(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

I'm hoping that Farfetch'd turns Mega, and into a Flying-Fighting (or vice versa) types, and since Korrina will obviously be a Fighting type Gym Leader, there may be a itsy bit of chance for this to happen :')

Plus, Korrina also follows my speculation of Gym Leaders being named by fruits/plants

Viola, a plant (but it can also be named after the butterfly)
Clemont, which has "lemon" in it
Grant, that can be named after Pomegranate, which is the literal translation of Zakuro; and, finally,
Korrina, which can be named after the Cornelian Cherry

Now, this is just a speculation/obsession that I have, and I went out of topic xD

Which pokemon would you like to see Mega'd? I would be happy to see Torterra, Blastoise, Electivire, Togekiss, Yanmega and Froslass.

Yeah, I highly doubt that they would make this region exclusive. If they ever re-made the Hoenn region games like Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire then you'd probably be able too. They would be making a terrible mistake not putting the Mega Evolutions into it. That's like them having it so there's only Pokemon from 1-3 Generations in the game like it was originally, why would they allow 1-6 Generation Pokemon to be in the re-make but not the other forms of the Pokemon? That would be stupid.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Genesect will have a mega evolution and we've already seen it.

Neil said:
CMP said:
Judging on the color behind her art on the official site, and the look of her gym badge in the VS screenshot, I'm gonna call her a Fighting GL.

You beat me to it, I was also going to say that Korrina is a fighting type Gym Leader for the same reasons. Which there's two Mega Pokemon so far that are of the fighting type so i'm expecting to see her with MegaBlaziken and MegaLucario. Maybe a MegaMienshao cause from the look of her hat..? Maybe that's pointing towards that.

I'm new btw.
I highly doubt they'll give her a non-kalos starter for her pre-national team.

If she is a fighting gym leader, than according to WPM's source, she's the 4th gym leader.

Sky Pillar said:
Neil said:
You beat me to it, I was also going to say that Korrina is a fighting type Gym Leader for the same reasons. Which there's two Mega Pokemon so far that are of the fighting type so i'm expecting to see her with MegaBlaziken and MegaLucario. Maybe a MegaMienshao cause from the look of her hat..? Maybe that's pointing towards that.

I'm new btw.

If she is a fighting gym leader, than according to WPM's source, she's the 4th gym leader.

If it will be given to us, why not to her? perhaps it may be part of the Regional Pokedex. But then again this is just plain opinion.

Im warming up more to the Megas. I was indifferent about them at first, shocked more than anything because its such a big change to the franchise. But im going to go ahead and welcome them. Imagine how hyped the younger fanbase must be about it. :p If they see us bigger kids constantly down it, they're going to want to follow, and thats the kind of junk that causes the downfall of Pokemon.

I really like Mega Blaziken though, and I didn't even care for normal Blaziken. The colors are very nice and it just looks so much more badass. I noticed how they didn't include Mega Ampharos, Absol, or Mawile on the website though. I have a huge feeling that Mega Absol is going to be Dark/Fairy. Those wings just look very fairy-like and honestly I think that combo sounds pretty awesome so I'm looking forward to it. Mega Lucario looks pretty overdesigned to me... it has some really nice traits (new mask, spikes, red coloration, more fur) but the way they are placed is what bothers me (the irregular patterns and weird head rope things.) The one thing Im mainly disappointed about though is the name Mega, I was hoping it was going to be translated to Awakened instead, but whatever. No huge deal.

Mega Ampharos still looks silly with the hair, but I love the tail and minor body changes aside from that. Absol is alright, although I wish they defined the horn more as opposed to taking away from it and making it look less cool. It would have been awesome if it was made to be more scythe-like, I could also see Absol going as a Dark/Steel. And Mawile is okay, nothing particularly outstanding aside from the extra plant. I think Fairy fits Mawile nicely because Mawile was always kind of just one of those Pokemon that didn't fit in any type, even the one it was classified as.

