“Terapagos ex Ultra-Premium Collection” Revealed for November!

I will need to wait and see what the promo cards are like. UPC products are funny. Celebrations had some okay promo cards and some really high end metal cards. Charizard had amazing promos. Mew had some great promos and a better made but ultimately lackluster metal card (so kinda the child of the previous two). In theory, this will take the lessons of the previous UPC and improve it, but who knows.

TCG fans (that dont play the main games) have this really weird perception that think people didnt like the pokemon themselves this gen. It really isnt hard at all to find fans of many new pokemon
Its true. On top of that, I don't think "bland" is a good argument when it comes to rate Pokemon, as recent Generations have much more design philosophy behind every single mon compared to the first three gens, which are pretty much the fantasy of a 10 year old (and only rescued by sugimoris art in the end). This becomes especially clear when you look at the early legendaries which stick out much more than todays.

I dont wanna say the first gens are bad tho, but they weren't all good. Pokemon was always about large numbers and as a fan you can pick your favorites. Gen 9 was imo much stronger than the last two before it (not the game, the Pokemon).

I also don't understand fans that don't like anything beyond gen 1 Like why are you even in this fandom? you can just let go you know.

When I first saw all the gen 9 mons as static stock images, I thought they were ridiculous and stupid. Just like seeing all the previous gens for the first time after about gen 3, when I initially quit. But so many Pokémon from over the years have grown on me by seeing great art of them, really capturing their character. And actually, I quite like gen 9. I like the starters, the ancient Pokémon and other older gen throwbacks, the Lechonk, Pawmi, Tandemaus, Smoliv, Tadbulb, Shroodle, Bramblin, Tinkatink and Greavard lines, the treasures of ruin... really not a bad haul at all. And I actually love the aesthetic of the whole "tera" thing, including the hats ;)

If anything lets this generation down, it's the boring holo pattern on regular holos (and reverses too actually), the continuation of boring plain rule box cards (that are often used as promos), regular full art Pokémon that feel like filler "hits", and low pull rates from Paradox Rift onwards. If they'd kept the pull rates from the first few SV sets, I'd be buying way more packs. Especially if they were making more interesting products like they do in Japan / China. But on the other hand, I'm really happy that you can get cards like the Mew ex, Kingdra ex and Greninja ex SIRs just by buying promo boxes.

Last edited:
Pokemon really pushing Gen 9 aren’t they. S&V one of my absolutely least favourite generations in the TCG. Fantastic art wasted on bland Pokemon (for the most part). Not been excited for a product since 151 but that’s probably my nostalgia glasses talking.
a company is pushing their product, in other news water is wet

Gen 9 has some great Pokemon! Like all generations (including Gen 1) yes there are some blah to completely duds, but there are also some fantastic designs as well. To include one of my new favorites and perfect friend shaped derp: Clodsire.

Seriously look at his simple smile and innocent (yet vacant) eyes and say it's worse than many of the Kanto designs.

Fact is while everyone drools over Gen 1 it has unremarkable Pokemon most of us forget exists (outside those 1 or 2 fans), and Gen 1 had the benefit of being the first Gen so the most design space.

Attachments

• clodsire.jpg
    clodsire.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 4
The other two promo cards have to be good or else this will be a very underwhelming product like the new Charizard collection and not worth the premium price...

Last edited:
I’m praying the Sylveon and ceruledge Aren’t in this box since anyone who would want to play with them in real life would need to pay over £100 for each of them

There have been 2 non-set specific UPCs in the past, and both of these UPCs have had promo cards that have revealed part of the upcoming High Class set.

The Sword & Shield UPC included the Zacian & Zamazenta that went in to Shiny Treasure V, the Charizard UPC included the Charizard V, VMAX & VSTAR SARs from VSTAR Universe.

It also seems very silly to have the staple pokemon of Stellar Crown, that's on the box, the packs, and the main mentioned Pokemon in the whole set not get any of it's special art cards.

I would imagine they're all in Stellar Crown still other than potentially the full art.

High Class sets typically reprint cards from the September set of the previous year (Raging Surf) to the August set of the current year (Stellar Miracle being in July, with no scheduled set for August). Meaning Terapagos would get an ex reprint in the High Class set.

We'll likely see the UPC have a new art Terapagos regular ex, the full art from above and a new Terapagos SAR. Where the regular ex & SAR go in the High Class set for Japan.
There Definitely All "Stellar Crown" Cards Unless They Use Cards From Whatever the English Version Of "Paradise Dragona"(name of Japanese set releasing 9/13/2024) ends up being Called cause its obvious to all of us who have been following the release pattern to Pokémon TCG for years now, They aren't exactly following there usual release patterns. Atleast seems not for this summer and holiday season of 2024. Even a blind Pokémon Tcg player can see that

There Definitely All "Stellar Crown" Cards Unless They Use Cards From Whatever the English Version Of "Paradise Dragona"(name of Japanese set releasing 9/13/2024) ends up being Called cause its obvious to all of us who have been following the release pattern to Pokémon TCG for years now, They aren't exactly following there usual release patterns. Atleast seems not for this summer and holiday season of 2024. Even a blind Pokémon Tcg player can see that
It's already known that they can't possibly be all from Stellar Crown, unless they're not black star promos.

It's most likely they are new arts of Lapras & Cinderace that will come in the high class set in Japanese.

Back