(1) ‘Legendary Treasures’ to Feature Over 130 Cards! [9/11]

Momaster12 said:
Wait, I thought we do get EEB. EX Battle Boost has 95 cards and Shiny Collection is seperate sooo.... where are the rest of the cards coming from.

EEB is 42 new cards. Legendary Treasures has 113 without Radiant Collection. 93 of those should be from EX Battle Boost with the golden Dragons as secret rares. The rest are probably from the Mewtwo/Genesect Deck -- 16 unique cards, plus two Trainers that haven't been reprinted in Crushing Hammer and Energy Switch -- that was released in Japan with Battle Boost. If the golden Dragons aren't secret rares, they're the last two cards. If they are secrets, the last two are probably the two Trainer cards from EEB: Oak's Meeting and Fennel's Help.

Frost said:
I'm thinking they'll be handled like the Unown in Unseen Forces or Rotom/Arceus subsets from the Platinum series.

My thoughts exactly.

Frost said:
I'm thinking they'll be handled like the Unown in Unseen Forces or Rotom/Arceus subsets from the Platinum series.

That totally makes sense cause they're no gonna have a rev. in every pack and if they do they take up the rare space.

It's not. The set is "over 130 cards" but that's including Radiant Collection which is a separate subset. The main set is 113 cards so there's no room for EEB, sadly. The remaining cards that aren't from Battle Boost will probably be from the Mewtwo vs. Genesect Deck.

Ok I am missing something and out of the loop here....what is this Radiant Collection??? Is it the same as Shiny Collection or Shimmer collection?? IF it is not, can someone please explain.

Radiant Collection is a subset within Legendary Treasures. It is the same cards as Shiny Collection. They use a different numbering scheme but are all found in Legendary Treasure packs.

OK thanks for explaining. Does anyone know if they will have the special holo foil type (like the Japanese cards did- pikachu had pika faces, lightning bolts in his foil, gardevoir had lace in hers, etc). ?

Binx345 said:
Does anyone know if they will have the special holo foil type (like the Japanese cards did- pikachu had pika faces, lightning bolts in his foil, gardevoir had lace in hers, etc). ?

It said something about the Radiant Collection having a different holo-foil, so I'd assume the English ones are going to look the same as the Japanese ones.

Binx345 said:
OK thanks for explaining. Does anyone know if they will have the special holo foil type (like the Japanese cards did- pikachu had pika faces, lightning bolts in his foil, gardevoir had lace in hers, etc). ?

gardevoir.jpg

I'm not sure if those lace patterns are the foil, but if they are...

That is cool if the lace is the holo, but I have the Japanese "shimmer/radiant/shiny collection" gardevoir in my hand right now. And the Jap one has dots all over (a holo not used in Eng cards yet, though the US mcdonalds ones came close) AND it has special foil lace design in the bottom half of card. Meaning the area where attacks and such is. The lace design is NOT in the upper half (picture portion). However, gardevoir has lace in the artwork itself, which muddles things furthur. I guess only time will tell. I will be VERY impressed if somehow the Eng shimmer collection cards have that exact (awesome) holo type that the Japanese ones did.

I wish they had left it the little heart with SC in it for the subset symbol, and called it shimmer collection instead. Although radiant collection sounds better then lovely collection.

To be fair, the Radiant Collection Gardevoir is a picture from the official TCG site and those never have holo treatments. It'll be interesting to see what the Radiant cards look like in real life.

Back