(1) BW6 Charmander, Charmeleon, Squirtle, and Wartortle Revealed! [5/25]

Loving the artwork on these cards and Charmander's first attack. They'd better make Charizard and Blastoise strong! I would like to see Fire return to the Meta.

FINALLY A LEGAL CHARIZARD!!! :D

Seriously, we haven't had a Charizard since the Platinum era. It is my favorite Pokemon, so I am ridiculously excited lol.

It had better be playable... lol xD

I like Squirtle's Ability, I think Blastoise will be similar to the UL one, but with an Ability.

Maybe in these sets there'll be a Shiny Venusaur! :D And in the future, Blastoise and Charizard shiny too. If Charzard in this set is going to be playable, I can only imagine how valuable the Shiny one will be..

I'll be putting money aside right now for the possiblity of having shiny Gen 1 Stage 2 Starters.
Anyone have a rough esimate when this JP set will be hitting shelves in the rest of the world?

TPZ said:
Maybe in these sets there'll be a Shiny Venusaur! :D And in the future, Blastoise and Charizard shiny too. If Charzard in this set is going to be playable, I can only imagine how valuable the Shiny one will be..

That´s exactly what I thought they would do. Makes sense at least, as Venusaur is popular and playable ;)

Really? I thought so, as quite a few people listed how many Venusaur they pulled from their DE boxes over at pokegym :p
(I´m no player, I´m a collector)

I still see how Venusaur is a popular Pokemon amongst collectors :)
I didn´t mean just the card from Dark Explorers, but Venusaur as a whole, seeing it´s a Stage 2 Gen 1 starter.

I guess we´ll just have to wait what PCL decides to do. Still hoping for those URs anyway.

TPZ said:

In six years, Charizard is worth $200 :p

Awesome! I've been waiting very (im)patiently for some BW6 news, and now we have some! Yay!

As far as pre-evolutions go, these are pretty sweet. Charmander has a nice starting attack and Squirtle has a neat ability, and the stage 1's are decent while not special at all. Artwork is great all around, with Charmander being really, really, really cute.

I hope Charizard and Blastoise are playable. I predict Blastoise to have some sort of protective ability while Charizard will be a big hitter that discards energy. It would make sense, anyway... No matter what, I just want them to be good. :)

As a side note, would it be too much to ask for if I wanted Freeze Bolt (with Charizard) to also include Swampert and Torterra lines, and Cold Flare (with Blastoise) to have Sceptile and Infernape lines? Because Venusaur, Blaziken and Empoleon were in Dark Explorers, so... Maybe? Please?

These cards look pretty cool. Been awhile since these cards were in a set let alone a theme deck XD.,:)

The Squirtle line was just in Unleashed, which is still in the current rotation... there's not even been a wait for the return of those. Try asking Shellder/Cloyster TCG fans what anticipating a return is! :p

Frost said:
The Squirtle line was just in Unleashed, which is still in the current rotation... there's not even been a wait for the return of those. Try asking Shellder/Cloyster TCG fans what anticipating a return is! :p

Talk to a Kadabra fan.

Yeah poor Alakazam. It's been eight years!

I can't wait to see the new Charizard and Blastoise!:D

Well, expecting Kadabra at this point would be pretty unrealistic, but there are still like 100 other Pokemon who have been gone longer than the Squirtle and Charmander families. I know Charizard is popular and everything but posts like "It hasn't been printed since ARCEUS!" kind of make me giggle. :p

^ Lol, that post was awesome Frost. :) I would like to see Charizard & Blastoise in these sets.

Which month will this set be released? I really like the artwork of Charmeleon, it looks really cool. Squirtle is adorable, don't like the others that much.

Back