“Shrouded Fable” Special Pokemon TCG Set Revealed for August!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Shrouded Fable has been revealed as our special English set releasing on August 2nd! As predicted before, the set will feature the cards from Japan’s Night Wanderer set, including Pecharunt ex, Okidogi ex, Munkidori ex, and Fezandipiti ex.

Pokemon_TCG_Scarlet_Violet—Shrouded_Fable_Booster_Wrap_Pecharunt-copy-109x200.jpg

Pokemon_TCG_Scarlet_Violet—Shrouded_Fable_Booster_Wrap_Okidogi-copy-109x200.jpg

Pokemon_TCG_Scarlet_Violet—Shrouded_Fable_Booster_Wrap_Munkidori-copy-109x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I like how their going back and giving alt arts to cards, the greninja is stunning. I just wish they gave them to pokemon without art rares already, greninja and kingambit have a lot. Pecharunt promo looks interesting though, might see some use with a poison stall deck or something?

I could see it being the "end of the year" set, a la VSTAR Universe and Shiny Treasure ex, where the special part of the set features these Ukiyo-E style cards
nothing about them is really Ukio-E to me. They are traditional art yes, but they don't even look very traditionally Japanese nor does the flow of the artworks. Wonder where that description comes from.

That said all cards can be pulled from either of the upcoming Japanese sets (like stellar miracle or Paradiso dragonia)

Whyyyyyy it's the wrong Greninja! I guess that means I can actually afford this one then (maybe)
I was at first thinking like: cool, they are reprinting the Greninja from Twilight Masquerade but then oh, is not that one. Still the art is pretty nice.

Wow. This was a weird situation that they solved really well; I can’t even think of a better solution than this. This is the smallest set we’ve had in a while, in a good way. I was expecting this to be a bulk set full of those terrible Battle Academy cards we never got alongside a bunch of other random garbage that was never released in international markets, but it’s basically just the Japanese set by itself with some other actually good stuff thrown in. I can safely say that this exceeded all of my expectations

I love the promo arts and Kingdra hasn't even been revealed! I was skeptical on this set initially but I think it's going to have potential. They need to start doing more of these ex illustration rares for collection boxes (even if they aren't playable)

Wow. This was a weird situation that they solved really well; I can’t even think of a better solution than this. This is the smallest set we’ve had in a while, in a good way. I was expecting this to be a bulk set full of those terrible Battle Academy cards we never got alongside a bunch of other random garbage that was never released in international markets, but it’s basically just the Japanese set by itself with some other actually good stuff thrown in. I can safely say that this exceeded all of my expectations
at the end of the day, the set will be more expensive as it is marketed as a "special set" while being just "Night Wanderer ++". There are so many products and you can't just buy a display again. If it would have been part of TWM it would actually have also been okay, just a big set like Paldea Evolved but with better access.

Pecharunt could be cool with cheaper hit & run attackers by including brute bonnet/capsule in the list

There are at least 31 other cards, most of which will come from Battle Academy just 0 of the ex cards which should be pushed into SV7.

This is not a special set. Just a normal set in every regard with a bit fewer cards. No different pack size, no different rarity, no subset...

Back