(1) HGSS Promos Hoothoot and Noctowl [2/3]

Ooo oo first post!!

Anyways, I think I may actually get this. Why? That noctowl ya see der? Its a cheap version of the Alth Lithograph or whatever. Look at your opponents hand EVERY turn. No longer will Gengar become a gamble, and it can do this EVERY turn! I am definitely buying me one of these.

It's great to see this card is making it over here so quickly, I was expecting it to be thrown into our next set.

Having it out sort of makes me want to revive my Gengar build!

masterryanx said:
It's great to see this card is making it over here so quickly

I agree, That is a short time since they were released in Japan as 025/L-P &
026/L-P

Alph Lithograph just got OWNED!

...Well, not really. Alph Lithograph is way cooler, so...

nevermind Gengar. Now I can know when to use Lugia Legends Pokepower. If they powerspray Noctowl then I better hope they don't have another one LOL.

It wasn't promo tuesday! Anyway, Gengar deck are gonna kill even more then they usually do :(

Gengar already has Cursegar to actually do damage, this card does nothing to improve it, SFGar sees less play anyway and if it does then not for Poltergeist.
Also setting up Noctowl to look at your opponents hand doesnt change the fact that no one would keep trainers in their hand against GGar anyway, in the end you look at your opponents hand, see he doesnt have trainers, and still cant do anything about it. Instead of noctowl you could also build up something that cna actually attack.

Yoshi said:
Gengar already has Cursegar to actually do damage, this card does nothing to improve it, SFGar sees less play anyway and if it does then not for Poltergeist.

Cursegar doesn't have fainting spell. SF gengar is the only one that sees any play competitively. Every power and attack it has is absolutely golden. None of the others even compare.

PokeChamp said:
Leaning ever so slightly towards Luxchomp, but otherwise undecided. I, of course, have more things planned up my sleeve, but those are secrets. :D

There is always the plausibility that I'll use Jumpluff. I wrote an article about Beedrill and it won worlds; I wrote an article about Glistomb and it stole first place from me. Whatever I write about typically does well, so I might as well get in on the success. xD

Cursegar sucks. Its damage output is miserable, and a teeny tiny little spread from its attack is not worth the 2 psychic and 1 colorless.

If your opponent has no trainers after looking at the hand, thats perfectly fine. Because now you can use shadow room knowing you didn't miss out on some BIG damage. Because getting 0 on Poltergeist is no longer a problem, because you know EXACTLY what your going to get with it, so it makes it a much more useful card. This will bring Gengar decks back into play.

*runs to target*
"I know what I am playing for pods!"

well like many said before. litho just got owned. but can someone tell me if they are for sale??? the person who gave WPM the tip was from WI and so am i so im wondering. HGSS packs before release.......(just the thought kills me)

These are cool, but I doubt I'll be able to pick them up soon. Some things still aren't there. >__> Anyway, I like the Noctowl, but I still think the Alph card and Looker's is better than setting up another line just for a free look. Gengar isn't that good anyway. :F I'll pick them up whenever I think they're there however.

dmaster out.

Back