hot Air Arena" when it's actually "Heat Wave Arena". Supercharged Breaker is also being referred to as Super Electric Breaker by others, but I digress.

There is no indication that this is a "tera roundup set" and we won't be getting new tera pokémon after this. We continued to get VMAX pokémon after VMAX Climax was released and VSTARs were introduced, just in smaller numbers than before.
But we are done with scarlet violet. Everything after is bonus and no longer related to the games. Could be that they still use Tera, but I doubt we get trainer owned Tera Pokémon tbqh.

Yeah I know. It's just wishful thinking on my part. Besides some trademarks can still end up differently when translated or straight up changed like when one of the upcoming sets was initially translated here as "Hot Air Arena" when it's actually "Heat Wave Arena". Supercharged Breaker is also being referred to as Super Electric Breaker by others, but I digress.
Those mistranslations still don’t change the name of the Japanese set lol terastal festival is the actual name. There is no mistranslation possible as there is nothing to translate.

Those mistranslations still don’t change the name of the Japanese set lol terastal festival is the actual name. There is no mistranslation possible as there is nothing to translate.
Yes yes I know haha. That's why I said it's wishful thinking on my part. Guess I just don't like the Prismatic Evolution name. If anything it actually sounds more like a Japanese set name since they tend to be a bit more out of the box sounding. That's why I hoped English somehow gets the Terastal Festival name too or at least something close to it, since it's a pretty good set name for a year end/celebratory type set for the tera mechanic before we start moving on to Owner's Pokemon & Megas for the most part in the future.

Is Crown Zenith not popular?
The set's Galarian Gallery cards are popular but it's been heavily printed, you can still find stock in stores, and a fair amount of the reprinted cards present in the set have been rotated out of the Standard format (and the set in its entirety, along with anything from the F regulation block, will be Expanded-only come early 2025).
And that's why you go to Gamestop, Best Buy, etc, to PREORDER the damn stuff. If you lose out on pre-ordering because you think the set is going to be trash, only for the set to be fire, which makes you want to pre-order it AFTER the preorders are sold out, that's on you.

Even though its a special set, the fact that there's hype for the Eevee evolutions to be in it (Umbreon ex), makes me want to take a chance and pre-order at multiple Gamestop locations with my multiple pro membership accounts. Have several to get many free packs a month.
Aren't you the same Farquaad from the last special set news article that tried to justify cleaning out your local GameStops of Shrouded Fable products during a B2G1 sale and claimed that investing isn't on the same level as scalping (even though they've been a cancer on the TCG scene since the early SWSH days and are now essentially cut from the same cloth in terms of unscrupulous behavior)?

It's honestly surprising to see that the mods haven't banned you yet.

Last edited:
Yecch, I have a feeling this’ll be somewhere between Crown Zenith and Shrouded Fable in terms of popularity even if it has a gimmick factor like Paldean Fates and 151 do.

TPCi really needs to adapt to Japan’s release structure, the current one sucks noodles.
So it’s will fall between one of the worst and one of the best specialty sets?

I t
Yes yes I know haha. That's why I said it's wishful thinking on my part. Guess I just don't like the Prismatic Evolution name. If anything it actually sounds more like a Japanese set name since they tend to be a bit more out of the box sounding. That's why I hoped English somehow gets the Terastal Festival name too or at least something close to it, since it's a pretty good set name for a year end/celebratory type set for the tera mechanic before we start moving on to Owner's Pokemon & Megas for the most part in the future.

I think „Festival“ is the word they avoided, since we don’t celebrate a „year of Pokémon“ like they tend to do in Japanese franchises. Terestal Evolution is what they should have settled for, but since the Tera types aren’t that beloved either outside of Japan they probably went for the rainbow card route.

So it’s will fall between one of the worst and one of the best specialty sets?
It’ll depend on if it has a draw to it like the Fates sets’ Shiny Pokémon, Crown Zenith’s Galarian Gallery, and similar gimmicks. If it has one it’ll be popular but hampered by the post-Temporal Forces pull rates TPCi seems to favor now. If doesn’t have one or it’s only draw is Legendary Pokémon then it’ll end up like slightly better than Shrouded Fable.

Back