“Surging Sparks” English Pokemon TCG Set Releasing in November!

Agreed, I know he's the mascot but that's no excuse for bland set themes. Was Pikachu really the best pokemon they could pick for a second Stellar/Indigo Disk-themed set? Why not anything from unova...where this DLC takes place? I wanted to be excited but it's genuinely the laziest possible theme that could've been chosen IMO
Literally lol.. I assume Paradise Dragona will at least feature something like Archaludon ex or maybe Haxorus ex (since it still surprisingly has never had a 2-prize card) - But man this really just feels like it's gonna be Vivid Voltage Again

TPCi not giving our wallets a chance to breathe 😂 Stellar Crown releases Sept 13, and then another set a month and a half later???

I just hope they're good cards without relying on each other, cards like Latias EX and Latios GX were. Too often they get cards that benefit off having both in play, but they end up mediocre even when both are in play.
Maybe if alone they are good but together really good? I feel like that's the whole point of the lati twins; being twins and all.
I'm cool if they are good either way, I don't remember either really being competitively viable pokemon really (I've only seen competitive since XY so not 100%).

Maybe if alone they are good but together really good? I feel like that's the whole point of the lati twins; being twins and all.
I'm cool if they are good either way, I don't remember either really being competitively viable pokemon really (I've only seen competitive since XY so not 100%).
I think Latias gold star was competitively good and also was included in world championship winner deck in 2006 (if I remember correct that year)

Hopefully alongside Eternatus, we also get Hydrapple, Gouging Fire, Iron Crown and Terapagos as regular versions. Then the Pokédex will be complete.

Been this way for several years now...
Yeah, I really don’t know what people expect. Gacha and collectibles work different in Japan. They get a set every month and we get a combination of two to three (usually) so it works out just fine. It’s also needed so that the game it on same level for worlds. I would be down for a simu-release with the smaller Japanese Sets tho.

The main problem I see is that the cards are way more expensive in the west, hence they are more draining.

Agreed, I know he's the mascot but that's no excuse for bland set themes. Was Pikachu really the best pokemon they could pick for a second Stellar/Indigo Disk-themed set? Why not anything from unova...where this DLC takes place? I wanted to be excited but it's genuinely the laziest possible theme that could've been chosen IMO
It’s the third set, just the second for us and it’s not yet set that Pikachu is the sole mascot, it’s just part of it.

Back