(1) English Platinum Names [3/17]

Griseous Orb... That's awesome, but why such a dramatic change? Fan Rotom, fine, Mow Rotom, fine... Knew they couldn't just leave those be. :/

Pretty cool. The Rotom name changes aren't that huge a deal, I don't think. I am looking forward to Sunday. I have a quick question, though: Will Platinum be the same price as Diamond and Pearl? (That is, about $35)? I went to the Toys R us site and that's what it said, but I have been getting conflicting reports. Anyone?

Zach

I hate the new Orb name. Griseous. Yuck. :(

I liked the old Rotom names, Mow and the other. Although, I am so happy the game is coming out Sunday.

EDIT: Forum Shark, the game costs $5 to preorder and $30 to buy the game on Sunday.

Mow and Fan Rotom are cool. Cut is too foreign, but I thought Spin was ok.

Griseous Orb. Terrible name. Probably one of the worst. I don't care about my vocabulary, I care about easy and simple names. Platinum was a great name, why change it?

Charon and Looker. I still hate Looker with a passion. Pluto was easier to say and remember for me.

Hall Matron Argenta is allright. Kate was easier to say though. They'll probably have all individual names. :[

dmaster out.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Castle Valet Darach.

Well, I like that one better than the Japanese version, so that's cool.

Hopefully I'll be able to face the Frontier Brains this time around. In Emerald, I never made it to any of them. :/

I don't like the name ether of the orb, I think I liked it better in Japanese. The Rotom names are pretty much the same name as we would look at them and call them.

I don't really care about the name changes, as soon as i figure out how to pronounce Grieous Orb I will probaly like it more.
However Pokemon can be like fine Anime, you have not tryed till you have watched it in Japanese with Subs(Opposed to Dubs).

P.S. FYI Sweet Dawn Berlitz you might get shunned because your advertising an American cartoon on a Pokemon site(Which is Japanese Anime):/.

LoneTyranitar said:
I don't really care about the name changes, as soon as I figure out how to pronounce Grieous Orb I will probaly like it more.
However Pokemon can be like fine Anime, you have not tryed till you have watched it in Japanese with Subs(Opposed to Dubs).

P.S. FYI Sweet Dawn Berlitz you might get shunned because your advertising an American cartoon on a Pokemon site(Which is Japanese Anime):/.

Ah, the magic of dictionaries: grĭz'ē-əs

Griseous...hmmmm. It reminds me of the disgusting piece of fat that I sometimes get in meat. Eeww. I liked Stage Madonna a lot more than Hall Matron, and Castle Butler much more than Castle Valet. So far, the English changes are downers for me. Oh well. I still really want that game.

Interesting names and cool too.:)

Oh, and for people saying we took the names from SPP (the first two Brains), I suggest you look at the time stamps of the posts here and when he posted his. We had our's a good 10 minutes before him.

Still working on the other two though...

I know this is slightly off topic but they said you needed Platinum to do video game tournaments. Now I have never done one but do any of you know where they are in Ohio? Second what pokemon are banned from them?

Castle Valet Darach is better than the Japan name, although I liked Butler better. ;[ Valet just parks the cars.

dmaster out.

Name changes aren't too bad. :/

I'll be getting that game in a week and a half for $9.99. Hooray for Canada! xD

Platinum for $9.99? Where are you in Canada? I am Canadian (proud of it, too) and can't find those kinds of deals. Tell me your secrets!

Back