(1) High-Quality Video of 'X' and 'Y' Demo [8/22]

Aaaaand someone found a shiny Flabébé.
kcesUqm.jpg

That video... it made me infinitly more glad I've preordered both games and already paid them off... now I seriously can't wait (and I'm normally inhumanly patient about anything related to games, unless there's a game mechanic I can legally abuse, like RNG abuse/Minecraft exp grinders/etc.)

Blob55 said:
So is PokéAmi the Pokénav/tch/Gear ect... equivalent of XY? I hope it is, because I don't want to have to buy it through the E-Shop.
They already said the will NOT be DLC* in X&Y. You can relax now.

(*=wifi distributions/event pokemon/event items don't count :p)

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
kcesUqm.jpg

KInda underwhelming also if that were me i would rage so bad! Plus 3rd confirmed shiny woot!!!!

zappy800 said:
TheAmazingDerpfish said:
kcesUqm.jpg

KInda underwhelming also if that were me i would rage so bad! Plus 3rd confirmed shiny woot!!!!

WAIT! Is the shiny form different with every flower? And imagine if the flower does end up merging with it when it evolves. That means every different form will have 2 forms available. If so, o my god I'm going to need a shiny of each. There go my school grades.

Well...
That shiny Flabebe is actually the /4th Kalos shiny/.
Chespin's the third.
http://i.imgur.com/6cVx3kL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3r05HbK.jpg

Wait... so the theme that plays during the Sycamore battle isn't actually the regular trainer battle music? That stinks...

I noticed Chandelure's cry being updated as well.

Metalizard said:
Like, did they increase the chance of finding shinies in XY or something?

That would be great but I dont want to get too excited however the shinies revealed so far look great especially chespin's I think it suits him perfect.

Metalizard said:
Like, did they increase the chance of finding shinies in XY or something?
The thing that worries me is, they may have only increased it in the demo to show off the shiny pokemon and the games would stay with the regular chances of finding shinies. I hope I'm wrong, because I would really like to get a Shiny Sylveon.

My only answer towards the shinies here is this; Maybe they increased the amount of shiny encounters for the demo version only since most people will not see some of these pokemon shiny. Another thing is, they are becoming more predictable but classy with their shinies.
Yellow-hue Gogoat
Purple and bright petal for Flabebe
Color reversal for Sylveon
Blue and Red-hued Chespin

I have a feeling someone might see a reddish Noivern, green and/or purple Froakie, and an eye-cancer colored (bright pink, yellow, blue, and green) Vivillon.
Wait, that's kinda off topic. anyway, I strongly believe they only raised the rate for shinies for the demo, or people are just getting dumb lucky. I mean, imagine how many people play and take pictures or videos of the demo each time. It seems rather likely it's just that these few shiny instances are getting attention. It's even higher possibility since the pokemon in your party is randomly generated each time. You can kinda see that the party is invalid since you start off with only the starter that changes gender sometimes, and then you get some pokemon suddenly when you battle Yvonne/Xavier, and then your party is replaced with one Mewtwo when battling Sycamore.

zappy800 said:
Only problem is that could be edited for that shiny

That has actually already been discussed elsewhere and it was unofficially decided that "If the picture of the shiny Fennekin was edited, it would have a bunch of white noise around the areas that had been edited [in the Error Level Analysis]. This does not appear to be the case, however." I personally would have preferred white with yellow or blue tufts, but I honestly don't care much as long as one coloration looks decent. If I find a shiny species I like, I'll RNG it and if not, I leave it be with it's normal coloration as I complete my Pokedex.

Jakeremix said:
Wait... so the theme that plays during the Sycamore battle isn't actually the regular trainer battle music? That stinks...

Uh, yeah it is. That theme played during the trainer battles in the roundtable. The encounter theme is Sycamore's unique theme, though.

I would like to point out if it hasn't already been mentioned before, the Horses fountain in the demo is the same one briefly depicted to us in a gameplay video a while ago! (Ground breaking)

oshawotter97 said:
I would like to point out if it hasn't already been mentioned before, the Horses fountain in the demo is the same one briefly depicted to us in a gameplay video a while ago! (Ground breaking)

don't get too excited. I'm guessing this area was made just for the demo to show off the new features. But, we'll know in a certain amount of time.

When you ask?
BkQtvVI.gif
(im sorry, but i love this so much, even though im using it wrong)

Apparently both the Fennekin and Chespin shinies are fake. Someone from /vp/ faked 'em. It was pretty obvious Fennekin's was fake (you can still see some faded yellow on its ear tips) but Chespin's one actually got me.

Back