(1) DS's Successor Apparently Sent to the Pokemon Company [2/16]

Juliacoolo said:
The games will hopefully all be on Micro SD's.

I wonder if they would go to smaller cartridges, because that may make it difficult for the young and old to insert games into the DS2

I just hope they don't end up churning out some 3rd rate Spin-off game to start with like they did with the DS...

As they previously stated it will be for the DS and it will be a RPG a posibility could be that when playing in the DS sucessor it will unlock special things more graphics, it could possibly be anything, Nintendo is preparing a great game

Water Pokémon Master said:
Oh well, let's just count it as false just because YOU've never heard of it.

Ha Good Come Back WPM!;)

kriffix said:
No, what I mean is when they make a 3rd game to go with the upcoming 2 games (like the relationship that Red and Blue have to Yellow)
They may well use the DS2 for that.
The "3rd" game is always a couple of years after the release of the first two.

Regardless, the 5th Gen's initial two games are in fact on DS, not DS2.

Yup

No offense, but GoNintendo is not a very reliable source. That site is full of crazy people. I'm sure that Game Freak will be one of the first to get their hands on the hardware since they are part of Nintendo. That's a no brainer. :p

I have a feeling that is where the 5th gen games will be too. Also I think the DS2 will be called either the DS Motion or Th DS Sensor since it will have a motion sensor on the System. I think it will be the DS Motion most likely though.:)

As long as it has a back-play feature I'll be happy. ^^ It was such a pain to have to buy an entire new system (gbc-gba) just to get new games. And then you had to drag around two systems.
Which is why I loved the DS! Come on nintendo! Keep the ball up with the back-play!
I'm actually hoping the main pokemon games keep the same feel to them. Though when it comes to the secondary games, BRING ON THE MAJOR 3D!!! <3

I wonder if the remakes for Ruby & Sapphire will be released on this new system in like 2012 or something.

kriffix said:
However, the sequel to the upcoming 5thGen games...
I.e (Red+blue=Yellow)(Diamond+pearl=Platinum)
would make total sense to be on DS2. It'll be incentive to buy the console too!
A little correction there...
Pokemon Red and Green are suposed to be the main games of the first generation with Pokemon Blue as their sequel. Pokemon Yellow was just a 'bonus' game, to call it like that, and was later added. The only problem is that Nintendo of the US took Red and Blue (and updated Red so it was equal to the graphics of Blue) and released them here at the same time. Since we've never seen Pokemon Green alot of people tend to think Red and Blue were the main games, but Blue isn't.

Loki said:
I wonder if the remakes for Ruby & Sapphire will be released on this new system in like 2012 or something.
I wonder when they'll stop making sequels... I find Ruby and Saphire still good looking and decent games, and even though they're pretty old I don't think they need a remake soon. For me, the graphics are still fine.

I honestly am not looking toward the "DS2" because like stated before I don't want the graphics to ruin the game but updated graphics still sound nice, and I don't want it to be like the DSi because I want to still play my DS and possibly my GBA games in it, the same way it was a downer when my pokemon yellow didn't play in my DS :(

If the DS2 is anything similar to the DS, then I'm sure DS games will be compatible, just like how Game Boy Advance games were compatible with the DS and how Game Boy Color games were compatible with the Game Boy Advance.

If the DS2 is compatible with DS games, then the DS2 will need 2 screens to play the games.

I'm pretty sure that Nintendo will decide to keep two screens, perhaps make them like the DSi XL's screen size? I highly doubt they're going to go back to having one screen only.

Loki said:
I'm pretty sure that Nintendo will decide to keep two screens, perhaps make them like the DSi XL's screen size? I highly doubt they're going to go back to having one screen only.

One way to go back to one screen, is for it to act like 2 screens for certain games.

at least they are finally coming out with a new system! they've redone the ds twice now! i cant wait to see the new pokemon list for the V Gen game :) the two guys that have been released look awesome! I'm hoping that for the new system we'll still be able to play ds games in it cuz then thats going to be a pain in the butt to carry around two systems and buy all new games

You know a remake of Super Mario World would be nice for the new Nintendo handheld. Haha kinda random

theatrebabe said:
at least they are finally coming out with a new system! they've redone the ds twice now! i cant wait to see the new pokemon list for the V Gen game :) the two guys that have been released look awesome! I'm hoping that for the new system we'll still be able to play ds games in it cuz then thats going to be a pain in the butt to carry around two systems and buy all new games

Actually it's just another DS upgrade isn't it?

Back