“Trainer’s Toolkit 2024” Revealed Featuring New Squawkabilly ex Promo!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The 2024 Trainer’s Tookit has just been revealed!
It will feature Squawkabilly ex as a new alternate art promo. The art hasn’t been seen in Japan yet. It may release in December’s Terastal Festival set.

572fa901-fbb4-4b22-ba50-34a43f9e8636-200x121.jpg

adfb42c7-dd20-4825-b9bc-4362f781f212-200x88.jpg

3e55f045-e39e-416d-8de5-b372ad4f69ff-200x118.jpg

97e8634e-af43-485a-8a25-f3a290d2844a-133x200.jpg

a42e38db-5586-4c91-8ace-f4ba16c44f55-200x119.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I was wondering about a new trainer's toolkit, it's always good to have more of the staple item cards readily available, like Buddy Buddy Poffin and probably Earthen Vessel. I'm really curious if they included Prime Catcher or another ACE but then I feel like they would've showcased it

I'm wondering what Pokemon they'll feature for 2025. Block H doesn't yet have a card like Squawkabilly ex - which is great, even when Squawk was a pretty inoffensive version of this type of effect. It's probably going to be Prime Catcher, then.

I'm wondering what Pokemon they'll feature for 2025. Block H doesn't yet have a card like Squawkabilly ex - which is great, even when Squawk was a pretty inoffensive version of this type of effect. It's probably going to be Prime Catcher, then.
Mew ex? Fezandipity ex?

Fezandipiti ex looks like a premium option from H Block.

Seems overpriced as usual. This thing should be like $20. Too bad it doesn’t look like it has Prime Catcher or Unfair Stamp, that would actually justify the price and make it a lot more desirable. Additionally, Squawkabilly ex has already been reprinted multiple times. The promo could have been worse, since Squawk is still super playable in a lot of decks, but I would have preferred if it was something like Iron Hands ex, Mew ex, Pidgeot ex, or Teal Mask Ogerpon ex which are quite pricey to get ahold of

I love how some of us were wondering whether or not this was continuing. I do like that they have some images of the cards on the packaging this time, but it seems like it won't have the Energy block.

Seems overpriced as usual. This thing should be like $20. Too bad it doesn’t look like it has Prime Catcher or Unfair Stamp, that would actually justify the price and make it a lot more desirable. Additionally, Squawkabilly ex has already been reprinted multiple times. The promo could have been worse, since Squawk is still super playable in a lot of decks, but I would have preferred if it was something like Iron Hands ex, Mew ex, Pidgeot ex, or Teal Mask Ogerpon ex which are quite pricey to get ahold of
You're being fickle. The packs alone are $18 at a $4.50 MSRP, so I don't know how you can justify suggesting that entire box should be worth $20. It's still includes staples and other product that support the price.

I wish they put playsets in these products instead of just 2 of each card. Its hard to justify $35 for 2 of each card when you can probably get a playset of each card on the list for significantly less.
And buying two is a feels-bad considering there are usually also a few relatively useless trainer cards contained in these.

Lumineon V and Arceus V/VSTAR are both regulation mark F and they were promos for the Trainer's Toolkit of 2022 and 2023 respectively.
I think the difference is that by mid or late 2025, Mew ex will be fairly close to rotating. They always make sure that the Rule Box in the toolkit isn't going in the next rotation

I think the difference is that by mid or late 2025, Mew ex will be fairly close to rotating. They always make sure that the Rule Box in the toolkit isn't going in the next rotation
Fair but it's still an option since it's a highly played card and considering that rotation now happens fairly later (the first Toolkits were released around July and rotation used to happen around August which is not the case anymore).

Back