“Scarlet & Violet – 151” Special English Set Revealed for September!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Scarlet & Violet – 151 has been officially revealed! It will be our English version of Pokemon Card 151, which releases today in Japan.
As we posted before, the set’s products will begin to release on September 22nd.
Our 151 set will be almost identical to the original Japanese set. It’ll come with:

Over 160 cards
12 Pokémon ex
All 151 Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region—in Pokédex order
More than 10 Trainer cards
16 illustration rare and seven special illustration rare Pokémon and Supporter cards
16 ultra rare full-art etched Pokémon and Supporter cards
Three hyper rare gold etched cards

Two...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Even though its supposed to be a 1:1 of the japanese set its actually not. Seeing as how some of the best cards are promos in special boxes and items. Disappointed we cant just pull some of these in normal packs like the japanese set snd instead i will need to purchase expensive items.

Even though its supposed to be a 1:1 of the japanese set its actually not. Seeing as how some of the best cards are promos in special boxes and items. Disappointed we cant just pull some of these in normal packs like the japanese set snd instead i will need to purchase expensive items.
Or you could buy them as singles. This will likely make Mew ex much less expensive as a single.

I was fine with a lot of the product descriptions until I reached the one for the UPC
…one special illustration rare promo card featuring Mew ex, one illustration rare promo card featuring Mewtwo…
I really hope that these are actually new promos and NOT the ones from the JPN set, special set UPCs are always the hardest items to get and it makes me mad that only “collectors” would get their hands on the product.

If TPCi is smart they’ll overprint this product like the Charizard UPC, but TPCi’s recent handling of the game makes me question rethink that.

Or you could buy them as singles. This will likely make Mew ex much less expensive as a single.
"Since this is a special holiday set, individual booster packs won’t be sold. The packs can only be found within boxed products."
No single packs unfortunately, but honestly if you're going for packs, the booster bundle will be the best bang for your buck
Edit: I just realized you were probably referring to actual card singles

The box art is tacky, but I like it. Really leaning towards the "we can only use stock Pokemon art for some reason".

Most singles that i have tried buying have extremely bad qc making them ungradeable.
Can't say I've ever had that problem, but then, I've only bought singles of the lowest rarity of a specific card, for playing. That said, the cost of the UPC is still far less than it would be on average buying booster packs (or in this case, booster bundles) until you get a specific SIR.

Interesting that the Alakazam ex card is different than the one in the Japanese 151. I guess the original will be in the set while this promo will be a bonus.. but it makes me wonder when this Alakazam ex will be released in Japan.

UPC singles tend to go for a pretty penny and since this one’s for a special set I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes for more than the Charizard UPC promos do.
Most singles that i have tried buying have extremely bad qc making them ungradeable.
I’d make a joke about grading modern cards but that’d derail the comment section.
Interesting that the Alakazam ex card is different than the one in the Japanese 151. I guess the original will be in the set while this promo will be a bonus.. but it makes me wonder when this Alakazam ex will be released in Japan.
It’ll probably be in Shiny Treasure, international promos are usually released in JPN special sets.

im SO so happy the mew and mewtwo will be promos!!! now i never have to worry about pulling them or trying to buy the overpriced singles like how the PE magikarp is so jacked up rn

also is anyone else amused by the name "Scarlet & Violet - 151" considering there are very obviously no S/V pokemon in the set lol. kinda wish they had just stuck with "Pokemon Card 151"

Last edited:
Back