(1) A New Forme of Mewtwo Revealed for the 16th Movie? [4/3]

if it's real, goes to show lack of creativity in the pokemon design team needs to be fired immediately.
if real, pokemon is officially dead and they have no hope of returning. out of ideas..

I slept on it and came to the conclusion that as unimaginative as it is, it may not be the worst thing ever. Sure it's a travesty Game Freak is having to change a well-known legendary, let alone the term Pokemon, just to bring attention to their next games, but it may not be a bad ploy to bring in sales, which is what every sales person is aiming for at the end of the day. I'm not saying I'm defending, I'm saying that now that I've thought about it, think of everything else we've deemed to be horrendous in the past and how lovable they are now (ex. Oshawott).

ashtavakra said:
if it's real, goes to show lack of creativity in the pokemon design team needs to be fired immediately.
if real, pokemon is officially dead and they have no hope of returning. out of ideas..

I've said it before, andI'll say it agin. No need to be so darn hypocritical. Are you incharge of Game Freak? No. Do your views represent those of every fan? No.
How exactly is Pokemon dying? It's as strong as ever and shows no signs of weakening. If you don't like this 1 Pokemon don't use it, simple as that.

I lieks new Mewtwo :3

Water Pokémon Master said:

This new Pokemon (I am not calling it Mew or Mewtwo) does look very cool and I am sure will capture everyone's attention the next several months. It certainly does resemble the latter Mewtwo or Mew Generation-1 Pokemon, but has no "official" connection to them as of now. I think it is very clever of Nintendo to claim "A New Pokemon with a Familiar Look", because they're basically saying: its not Mewtwo...just an idea that, sorta looks like him. Who knows? Maybe team Rocket made another clone. I look forward to this game and its new adventures, plus the new trading cards that follow!

ashtavakra said:

"Waaah I don't like something new that Game Freak is doing because it hurts my nostalgia. This new thing that I know nothing about is obviously proof that Pokemon is out of ideas and is officially dead even though something like this has never been done before in the history of Pokemon waaaaah."

^lol, too funny. Sorry, just posting this cause I don't have a like button atm and felt like I needed to tell you that was funny.

Here's my speculation of this new pokemon. What if it were like the ORIGINAL Mewtwo? Like say before Team Rocket ever cloned Mew there was already a Mewtwo in existence? lol Most likely I'm way off from what GameFreak is trying to do with this new pokemon, but that idea really excites me and for once I kind of hope I'm right. lol

I am no fan of the embedded halo and tail off the head.
Wait . . .
snicker. That is funny!!

But there are always traits someone would change.

ashtavakra said:

There is just so much wrong in your post that I could write paragraphs about it, but I won't.

Please, I'm waiting for all of you to tell me what is wrong with my post?
Dying game is dying. The game's highest population is in the oldest age division.

ashtavakra said:
Please, I'm waiting for all of you to tell me what is wrong with my post?
Dying game is dying. The game's highest population is in the oldest age division.

Idk if I would say that. If you are referring to the amount of people per age group that attend video game and TCG tournaments, then you are looking at skewed data. If you are just looking at personal experience of what age group likes Pokemon the most, then that cant be counted as fact. I'm not entirely sure where you get the idea that Pokemon is dying or is dead. Pokemon's popularity seems to be increasing and it has done so especially since it was almost killed when the 3rd generation came out.

I expect Pokemon to thrive for at least another decade as long as it is handled in a manner unlike that of the Megaman or Sonic franchises. Pokemon is going to change and evolve. New ideas are going to show up and it might not appeal to you, which is fine, but its always a suggestion to keep an open mind.

Oh, and as far as the original post, this Pokemon is not very original, but people seem to equate that as bad. I really dont know why people think that. Just because something resembles something else and is not original, does not mean it cant be cool or interesting. A new take on an old idea can prove to be great. To address your complaint that they are running out of ideas, I used to think that but then I wised up. Look into the origin for many of these Pokemon and you will be surprised to see how many of the "out of ideas" Pokemon are actually pretty cool. Sure they can come up with a bunch of knock-out awesome Pokemon, but they shouldnt. You wouldnt want them to saturate a generation with all the possible animals or organisms they left out, because then what is left for future generations? Thats why there needs to be a mix of new organisms with outside-of-the-box ideas and repeat Pokemon.

Just think about it that way.

Is this suppose to be the Speed form of mewtwo or something? Or is it about time a LEGENDARY pokemon evolves ... I would have pictured a more Badass mewtwo form but i guess they decided to go with the MEW body structure. WTV it is am Excited for it cause MEWTWO was and still is my FAV pokemon of all time!

Starboard Driger said:
smash4131.jpg

Apparently, it's an entirely new Pokemon and not a new form. Mewthree, perhaps?

I agree, basic psychic pokemon, not a new forme. Just my opinion

And was anybody else more amused by the almighty upgraded sprites of the past generation Pokemon? Is that just me?

Given that the story is about Genesect and experimenting with it, it would not be a stretch that Genesect is a clone (there are 4 of them in the movie) inspired by the experiments with Mew and Mewtwo (pokedex supports this). As such, it would stand to reason that they attempted to make a new mew clone first...

evilpacman said:
^^^ See, a Mewtwo fan who isnt pissed about this thing lol

LOL, don't get me wrong, even though am excited about what 6th generation will bring for mewtwo, NO WAY IN HELL do I like this new form. Mewtwo is simple, cool, majestic and DEADLY. This new form has MONKEY written all over it

godzilla41 said:
evilpacman said:
^^^ See, a Mewtwo fan who isnt pissed about this thing lol

LOL, don't get me wrong, even though am excited about what 6th generation will bring for mewtwo, NO WAY IN HELL do I like this new form. Mewtwo is simple, cool, majestic and DEADLY. This new form has MONKEY written all over it

Dude, original Mewtwo looks like a stretched-out, bald, lumpy cat. But it also looks cool and deadly to you because you've fought it and used it, and you know what it can do and just how powerful it is. No one knows what this new thing can do yet, so they're just judging it on its looks, but I guarantee that opinion for this new mon will change once we know more about what it is and what its abilities are.

DorianBlack said:
godzilla41 said:

Dude, original Mewtwo looks like a stretched-out, bald, lumpy cat. But it also looks cool and deadly to you because you've fought it and used it, and you know what it can do and just how powerful it is. No one knows what this new thing can do yet, so they're just judging it on its looks, but I guarantee that opinion for this new mon will change once we know more about what it is and what its abilities are.

unless it brings nothing new to the table XD

I mean, it looks even more Psychic than Mewtwo, but Id imagine way too similar stats..an uber sp.atk and good speed.
It could easily have some secret we can't imagine atm tho.

Whether it is a Mewtwo forme or a new pokémon I think it will have even more Sp.Atk than Mewtwo... maybe 20 points higher... It just screams special sweeper to me...

DorianBlack said:
godzilla41 said:

I was just talking about the apperance and not what the new form/pokemon is capable off ... -_-'

Back