“The Glory of Team Rocket” and “Terastal Festival” Set Names Trademarked for the Pokemon TCG!

Best news in the tcg for a long time! Love it and I really hope we get to see some new dark Pokémon again

They've recently brought back Pokémon ex to the TCG, and Pokémon of different typing using the Tera mechanic, so I wouldn't exactly rule out a return for Dark Pokémon unless they use the directly translated Bad Pokémon. (I think it's called Warui in Japan)
The problem with Dark Pokémon is that the evolving stage 1's are also Dark, so while a stage 2 ex can evolve from the same stage 1 as a normal stage 2 for that Pokémon, a Dark stage 2 line must use a different stage 1. Granted, this isn't as much of a problem when you're using Rare Candy anyways, but it also means these lines are incompatible with cards like BREAK's and Lv.X's.

Team Rocket is cool and all, but they've had plenty of opprutunities to shine now. Gen 4 recently got a pair of games, so why not do a Team Galactic set? Team Aqua/Magma got a set in Gen 6, and I don't think people like Archie/Maxie nearly as much as Cyrus, regardless of their redesigns (...which didn't even get used in the following generation's games?!). Team Flare gets a pass, since for all we know, they could be involved in the plot of the new game somehow. Maybe this new set will feature Rainbow Rocket, which, if that's the case...yeah, that IS something the TCG has never really explored yet...somehow! So, hopefully that's the angle they take that set...

Team Rocket Returns is one of my top 3 sets, to think it has been 20 years already. Great to know! <3

Going through all the Pokémon owned by Team Rocket and Team Rainbow Rocket in the core series, we have the following candidates for who COULD be in the new Team Rocket set:

Dark Raticate
Dark Fearow
Dark Arbok
Dark Raichu
Dark Alolan Raichu
Dark Sandslash
Dark Nidorina
Dark Nidoqueen
Dark Nidorino
Dark Nidoking
Dark Golbat
Dark Crobat
Dark Gloom
Dark Vileplume
Dark Bellossom
Dark Venomoth
Dark Dugtrio
Dark Persian
Dark Primeape
Dark Annihilape
Dark Arcanine
Dark Machoke
Dark Machamp
Dark Tentacruel
Dark Graveler
Dark Golem
Dark Muk
Dark Haunter
Dark Gengar
Dark Steelix
Dark Hypno
Dark Electrode
Dark Exeggutor
Dark Alolan Exeggutor
Dark Marowak
Dark Weezing
Dark Rhydon
Dark Rhyperior
Dark Gyarados
Dark Honchkrow
Dark Gliscor
Dark Weavile
Dark Houndoom
Dark Mightyena
Dark Sharpedo
Dark Camerupt
Dark Claydol
Dark Gabite
Dark Garchomp
Dark Hippowdon
Dark Krokorok
Dark Krookodile
Dark Cofagrigus
Dark Mienshao
Dark Bisharp
Dark Kingambit
Dark Zweilous
Dark Hydreigon
Dark Pyroar

The following are not owned by Team Rocket in the games, but were controlled by them in the TCG:
Dark Ivysaur
Dark Venusaur
Dark Chameleon
Dark Charizard
Dark Wartortle
Dark Blastoise
Dark Wigglytuff
Dark Golduck
Dark Kadabra
Dark Alakazam
Dark Rapidash
Dark Slowbro
Dark Slowking
Dark Magneton
Dark Scizor
Dark Vaporeon
Dark Jolteon
Dark Flareon
Dark Espeon
Dark Porygon2
Dark Omanyte
Dark Omastar
Dark Dragonair
Dark Dragonite
Dark Quilava
Dark Typhlosion
Dark Croconaw
Dark Feraligatr
Dark Ariados
Dark Flaaffy
Dark Ampharos
Dark Forretress
Dark Ursaring
Dark Magcargo
Dark Octillery
Dark Donphan
Dark Pupitar
Dark Tyranitar

And the Game Boy Exclusives?
Dark Clefable
Dark Ninetales
Dark Starmie

I have excluded Dark Celebi due to it being knows as Rocket's Celebi in Japan.

I think we should use this as an opportunity to predict which Pokémon will have Dark in their names in the new Team Rocket set.
If my calculations are correct, It will see the following list of Dark Pokémon return should they follow the Pokémon owned by them in the games.