Skiddo is cute and we all saw it coming, and I think its really interesting that its said to be the first Pokemon to live alongside humans. Im loving Bunnelby even though we've already had a ton of rabbit Pokemon, but we haven't had a genuine jack rabbit yet. BUNNELBY X BUNEARY ANYONE?
And finally, Dedenne is adorable despite it practically being Raichu's adopted son. I do not care for the name though, I find that every new electric mouse we get has an unfitting name (Pachirisu, Emolga, and now Dedenne.) The only thing im confused on is, is it a hamster or a gerbil? It has the body of a hamster but then it has the long tail...

Equinox said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Genesect will have a mega evolution and we've already seen it.

I kinda doubt that the speed transformation flying saucer thing he does in the movie is anything more than just a show thing for the kids.

shinysearcher said:
Sky Pillar said:

If it will be given to us, why not to her? perhaps it may be part of the Regional Pokedex. But then again this is just plain opinion.

They gave us the 3 legendary beasts during unova's initial release. Those aren't in the regional dex.

Hoo boy I can sense plenty of jimmies will be rustled during these last few weeks. Anyway, here's the Tower of Mastery!

M7VIFBO.jpg

And here's a leaked image of Electrode's Mega evolution! I put it in a spoiler for obvious purposes!

SugimoriMasterBall.png

I doubt all fully evolved Pokemon will get megavolutions since that just prevents them from evolving in future gens. That would be like what, about 300, which seems like a ridiculous amount of work plus the Kalos pokemon.

FT10 said:
Equinox said:

I'm intrigued...please explain.
The UFO, perhaps?

Rusty Sticks said:
And here's a leaked image of Electrode's Mega evolution! I put it in a spoiler for obvious purposes!

SugimoriMasterBall.png

My face hurts now from my palm hitting it.

GlaceonFanatic said:
OMG WE CAN JUMP LEDGES

tumblr_mr9p2nJHQz1r0s2nko1_400.jpg

How long has it been since we could jump over the ledges?
R/S/E?

... Now we don't have to choose between bikes anymore! Which was a pain if you were trying to get to Rayqauza.

TomoEGoto said:
R/S/E?

... Now we don't have to choose between bikes anymore! Which was a pain if you were trying to get to Rayqauza.

1. You've never been able to jump ledges.

2. Rollerskates and the standard bike take the place of bike "speeds"

Rusty Sticks said:
TomoEGoto said:
R/S/E?

Now we can jump back over ledges? praise this game

Rusty Sticks said:
TomoEGoto said:
R/S/E?

2ilygy8.jpg

Yeah, but how often can we even use the rideable Pokemon to do things like this? It's not really convenient.

I was already warming up to the mega evolutions, but after the video along with the information, I've warmed up to them even more. Oh, and I still like Dedenne,Skiddo,and Bunnelby.

Calling it right now, one of the pokemon that's gonna be in the next SSB game will either be lucario again or mewtwo again, and for their final smash they change into their mega form and go absoluate apeshit on the field.

Yes I mean the UFO forme. They wouldn't just throw that into one movie, only to never be seen again? I mean there have been "special forms" in the past (pink Pokemon, Crystal Onyx), but I don't think they'd just ditch that speed forme over one movie.

Momaster12 said:
I think the video made me change my mind. In-game these look a LOT better. I'd still prefer them not to be there but I'll get over it.
Also, I know someone probably said this before but this pretty much confirms R/S remakes. Which goes along with this question. If we do get remakes, will we be able to use Mega Pokémon? It was stated that these evolutions are only found in the Kalos Region. Could this also mean that we can find Mega Pokémon in the wild?

Hahaha oh... wait how did you figure a connection to remakes in all this?

Because of Speed Boost Torchic with Blazikenite distribution?
If yes, that's probably more of a hint against Hoenn-based games being next than it is a hint for those.
I mean if they dsitributed MegaFeraligatr, MegaTorterra and MegaSamurott...THAT would be a hint since they would obviously be saving Hoenn starters to be available in regular gameplay of such games. But no, they're started with only one from Hoenn specifically.

Back