(1) Change to Foreign Cards Policy for 2009-2010 Season [7/14]

d master342 said:
I think you meant the 2009-2010 season in the second paragraph where you said 2010-2011 season, WPM.

Anyway, I'm mainly surprised too. I guess more Japanese. Claydols and Uxies will be popping up this year. I'm still not going to buy any different language cards because they'll probably ban them for the season after this upcoming one.

dmaster out.

But anything before platinum is wise to get now ie. Uxie or Claydol. But as dmaster said please don't buy japenese packs believing you can use them as I just think this is a year for us to get warm to the no foreign cards.

I just wondered why pop had a heart for a split second. Did the petitions work?

I don't see much use in spending money on cards I can just use for a year. Hmmm, I wonder if that's why I quit playing three years ago...Stupid rotations.

dmaster out.

gargoyle131 said:
He forgot to mention tho, that the Japanese cards have to be released in English from Supreme Victors or before, so any released beyond that are not legal.

Yeah, I'd read that on the Gym shortly after I posted that. Still, I still think buying a Uxie/Claydol in Japanese is a good investment, seeing as they will likely be rotated out next year.

WOOHOO! This isn't quite as good as I had hoped for (No foreign language ban at all) but far better than what I had expected (Complete Foreign Language card ban). Thank you PUSA! Thank you! Thank you! The second I saw this I went on ebay and bought a POTF booster box in celebration! Now my Absol G Lv.X and Luxray GL Lv.X and Infernape 4 Lv.X and lots more are safe for another year! And maybe if were lucky and POP continues with their recent sreak of kindness, they wont ban foreign language cards altogether next year. Either way though, this is incredible :)

I'm not big in to the organized play of TCG but POP made a good decision in allowing a transition period between the new rule so people can adjust to it. I don't personally like the new rule considering there are some japanese-only cards thatare strategic that cannot be used any more also since some come out before the USA releases them in their sets. The rule is a very good idea and I do believe that is why they issued it because it would ruin player's spirits and ideas for decks during the 09/10 season. Anyway, that's all I have to say, lol. =P

- Luigi

is it confirmed that rayquaza c lv x is in a tin? anyways i might go pick me up ray c and milotic if i can find it.

Alright! Now I can ask my friend to trade his rare candy, before he reads this. If he does, he's sure not gonna. XP

Mew the source of all said:
Wow :( I'm not sad just surprised. Well this means I can use the Dialga G lv X I accidently got that was Japanese. But more importantly it means usage of 'Super Bonbon' is extended. (Super Bonbon is another language for Rare Candy for those who don't know) Well anyway, other than that I don't really care. (Though I may get a Japanese Uxie) I'm still going to try and ditch the majority of my Japanese cards anyway.

Yes, yes, yes and yes. I love my Super Bon Bon, but I choose not to use it just to avoid the confusion since I have enough English Rare Candies

I just wish they'd do the same thing for the following season as well. Oh well. Now I can play Luxray. :D

Yeah, all those people that bought AA boxes got ripped. :F

dmaster out.

Here in Spain we're a bit confuse about the meaning of this new rule, since we've started to have cards in our own language not long ago (2 years). Of course, we don't have yet Organized Play, but there's rumors to be next years. Does this means that we would have to use just 6 spanish cards per deck if we get in a national or a league?

d master342 said:
Yeah, all those people that bought AA boxes got ripped. :F

dmaster out.

The full ban was still the new policy when AA came out, so I don't see why people would have bought boxes. Unless they are more of a collector.

Back