Returning Dark Pokémon:
Dark Raticate
Dark Fearow (in Japan)
Dark Arbok
Dark Raichu
Dark Sandslash
Dark Golbat
Dark Crobat
Dark Gloom
Dark Vileplume
Dark Dugtrio
Dark Persian
Dark Primeape
Dark Machoke
Dark Machamp
Dark Muk
Dark Haunter
Dark Gengar
Dark Steelix
Dark Hypno
Dark Electrode
Dark Exeggutor
Dark Marowak
Dark Weezing
Dark Gyarados
Dark Houndoom

The rest of the candidates I listed earlier on will be brand new Dark Pokémon. The Dark Pokémon that are not owned by Team Rocket in the games, but exist in the TCG, including Dark Fearow, I can see them being Brucey bonuses if they make The Glory of Team Rocket a humongous set!

If only the candidates in the list are released, then there will be 117 Pokémon before Trainers and secret Rares, but there will be 187 Pokémon before Trainers and Secret Rares if ALL of them are released. I will predict that there will be 117 Pokémon before Trainers, Energy, Pokémon ex and Secret Rares.

Whew! The nostalgia hitting hard on the Rocket set. I can’t wait to see what they reveal, and if they put some kind of new twist on it.

YES!!!!! BECAUSE IF THERE WAS ONE THING THIS GAME WAS MISSING, IT WAS SETS HEAVILY/ENTIRELY FOCUSING ON GEN 1!! I AM SOYFACING SO HARD!!!!!

YES!!!!! BECAUSE IF THERE WAS ONE THING THIS GAME WAS MISSING, IT WAS SETS HEAVILY/ENTIRELY FOCUSING ON GEN 1!! I AM SOYFACING SO HARD!!!!!
Please, for God's sake, stop complaining. We haven't seen any images of the set yet; it might be focused on Gen 2.

I am allowed to criticize things I'm into. And you know it won't...you're coping, dawg
Just because you use the word "coping" doesn't suddenly make you the smartest. All I'm saying is that at some point, you need to stop spreading negativity. Damn, we have no info; it's super unpleasant. Look at the Team Rocket set from the EX block: there are quite a few second-generation Pokémon in it. They could also just decide to print a bunch of Pokémon from all generations in dark mode...

And no, I'm not "coping." I'm happy whether it's Pokémon from generation 1, 9, or in between. Even within generation 1, there's Mewtwo who would deserve an SAR card; he hasn't had any nice rare cards since his hideous alternative from Pokémon GO. I don't even understand the concept of not wanting Pokémon from a certain generation; there are plenty of first-generation Pokémon that have never had good cards

It's just tiring to see people complaining all the time, no matter the set, no matter the reason. It's unpleasant and kills the hype. We literally know nothing about the set apart from the damn name. Realize how absurd it is to complain, for heaven's sake.

Just because you use the word "coping" doesn't suddenly make you the smartest. All I'm saying is that at some point, you need to stop spreading negativity. Damn, we have no info; it's super unpleasant. Look at the Team Rocket set from the EX block: there are quite a few second-generation Pokémon in it. They could also just decide to print a bunch of Pokémon from all generations in dark mode...

And no, I'm not "coping." I'm happy whether it's Pokémon from generation 1, 9, or in between. Even within generation 1, there's Mewtwo who would deserve an SAR card; he hasn't had any nice rare cards since his hideous alternative from Pokémon GO. I don't even understand the concept of not wanting Pokémon from a certain generation; there are plenty of first-generation Pokémon that have never had good cards

It's just tiring to see people complaining all the time, no matter the set, no matter the reason. It's unpleasant and kills the hype. We literally know nothing about the set apart from the damn name. Realize how absurd it is to complain, for heaven's sake.
Don’t even remember the GO card but Mewtwo 151 ar is so beautiful helloo and I say that as someone who doesn’t care about that Pokémon in the slightest. The V Star was also really nice like I’m sorry but unless we’re talking about competitive, Mewtwo fans aren’t starving at all. If we want Pokémon from first gen that never had “good” cards Mewtwo ain’t one of them

There might not even be Dark Pokemon in it. All we have is a name.
Plot twist: A set based on Mossdeep City.

At least it's safe to say that the name of the set was inspired by the Team Rocket slogan I quoted earlier in this thread.

Back