(1) Clearer CoroCoro Scans, New Details [8/9]

Nice, you can create your own layout in the safari zone, this game just gets better and better!

What a terrible decision to let a few selected Ubers into the VGC environment. Choice Scarf Kyogre anyone?

Anyways, a lot of cool information-thanks WPM!

While I'm falling in love with HG/SS even more thanks to this new information, I'm extremely disappointed that they're letting Ubers into Worlds. They should rename it "Battle of the Ubers," because that's all it'll be.

I thought Nintendo was heading in the right direction with the VGC. Even though the current format does have flaws and balance issues, it at least feels- you know what, forget it. This is an outrage! Nintendo has no excuse for making such a greedy regression back to catering to the kiddies. I don't like the VGC, but at least it got a generation of battlers interested in double battling and all of its strategies and tactics. This unmercifully takes a dump all over that development and any hope that Nintendo could ever maintain, or even create a tournament that satisfies all fans.

Customizable Safari Zone? Oh boy. I can already see what people will do.

I was planning on working my way up to go to the VGC next year, but I think I'll pass on a tournament where little kiddies will be using their "unbeatable" teams.

Ubers in the VGC but still no Tyranitar? What a travesty.

Customizable Safari Zone sounds cool. You can even change the Pokemon in there. If Tauros is Rare, I'm going to make it the only Pokemon that appears. ;p Kurt looks cooler with his updated artwork. It seems the Pokethlon is the new "Contests" for this game. Which sucks because it makes me want to hate it even more. :F I wonder what the Frontier Front could be...

dmaster out.

Pokethlon could just be like minigames from FR/LG. Johto has contests according to the anime. I've also heard the Pokethlon building has contests.

This game is amazing. Though I already had the idea of a customizable location, a place where you could create your own town and choose wild pokemon based on your biome. I hope Nintendo does my idea justice.

It sounds like they're replacing the Contests though. I haven't heard any news on the Contests in these Johto remakes...Besides, the Apricorns are replacing the Poffin. :F All signs point to the game replacing Contests...

dmaster out.

You know, the image IS a placeholder, since the screenshot we saw of the Frontier Front looks nothing like Platinum's Frontier.

Will there be event givaways through the battle frontier like with Platinum or is it Wi-Fi only for us? I am wondering because I know they were going to do this but I am not sure if they went though with it though.:)

d master342 said:
It sounds like they're replacing the Contests though. I haven't heard any news on the Contests in these Johto remakes...Besides, the Apricorns are replacing the Poffin. :F All signs point to the game replacing Contests...

dmaster out.

Good, I never cared for the contests.

Back