(1) Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie Boxes + Blister Pack with Pins [8/19]

TokenDuelist said:
Why are people even defending 5Ban Graphics, like holy.

Saying that 5ban isn't the worst thing ever is hardly a ringing endorsement. All I'm saying is that I prefer something that looks like this:
120-mew-ex.jpg

Over something that looks this:
100-mew-ex.jpg

Why? Because the Pokemon in question is embarrassingly off-model in the latter, and less so in 5ban's. I prefer hand-drawn artwork over CGI any day, but 5ban's at least doesn't make me cringe like some of the earlier CGI did.

Let's end this thing with 5ban and come to a conclusion.

5ban makes some awesome cards, like Mew EX FA and Virizion EX FA, but they also make some bad cards.

blargh257 said:
I actually don't mind the 5ban art. Some of it looks pretty good.

I really don't either, but the way people complain and constantly diss my anime on here, any opportunity to ruin their day excites me.

I especially like cards like meloetta where it looks like a diorama, and if you ask me a generic 3D is still better than a flat lifeless 2D, drawings need to have pizzazz.

ECHOxLegend said:
blargh257 said:
I actually don't mind the 5ban art. Some of it looks pretty good.

I really don't either, but the way people complain and constantly diss my anime on here, any opportunity to ruin their day excites me.

I especially like cards like meloetta where it looks like a diorama, and if you ask me a generic 3D is still better than a flat lifeless 2D, drawings need to have pizzazz.

But 2D drawings can have much more expressiveness than any 3D, I've been trying for years to emulate nishida's style using just 3D, and no luck. 3D can't be good for all. and the art in the cards is more about expressiveness than just showing the pokemon and being done with it.

professorlight said:
ECHOxLegend said:

But 2D drawings can have much more expressiveness than any 3D, I've been trying for years to emulate nishida's style using just 3D, and no luck. 3D can't be good for all. and the art in the cards is more about expressiveness than just showing the pokemon and being done with it.

Thats what I'm talking about, we need more Battle Boost Garchomp and less , for example, plasma blast Tynamo, its just whomp, flat on the background.

ECHOxLegend said:
professorlight said:

Thats what I'm talking about, we need more Battle Boost Garchomp and less , for example, plasma blast Tynamo, its just whomp, flat on the background.

Ohhh, sorry, I misread the part about flat, lifeless 2D. Sadly, 3D environments are too hard and you get very little reward for too much work, so I don't think we'll be seeing full 3D illustrations any time soon.
Remember base set porygon? I think that was the first and only card to feature full 3D, and even then, porygon was badly done. At 10, I had done it better than that. (I just checked, rocket porygon also has full 3D, but better done)

MOST 3D cards have backgrounds rendered in 3D, even if they're generic ones. >_> But actual 3D environments aren't that rare. Just look at Team Magma vs. Team Aqua or most Team Plasma Pokemon.

Frost said:
MOST 3D cards have backgrounds rendered in 3D, even if they're generic ones. >_> But actual 3D environments aren't that rare. Just look at Team Magma vs. Team Aqua or most Team Plasma Pokemon.

There are a few in magma/aqua, but most of them follow 5ban's style, and most are close-ups, which is a commonly used resource to negate most of the background, as are top-down views, small places/closed rooms and very focused lenses (<35 mm).

i think the promos arent final because they have no pokedex number

lol i wrote the only comment that wasnt apart of the 5ban graphics stupidity
people they have some pretty nice artwork, but everyone looks at their worst art

Pokemonlover903 said:
i think the promos arent final because they have no pokedex number

lol i wrote the only comment that wasnt apart of the 5ban graphics stupidity
people they have some pretty nice artwork, but everyone looks at their worst art

Water pokemon master said:

They will have a dex number, when XY comes out, the same day as these release.

Back