(1) First Sixth Generation Pokemon Revealed: Pikaleaf! [8/5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
See if this was in USA, everyone would be sueing each other by now.... -_-"
I think it's kind of nice that TPC is letting them use Pika-like eco friend to promote rycycling! But i'll understand if they do take him away.

Naomichi said:
y1GZX.png

Who want to catch it?
Aw!!! x3 That's so cute!!!!

This is my theory based by the years the games are released in japan
1.Pokémon Black and White (2010)
2.Pokémon Gray
(2012)
3.Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes (2013)
4.Sixth Generation Games
As for Ecoha-chan (Pikaleaf) I think TPC will let them keep it as a way to kind of promote recycling if they do use it for the games I think it needs a little fixing up it look's pretty plain to me.

I also think that Ecoha-chan (Pikaleaf) greatly resembles Pichu not Pikachu in my opinion.

Lugia ex said:
Is this real? Where did you find the picture?
It's fan-made.

It would be interesting to see whether or not the TPC will allow the city to use Echoha-chan (the Pikachu/Pichu look-alike) to promote their environmental programs.

I will catch Pikaleaf in the sixth-generation game, except I think they're doing an emerald remake first.
Oh yeah, and they have to make Grey Version first, too. :headbang

After first seeing the thread title I thought oh great I already have to update my statdex again. After actually reading the story though, I don't believe the image will be allowed sue to it being a very close look alike to copyrighted material.

I agree. This whole thing is funny. I was never fooled by it at all. :p
They've already proved that they like to be eco-friendly by introducing Recycle in the first place. They don't need an ugly, fan-made copy of Pikachu to be an official design when they've got Sugimori and a team of designers on their side. I personally think it should be ignored.
And as for the fake sprite, I'm sure that they've just recoloured Pichu and added some leaves.

i think its cool. since pokemon is popular among a lot of people everywhere, it would encourage people to start recycling and to take better care of our already famished planet. we need to prevent the use of earth's resources as long as we can until they have a chance to renew, and the mascot Pikaleaf really shows pokemon's support to help the environment. so it isn't a rip-off, it is knowledge.

Title is misleading...I don't like misleading things. :[
Everyone wait as pika leaf dominates competitive play. Remember what surfing pikachu did? He aint got nothing on this guy.

It is a bait-and-switch. I mean, the fact that it looks a lot like a Pikachu/Pichu is obvious, but when you read the article, you find that it's just a coincidence and that when the city made it, they had nothing to do with the Pokemon Company. But since it was used to promote saving the earth, they will let it go. However, it would be cool if The Pokemon Company made a promo for it :D .

FIRST POST EVER (yay)

I agree with dmaster.There is one person who put pictures of starters and the fire starter looks way to much like tepig and the water starter looks too much like deerling an the grass starter look like magby.

I saw this and thought: OMG sixth gen. already? Then I read the article, and thought of this:
Pikaleaf's Ability: LightningRod (To go with the Theme of Recollecting Energy?)
Pikaleaf's Event Moveset:
Recycle
Razor Leaf
ThunderShock
Charge

xxashxx said:
That photo sure looks like a Pichu. Are they going to remake the 3rd gen games before they start the 6th gen? I am curious because they have not mentioned them and 6th gen is just now starting and we are not even done with 5th gen yet XD.:)

Lugia ex said:
Is this real? Where did you find the picture?

PokeStaraptor said:
I will catch Pikaleaf in the sixth-generation game, except I think they're doing an emerald remake first.
Oh yeah, and they have to make Grey Version first, too. :headbang

/me thinks these people didn't even read the article. Real smooth, bros.

Pikaleaf diserves to die should not have been made. But yay, the earth should be recycling.

I can see it now...エコチュウ.

I frequent the Anime News Network, so I found it interesting that it'd show up here too. It could be that these guys behind Ecoha knew how to stretch the design from Pikachu (or Pichu) just far enough that they can't be sued by Nintendo. The red cheeks are a dead giveaway though.

If anyone is interested, here is the original artwork for Ecoha. The artist claims that this was drawn before the costume was made, though whether you trust his word or not is up to you.

Please, don't revive threads that are older than 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back