“Raging Surf” To Feature Gholdengo ex!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We’ve now learned Raging Surf will indeed feature Gholdenego ex! The set will release in Japan on May 19th.
Gholdenego rides a surfboard made of coins, so the set name is fitting. Its Japanese name is Surfugo. Considering it’s Pokemon #1000, it definitely deserves its own set.

Gholdengo-300x169.jpeg

Except for Paradox Pokemon, the only remaining Gen 9 Pokemon that haven’t received a card are Finizen, Palafin, Gimmighoul, and Gholdengo. This is just an educated guess, but Raging Surf should also feature Palafin ex since it’s a dolphin. Creatures probably reserved it for this set to tie into Gholdenego’s surfing theme.

Pokemon-Scarlet-and-Violet-palafin-hero_jpg-300x169.jpg

As we stated months ago, the first few sets of a generation always spend their time introducing new Pokemon before moving on to new mechanics. The appeal of new Pokemon will be...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I bet Illustration Rares/Special Illustration are the only way Zero Form Palafin ever gets a card. Can't even make a cameo in Supporter since no trainer even uses one!

I wonder if they'll make it absolutely cracked like in the video games. I swear if they give it an ability as obnoxious as its game counterpart...

I wonder if they'll make it absolutely cracked like in the video games. I swear if they give it an ability as obnoxious as its game counterpart...
Good As Gold: straight up just ignore all of your opponent's abilities. all of them.

That's the kinda stuff they'd pull rn ?

Before Tinkaton and Tinkaton-ex were announced, I was hoping Gholdengo would be literally what they were, with regular Gholdengo letting you either draw 1 card each turn or discard 1 to draw 2, and the ex doing damage equal to cards in your hand x30, to replicate the collecting coins/greed aspect.

I wonder what they'll do with it now that those have been done... possibly the effect of the attack revolves around prize cards?

Who am I kidding, it'll probably be boring.

Before Tinkaton and Tinkaton-ex were announced, I was hoping Gholdengo would be literally what they were, with regular Gholdengo letting you either draw 1 card each turn or discard 1 to draw 2, and the ex doing damage equal to cards in your hand x30, to replicate the collecting coins/greed aspect.

I wonder what they'll do with it now that those have been done... possibly the effect of the attack revolves around prize cards?

Who am I kidding, it'll probably be boring.
Set mascots can either be really lame and weak like Rillaboom Vmax, Zamazenta V, Copperajah Vmax or Primarina GX...or really fun and strong, like Zacian V or Lugia VSTAR. It's really just a coin toss on whether or not they feel like doing that Pokemon justice : (

Ability: Good as Gold
As long as this pokemon is in the active spot ignore all effects of attacks and abilities of your opponents pokemon done to your pokemon.(Damage is not an effect)

(MMC) MAKE IT RAIN 160
This attack also does 40 damage to 2 of your opponents benched pokemon.

Or just give it Espeon Vmax ability or something, maybe some metal energy acceleration.

I can definitely see the attack being some sort of spread attack though

Last edited:
Finizen capable to search Palafin from the deck and evolve if it switch from your bench during your turn, save my words
Palafin - Ability - Zero to Hero - When you move palafin [zero] from the active spot to the bench. You may search your deck for a Palafin [Hero] EX and put it in place of palafin [zero]. Palafin EX attacks now do 20 more damage.

Back