“Raging Surf” Booster Pack Artwork Revealed!

gholdengo making its tcg debut, i can now yell "I BALL LIKE A LAKER, BALL LIKE A LAKER, I BALL- I GET MY GOLD AND GO, I GET MY GOLD AND GO, I BALL LIKE A LAKER" when i win a match

set will probably have another mewtwo, lucario, zoroark and that electric type cat mythical from gen 7

I cannot wait till these Pokemon from this set start getting revealed. Guessing from the pack art, we can expect not only Gholdengo and Garchomp, but Jirachi, Tapu Koko and even Groudon. Really hoping a lot of these are good and Viable especially Garchomp, which pretty much has to be good as it's water tera type and water has been pretty good recently with the new support, which means they have to at least have some water energy in it's attack costs, which past Garchomps have had.

I cannot wait till these Pokemon from this set start getting revealed. Guessing from the pack art, we can expect not only Gholdengo and Garchomp, but Jirachi, Tapu Koko and even Groudon. Really hoping a lot of these are good and Viable especially Garchomp, which pretty much has to be good as it's water tera type and water has been pretty good recently with the new support, which means they have to at least have some water energy in it's attack costs, which past Garchomps have had.
Unfortunately they could decide to make the energy cost of Garchomp reflect its Ground type, which would mean it would only take Fighting energy. That would suck considering Fighting type's lack of support, but they might very well do that.

Unfortunately they could decide to make the energy cost of Garchomp reflect its Ground type, which would mean it would only take Fighting energy. That would suck considering Fighting type's lack of support, but they might very well do that.
Yeah, that would be awful giving that Fighting has like hardly any support, let's hope they take more on the water energy route over the fighting energy, since water has more support

Finally some news! Excited to see how good these cards are especially Groudon. I feel like Fighting gets very little support so would love for this card to be good. Can't wait see what these cards do and what else the set has in store.

also watch them make tapu koko lightning type and viable, jirachi and gholdengo psychic type and viable, and garchomp water type and viable. Those 3 types really need more support!
Somehow I feel a viable psychic koko would be worse. Free back up attacker for gardy too.

I mean Kyogre got a chase card recently and not Groudon so...
Yeah, Groudon is due for another multi-prizer, but Kyogre's last multi-prizer is just a lame, forgettable Gym Promo stuffed into Crown Zenith, so I think it'd be fair if he got a new multi-prizer too. The biggest way in which Kyogre has Groudon beat in the current TCG is having an actual viable single-prize card, though. It'd be great if Groudon got an actually playable card.

Yeah, Groudon is due for another multi-prizer, but Kyogre's last multi-prizer is just a lame, forgettable Gym Promo stuffed into Crown Zenith, so I think it'd be fair if he got a new multi-prizer too. The biggest way in which Kyogre has Groudon beat in the current TCG is having an actual viable single-prize card, though. It'd be great if Groudon got an actually playable card.
If we ever got a cheap one at best. Fighting still sucks at energy acceleration.

I REALLY hope Garchomp and/or Groudon have some competitive potential.
Knowing F have ZERO energy acceleration, this will be a real challenge? Also, expect a Fighting type Gible and Gabite because in the TCG, Dragon types are treated a higher tier types. Have you noticed that? This is why you'll never see Fighting-type Kommo-o in the TCG because Dragon is in the highest hierarchy of types.

Kyogre got a very playable meta card in Celebrations, a V, and an amazing rare in the last era. Some Groudon love is overdue as far as I'm concerned

Back