(1) 'Collection X' and 'Collection Y' Leaking, Scans and Translations! [12/11]

everydayspark said:
The card I want to use the most is greninja! 4 fighting frogs on the field. 220 damage for one energy. abilities, attack, muscle band, laserbank (yes, yes, I know the cost and probability)

Other interesting pokemon is trevenant, delphox, gourgeist, mega venusaur, mega blastoise and maybe malamar.

They ruined rhyperior ;(

I am trying to figure out a strategy with xerneas in leading role but I don't have any ideas. I like that deer so much!

Discard four Energy for 120, LaserBank brings it to 150, attacking makes it 200, add in Muscle Band for 220.
That would be EXTREMELY situational, albeit possible nonetheless.

However, I do have plans for Xerneas-EX. Currently writing up a draft decklist to post on the Decklist Help pages.

So the support we get for Fairy types is Aromatisse (Hydreigon for Fairy, but stage 1) and Slurpuff (Virizion EX for Fairy, but stage 1). Interesting, but i wanted something like Dark Patch for Fairy types. Also, all 6 full arts look nice, especially Yveltal, Xerneas and Blastoise.

ALL RIGHT A NEW SET!!!

Though to be completely honest, aside from trainers, it seems like the most playable cards were already revealed (Delphox, Greninja, Yveltal, Xerneas). The exceptions,

Raichu: Can do up to 100 damage for a DCE. Should be the ideal counter to Yveltal.
Trevenant: A stage one Gothitelle with a better attack. You could also troll your opponent with Phantump and Celebi EX.
Conkeldurr: It's a stage 2, but you can KO a Darkrai for one energy.
Zoroark: It's nothing special, but it's decent I suppose.
Slurpuff: Virizion EX for Fairy Pokemon but on a stage 1.
Diggersby: A stage one, but it's a colorless sableye. Should find some use.
Voltorb: For those playing decks with Electrode, you have a Voltorb that actually does something (and is a lot more interesting than the Electrode of the same set).
Gourgeist: If the translation is correct, you can use this + laser to get an easy KO. Erie singing voice is not a bad attack either (gets around Mr Mime).
Dugtrio: Kills Darkrai if it has a Silver Bangle.
Inkay/Malamar: Can pull off some evil hand disruption. Though I wonder if Inkay can evolve right after it attacks and confuses or does it need to wait a turn.
Aromatisse: If slurpuff doesn't make fairy a viable deck type, this should.

The trainers are what I find to be the most interesting.

Team Flare Grunt might actually make Magnezone (PLS) a viable deck.
Muscle Band and Heavy Charm make Dark Claw and Eviolite obsolite.
Also nice to see item versions of supporters. Red card is a one sided N for your opponent. Roller Skates is Cheren on a flip. Professors letter is a weaker Cilian, but stronger since it doesn't take your supporter slot. Don't know how good these will be, but they definately have potential.

Overall, neat set, but a lot of filler and lot of flippy cards. I'll post more when I get my thoughts together.

Ooh yay. All the new cards are revealed. Let's see here... Aha! I totally called it! Fairies have so much support with Slurpuff and Aromatisse! Those cards are just plain evil. Even a terrible card like Xerneas might be playable with these 2. Once an actually good Fairy type comes out, these 2 will be so good.

Gourgeist seems like a good card. Constantly spread 20 with Eerie Singing Voice, and if necessary, Soul Scream can do tons of damage. Pair this with Dusknoir, and we may have a really fun deck on our hands.

I really want to try out a disruption deck with Malamar. Does Fliptini work with Brain Trash? Fliptini says you can reflip coins, but it doesn't say anything about your opponent reflipping them. You can use Sableye with Crushing Hammer to disrupt while your opponent has no hand, and you can KO their Pokemon with either Darkrai, Absol, or Zoroark DEX.

That Voltorb seems funny. I could see people playing some just to stick it in the active while they set up. Then their opponent's have to either waste Escape Ropes/Catchers/Plasma Energy to go around it, or risk taking 50 damage.

Furfrou seems like it might actually be decent. It's basically like Bouffalant, accept it's attack can discard Energy. Plenty of decks get disrupted by having their Energy discarded, and it does some pretty solid damage.

Max Revive confuses me. That card has to have been mistranslated. It's just Super Rod, but 10 times worse. They double Energy Searches power, but cripple Super Rods? I don't understand this set.

Lastly, Xerneas and Yveltal FA... Ooooooooooh so pretty.

If we get an English print of Imakuni, assuming you go second you can Imakuni an Inkay into Malamar t1, play Red Card, and Brain Trash them down to 2 cards on average and 0 cards with some luck.

