(1) B/W Starter Pokemon Revealed in CoroCoro Scans [5/12]

Water Pokémon Master said:
Remember, everything is still beta. R/S and D/P had sprites in CoroCoro that were changed upon the actual releases. So for Entei, it might just be a placeholder if it's the same as the 4th gen games.
They're probably will make changes later on in the game, to make the sprites a bit different from the previous games.

Personally, I like the idea of the grass/dragon final evo for tsataja (probably spelled it wrong) but its name comes from ivy and snake so I think it is going to be grass/poison for "poison ivy" and some snakes are venomous so I say it's a double Whammy!

I hate place holders....i wanna see the new ones :(

Water Pokémon Master said:
Remember, everything is still beta. R/S and D/P had sprites in CoroCoro that were changed upon the actual releases. So for Entei, it might just be a placeholder if it's the same as the 4th gen games.

xD Oops, I got too worried. That reminds me of Giratina Origin Forme's beta sprite... Okay, there's still hope for an awesome new Arceus front sprite, then. xP

Also, just on a random thought, Pyroink as the Fire starter's English name? (Not sure if someone else already thought of it, just thought I'd share.) xP I just thought that'd sound neat.

Xous said:
xD Oops, I got too worried. That reminds me of Giratina Origin Forme's beta sprite... Okay, there's still hope for an awesome new Arceus front sprite, then. xP

Also, just on a random thought, Pyroink as the Fire starter's English name? (Not sure if someone else already thought of it, just thought I'd share.) xP I just thought that'd sound neat.

Pyroink? where do you get that?

Those are definitely place holder sprites because i don't yhink they are going to use the EXACT sprite as DP and Zoarork or however u spell it is a weird looking sprite

See I find that the starters look more like fanart then Pokemon. I try looking at them, but they don't look Pokemon-ish.

Xous said:
Okay, there's still hope for an awesome new Arceus front sprite, then. xP
When they do actually show the new Arceus front sprite I'll be really happy to see it. I would also like to see an ice plate equipped to that Arceus. :3

rockinpikachu said:
Those are definitely place holder sprites because i don't yhink they are going to use the EXACT sprite as DP and Zoarork or however u spell it is a weird looking sprite

*remembering the epic arguments of the hat for HGSS* Definitely take all sprites with a grain of salt.

I like Pyroink. :) It's cute.

Pokemonvacation said:
Pyroink? where do you get that?

Like I said, it was just a thought, nothing official. xD It'll be interesting to see what names they get when it's brought over to the English versions.

I got a pokedoptable! Thanks for having one in you sig, Ice Arceus^^
@ Xous- Do you think they'd use a name that described it so well? That'd be cool^^

Xous said:
Like I said, it was just a thought, nothing official. xD It'll be interesting to see what names they get when it's brought over to the English versions.

i didnt mean like a site I just meant what did the name derive from?
Like tsutaaja = ivy+snake

Pokemonvacation said:
i didnt mean like a site I just meant what did the name derive from?
Like tsataja = ivy+snake

The name is the combination of Pyro + Oink. Since it's a fire pig, I figured it fit. xP

oh i get it now! i liked Pyroink to begin with but it helps me to like them more if i understand where the name is derived from.

Pyrepork FTW! Piggaburn! Hampyre! (LOL last one sounds like vampire.)

(Think of pyro in terms of pyromania. ^.^)

Back