(1) Information on Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion [12/13]

I really like these three Legendary Pokémon. We're getting new and original type combinations! Water+Fire and Ghost+Psychic! If I recall correctly, those type combinations have been wished for by players for a long time! Glad to see Pokémon care about their fans. Maybe a nice Fire/Grass-type is next!

I wonder whether new Mega Pokémon will be created with game updates.

I like Hoopa, it's typing, new attack, stats, they fit all together and pairing that with MGENGAR seems OP, if neither are banned when that time comes, of course.

Drohn said:
I really like these three Legendary Pokémon. We're getting new and original type combinations! Water+Fire and Ghost+Psychic! If I recall correctly, those type combinations have been wished for by players for a long time! Glad to see Pokémon care about their fans. Maybe a nice Fire/Grass-type is next!

I wonder whether new Mega Pokémon will be created with game updates.

[2:56:08 PM] Sean: what type is volcanion
[2:56:12 PM] Sean: I"m going to assume fire something
[2:56:16 PM] DNA: fire water
[2:56:24 PM] Sean: FIRE WATER FINALLY EXISTS
[2:56:26 PM] Sean: THERE IS A GOD
[2:56:34 PM] DNA: lolololol
[2:56:39 PM] DNA: now we need fire/grass and we're set

Sean = Teapot

I'm cool with the new types too, but it worries me that Hoopa is weak to Pursuit and Sucker Punch. Heck, if it gets hit with Sucker Punch, it dies.

I feel like the Shiny Dragons will have something to do with getting these guys. They were an event right before X/Y were released. Since I've been playing, every time there was an event right before the new game, it allowed you to unlock something. For instance, Shiny Pichu unlocking Spiky Eared Pichu, Celebi and the Shiny Legendary dogs unlocking Zorua and Zoroark, and Keldeo unlockin Keldeo Resolute form in BW2. I feel like, at the very least, you need the Shiny Dragons to get the Lati Mega Stone, if not to unlock the three new legendaries.

Serperior said:
Volcanion could've been cool without the huge ring on its back

It's technically not a ring, but two hoses ("arms" as the Pokedex description calls it) that rest like that when not in use. See the second picture on the fourth row. In my opinion it's an awesome design feature.

2v9z1wi.png

Sir Taco said:
I feel like the Shiny Dragons will have something to do with getting these guys. They were an event right before X/Y were released. Since I've been playing, every time there was an event right before the new game, it allowed you to unlock something. For instance, Shiny Pichu unlocking Spiky Eared Pichu, Celebi and the Shiny Legendary dogs unlocking Zorua and Zoroark, and Keldeo unlockin Keldeo Resolute form in BW2. I feel like, at the very least, you need the Shiny Dragons to get the Lati Mega Stone, if not to unlock the three new legendaries.

But what about the people that didn't get the shiny dragons? Are we just out of luck? I will be so upset if this happens T.T

momoxmomo said:
Sir Taco said:

But what about the people that didn't get the shiny dragons? Are we just out of luck? I will be so upset if this happens T.T

It happened with Resolute Keldeo, Spiky Eared Pichu, Zorua and Zoroark, I see no reason it isn't plausable here, other than the fact that it's three legendaries. Perhaps then unlock the Mega Latis. What reason is there to wait until a couple weeks before Pokebank to say stuff like this except to hype us up for something that can happen via Pokebank transfer?

Interesting.

I still don't like the name "Hoopa" however, I do like the Pokemon and description itself. Volcanion...did not see that type coming.

Now, I need to think of a better name to replace "Hoopa".

Wait, what? No other megas? And Latios and Latias look the same? You're kidding right? NOTHING else?!

Come on gamefreak! Another update with more megas!

Astra said:
Any idea on the base stats for those three?
We have rumors, but since those rumors also stated that Mega Latias is Dragon/Fairy (speaking of rumors, since WPM didn't post a source for this info, I see no reason to trust it >_>), take this with a grain of salt.

Diancie: 50/75/175/75/175/50
Volcanion: 90/140/110/105/110/55
Hoopa: 70/70/90/155/90/125

Source: https://twitter.com/Parque_Compi (somebody who works with Smealum)

Sir Taco said:
momoxmomo said:

It happened with Resolute Keldeo, Spiky Eared Pichu, Zorua and Zoroark, I see no reason it isn't plausable here, other than the fact that it's three legendaries. Perhaps then unlock the Mega Latis. What reason is there to wait until a couple weeks before Pokebank to say stuff like this except to hype us up for something that can happen via Pokebank transfer?

The thing is that those were available as wifi events and not just location exclusive. Usually the pokemon released over wifi near the end of a generation can have significance in the next gen game, but since the shiny dragons were location exclusive, they could be just for having a shiny legendary.

I like the new info we're getting here, especially the stats. I'm hoping the rumors on those base stats are at least close, because those are pretty interesting spreads. Also, really excited to see the rest of the pokemon in this game. Typhlosion in 3d is going to be righteous. Also, I like the look of volcanion more with his ring up than with the two arm things down, they just look awkward that way. Just my opinion though.

I wish I had a clearer image, even though I get the point. I'm glad it actually has purpose - almost thought it was a generator where beams were shot from the center. That nose...didn't see that. ):

So diancie is not the hidden evolution of carbink?
Man... crystal is gonna be pissed when I break the news to her. Not to mention diancie has a very good chance of replacing her in my team, poor dear.

The only thing I don't like is that they are still events, so you only get them one time, and if you restart the game, tough luck. Sigh... it's meloetta all over again...

don()shinobi said:
Interesting.

Diancie honestly looks really useless. Rock is a terrible defensive type, but Fairy does help get rid of the weakness to Fighting. It'll be so screwed if it has no way of recovering health though.

Volcanion looks interesting. I could see bulky offense working for it. It's stealth rock weakness makes it rough to go on the defense full time. But it could be awesome as a physical attacker, especially if that signature attack is physical.

Hoopa looks like the best of these three statwise. 155 SpA and 125 Speed are really good. It's just too bad that its typing blows defensively, and Psychic does no favors for it.

don()shinobi said:
Astra said:
Any idea on the base stats for those three?
We have rumors, but since those rumors also stated that Mega Latias is Dragon/Fairy (speaking of rumors, since WPM didn't post a source for this info, I see no reason to trust it >_>), take this with a grain of salt.

Source: https://twitter.com/Parque_Compi (somebody who works with Smealum)

Someone's lying. Hoopa can't have base 70 HP AND a HP stat of 301. Uninvested, 301 HP is likely base 95 HP. So...

Someone's lying.

Diancie's probable stats based on the news post:
50 HP
100 ATK
150 DEF
100 SA
150 SD
50 SPD
Assuming no EVs and a Sassy nature.

Basically, Carbink 2.0, now with the ability to do damage. SIGN ME UP! Time to terrorize some lizards.
On second thought, 50/75/175/75/175/50 is still possible. Hmm.

Sir Taco said:

Those were all movie cross-promotions to get people who might only just go and see the movie or only just buy the game do both, there was no shiny Tao trio movie.

professorlight said:
So diancie is not the hidden evolution of carbink?
Man... crystal is gonna be pissed when I break the news to her. Not to mention diancie has a very good chance of replacing her in my team, poor dear.

The only thing I don't like is that they are still events, so you only get them one time, and if you restart the game, tough luck. Sigh... it's meloetta all over again...

The resemblance between the two is very high. They might have some sort of relation. On the bright side, you'll be able to use PokéBank to store them before starting a new game!

Back