Paired with Hypnotoxic Laser, Gourgeist looks like a good game finisher, à la Gagaga Cowboy. If I was still playing this game, I'd totally use Gourgeist. I wish they would have incorporated its different sizes, but whaddayagonnado?

Four Arms said:
I really want to try out a disruption deck with Malamar. Does Fliptini work with Brain Trash? Fliptini says you can reflip coins, but it doesn't say anything about your opponent reflipping them. You can use Sableye with Crushing Hammer to disrupt while your opponent has no hand, and you can KO their Pokemon with either Darkrai, Absol, or Zoroark DEX.

I hope that gets sorted out. I still think the card would be viable without Fliptini, but Fliptini would really really help.

Trevenant art screams "walkin' into the club like 'what up I got a big block'".

Him, Gourgeist, Dusknoir, especially with catcher nerf, and evolutionary soda, and all one energy type, yummy yummy.
My poor flygons will be avenged, their dream must be realized.

ALSO, Skarmory might work in my Klang deck, although that BW klang rotate still stings and I'm not sure how viable his discard item attack is because I'm mostly prepared to just troll plasma decks but those nasty garbodors, although catcher was nerfed so that's still not very good either...

ANYWAY as soon as this set releases here in good ol' 'Murica I'm getting a box, now only to decide what new color of sleeves to get next, Id like to put japanese green on the shelf and flaunt something new.

Does Gourgeist put itself down to 10 hp because it saids both active pokemon. Does that count gourgeist and the opponents active pokemon or just the opponents active pokemon?

Just wanted to point out that Arbok should read "Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Poisoned." どく (doku) means poison. And also Poison Jab confusing would be silly. =P

––

New set looks really cool, though. Loving the new holo. I'm especially excited for Heavy Charm, because Eviolite made Big Basics even better. And now that every Pokémon can get that 20 damage reduction, this just gives us more reasons (along with Evo Soda) to use evolutions and usher us out of the EX era.

As soon as Fairies get more attackers, we might see some very fun decks running around. I find it interesting that we got a Fairy engine before attackers, though.

I'm really looking forward to using Malamar. I love the strategies already proposed here, and, if we do get Imakuni, this would be hilarious.

pokedan24 said:
Gourgeist: If the translation is correct, you can use this + laser to get an easy KO
Oh sweet jesus.

Yveltal EX is going to be awesome. It's literally Mewtwo EX for dark decks. Yay for dark support. (like we needed more of that…)

Of course, I'm also looking forward to Gourgeist, Trevenant, all these new delicious trainers, and Rainbow Energy.

I can't wait to see what this'll to the competitive scene.

Gourgiest is a better version of raticate.
》100 hp
》Good Other attack
》Psychic type

I can't believe they managed to make Imakuni almost relevant...

So Blade Forme Aegislash's attack effect is pointless... Lol. (Lightning doesn't resist Metal...) < Was actually wrong there, missed that Pikachu/Raichu do resist it, was looking at Voltorb/Electrode.

No Dragons is... Concerning, but may not necessarily mean anything.

I wish Rhydon's second attack did some damage... Even if it was like 60 for 4, it'd be a fun thing to try... But with no damage, you completely waste a turn and 4 energy if you get double-tails. I realize it can be mega-powerful, however, especially factoring in fliptini and Celebi EX.

Wow, you sure Max Revive is a worse Super Rod? It doesn't add the Pokemon to hand?

Rhydon, Inkay/Malamar and Cassius are the only cards we didn't already know that particularly excite me. Maybe Gourgeist, Trevenant and Beedrill (it sucks, but I am so totally going to try it anyway) too. Glad Red Card, Furfrou, Super Potion, Professor's Letter, and Aromatisse exist, but they're not that exciting.

And I love how Simisage has Torment. It's like they know we're sick of monkeys...

Could be valuable in the end game, where you only need one more prize to win, and the other player needs 2+.

Am I the only one that noticed Malamar's attack says "Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Asleep. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Confused." Yes? OK. Pretty sure that second one's supposed to say tails.

TokenDuelist said:
> Bisharp
> Hitoshi Ariga

One of my favorite Pokemon
One of my favorite artists.

This is a must have.

SAME <3

Hitoshi Ariga is one of my inspirations omg ;_;

MountainDrew said:
Does Gourgeist put itself down to 10 hp because it saids both active pokemon. Does that count gourgeist and the opponents active pokemon or just the opponents active pokemon?

picard-facepalm.jpg

Back