(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

Bogleech said:
I hope it turns out to be well balanced...not a huge advantage, but fun. I'm a little iffy on them saying Kangaskhan can use the same move twice in a row...that seems rather absurdly overpowered.

I think most, if not all of the mega pokemon are already OP... I mean, Lucario with Adaptability and Mawile with that Steel/Fairy typing... The competitive field is going to change DRASTICALLY.

Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed with Mewtwo. Back in April or whatever when this form leaked and everyone was hoping it wasn't true, I was soo excited and was all for it... as long as it wasn't an evolution. So here, we were to believe all this time that Mega Mewtwo was actually a new form, and four months later they reveal Mega Evolutions. And Mewtwo has one. For me, it's kinda depressing, and it doesn't even make sense because Mewtwo must be the only pokemon that shrinks when it evolves.

Yes, I'm fully aware that it's only during battle, but if it wasn't a form of evolution then they wouldn't give it that title. I'm just really hoping they still make proper evolutions this generation rather than just a bunch of megas. And if they DON'T, then I better get Mega Charizard, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Samurott.

Don't get me wrong though, I am so flipping excited for this mechanic and the games in general. October won't come to me soon enough...

I really wonder how big of a turn competitive Pokémon will be with mega-evolution. The new mechanic will be very interesting upon release.

Michael said:
I really wonder how big of a turn competitive Pokémon will be with mega-evolution. The new mechanic will be very interesting upon release.

That and Fairy-type.

KidKaffeine said:
i'm not very happy with the mega mawhile, mainly because i wish it was just a regular evolution for mawhile

Agreed.

Fairy type will definitely shift competitive play. I know a lot of people like dragon types being weak against it.

Absol & Mawile having Mega Evolutions just confirms that not every single staged Pokemon needs an pre-evolution nor an evolution and I'm happy with that. Those two are at their pull potential already but reach higher than that due to their exclusive mega stone.

Absol was always one of my favorite Pokemon. It'll be nice to see a boost in power for it.

I am not a huge fan of pre-evolutions and evolutions to already existing single-stage Pokémon. Mega-evolution seems to bring them up to higher potential as it is.

Mawile gets it's DEF and SP.DEF sharply risen during mega evolution and due to to having Mega Power as it's ability upon doing so along with being Steel/Fairy I need it on my team. It looks great in 3D!

jdivinity said:
Mawile gets it's DEF and SP.DEF sharply risen during mega evolution and due to to having Mega Power as it's ability upon doing so along with being Steel/Fairy I need it on my team. It looks great in 3D!

No intention of sounding rude, but it's actually "Huge Power."

Jakeremix said:
For me, it's kinda depressing, and it doesn't even make sense because Mewtwo must be the only pokemon that shrinks when it evolves.

Porygon -> Porygon2
Haunter -> Gengar
Dragonair -> Dragonite
I think there's more but I don't remember...

Anyway, my point is, just because it gets smaller, it doesn't mean anything. Size does not equal Power.
To give an example: Mewtwo is considered to look similar to Freeza from DBZ. Well, Freeza's true final form is smaller, yet the most powerful...

But I agree with what you said about them making more cross-gen evos and not just a bunch of Megas...

-------------------------

As Mega Mawile has Huge Power, I wasn't expecting an Attack boost. They obviously went for its defenses as the ability already takes care of the offensive power...

If Korrina is a FIGHTING type gym leader, then she probably has PANGORO in her team.
And if she'd be a master with MEGA Pokemons, then there is a chance with a MEGA PANGORO.
Just a thought. :))

Metalizard said:
Jakeremix said:
For me, it's kinda depressing, and it doesn't even make sense because Mewtwo must be the only pokemon that shrinks when it evolves.

Porygon -> Porygon2
Haunter -> Gengar
Dragonair -> Dragonite
I think there's more but I don't remember...

Anyway, my point is, just because it gets smaller, it doesn't mean anything. Size does not equal Power.
To give an example: Mewtwo is considered to look similar to Freeza from DBZ. Well, Freeza's true final form is smaller, yet the most powerful...

But I agree with what you said about them making more cross-gen evos and not just a bunch of Megas...

-------------------------

As Mega Mawile has Huge Power, I wasn't expecting an Attack boost. They obviously went for its defenses as the ability already takes care of the offensive power...

the only one off hand I can think of is Trapinch to Vibrava, and surskit to Masquerain me thinks

ashfairy said:
If Korrina is a FIGHTING type gym leader, then she probably has PANGORO in her team.
And if she'd be a master with MEGA Pokemons, then there is a chance with a MEGA PANGORO.

She probably won't have actual megas on her team, just like info.

If she is in fact the fighting gym leader but Im not so sure.

Do you think any more info will be released in this issue or Is the big thing just mega pokemon

aur said:
Do you think any more info will be released in this issue or Is the big thing just mega pokemon

I think there might be a few more key elements pokemon has not revealed. After all on Pokemon's X and Y website, there is one more spot that has "???" It could however be a "buy now button"

ashfairy said:

Mega Pangoro would be soooo awesome! Let's hope for it!

Mega Mawile gets increased Def and Sp.Def along with double attack from Huge Power, and it can now destroy Dragons with Fairy type.

Oh god. Im scared.

When I saw Huge Power, I was like "what the hell? Sounds like a rushed fix or something..", but realizing, it has TWO mouths instead of one all of a sudden, it actually makes perfect sense its Attack would double.

Wait a minute... tell me if I'm late or imagining things or something but I've been thinking after reading Mega Mawile's description on the official site.
It says "Mega Mawile's Defense and Sp. Defense sharply raises". That's the same phrase used when a pokémon uses a boosting move like Swords Dance.

So my thought is: What if the Mega Evolutions don't actually change the Pokémon's base stats? What if what it actually does is giving them instant stat boosts when they Mega Evolve as if they set upped? The way it says in Mega Mawile's description makes it sound like it gains something like an instant double Cosmic Power when it Mega Evolves, but its defensive base stats are the same. If that's the case, then it means those boosts can probably be circumvented through some means like using a Pokémon with Unware or using stat-lowering moves...
I know similar things like Meloetta Pirouette and Darmanitan Zen Mode do change their base stats during battle but since Mega Evos only appear in battle and seem to only boost specific stats, what I'm saying here may actually be true... which honestly is pretty disappointing to me...

Did anybody else already thought of this and I'm just slow or what?

Back