(1) Japanese eShop Showcases Orotto Trailer from Genesect Film [7/30]

J.D. said:
Bob The Magical Penguin said:
Is it just me or did it look like Fennekin's attack on Litleo used a fist in flames? I hope not.
Yeah, I saw that... does that mean Fennekin gets Fire Punch? But it doesn't even have hands, let alone fists.

And after seeing this, I find myself unconvinced that Mewtwo is in fact attacking Xerneas. Looks more like Mewtwo, Xerneas and Yveltal were all showing off different attack animations.

I think he means this alludes to fire fighting evolution, which the best part is, I could care less, I didn't even know a problem such as too many fire fighting existed until someone on here brought it up, the day the evolutions are revealed I will enjoy watching you guys rage.

Welp, it's already up on the Japanese YT channel.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXJJ1pC1jiU[/video]

TokenDuelist said:
October 10th release date huh?

No, the trailer just says August 10 is when you can start pre-ordering the XY 3DS LL. The release date is still October 12 worldwide.

ECHOxLegend said:
J.D. said:
Yeah, I saw that... does that mean Fennekin gets Fire Punch? But it doesn't even have hands, let alone fists.

And after seeing this, I find myself unconvinced that Mewtwo is in fact attacking Xerneas. Looks more like Mewtwo, Xerneas and Yveltal were all showing off different attack animations.

I think he means this alludes to fire fighting evolution, which the best part is, I could care less, I didn't even know a problem such as too many fire fighting existed until someone on here brought it up, the day the evolutions are revealed I will enjoy watching you guys rage.

Well serebii said that the move Fennekin used is call Glow Punch. This might be some physical psychic move or something. But I find it highly unlikely that Fennekin is going fire/fighting.

Looking forward to the English video and hopefully we'll get a date when we're able to preorder the 3DS XL as well if we get it.

That battle between Flabebe and Clauncher really does look like it's underwater and if you pay very close attention to the move Mewtwo is using, what looks like a DNA helix forms over it's head.

scuba steveE said:
That battle between Flabebe and Clauncher really does look like it's underwater and if you pay very close attention to the move Mewtwo is using, what looks like a DNA helix forms over it's head.

Yup, paused it and that is a DNA helix. Same design as the one found on the watch the protagonists wear and on the Japanese logos for X and Y.

Also, I compared the water battle arenas we have seen thus far and the one showcased in the video does seem legitimately underwater as the background doesn't match any that we have seen (like the beach battle or the one pictured in my signature).

Why are people so hateful towards fire/fighting pokemon? I find them to be very good with a nice combined stab that's very useful in battle. I wouldn't mind if fennekin turned out to be that, but considering how accurate pokebeach's source has been I don't expect it to be anything but fire/psychic at this point, which is good as well.

jdivinity said:
scuba steveE said:

Yup, paused it and that is a DNA helix. Same design as the one found on the watch the protagonists wear and on the Japanese logos for X and Y.

Also, I compared the water battle arenas we have seen thus far and the one showcased in the video does seem legitimately underwater as the background doesn't match any that we have seen (like the beach battle or the one pictured in my signature).

Are you sure it's not just the attack animation? I originally wrote it was underwater in the first news story but then edited it out because I thought it was that.

Water Pokémon Master said:
jdivinity said:

Are you sure it's not just the attack animation? I originally wrote it was underwater in the first news story but then edited it out because I thought it was that.

I'm sure it is not just the attack animation. See, Clauncher is doing the same attack (Crabhammer?) in the video as it is in the screenshot released a few days ago. The attack does darken the area but not to the amount as the scene in the video showed where you don't see the background.

67.jpg

14izq06.jpg

So, return of dive?

Btw., what attack has the animation, Froakie uses against Skrelp (with the “speaking bubble with dots”)? Chatter? Maybe not… :D

jdivinity said:

This is the frame right before Clauncher's attack, to me that looks underwater.
original.jpg

I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow and see Oorotto's English name and artwork. If not...I'll become one impatient person.

Oh, and all of these little details are very interesting. Return of Dive? Sounds good to me. Mewtwo with DNA helix? This implies that it may be central to the story in some way. Fennekin with a punching attack? Don't get me started...

scuba steveE said:
This is the frame right before Clauncher's attack, to me that looks underwater.
original.jpg

It looks A LOT like a sea floor in that trailer so DIVE IS BACK YESSSS!!

Also, perhaps Glow Punch is a Fire/Psychic priority move? (Please let it be fire type. It's been long overdue for Fire priority move.)

Mewtwo seems to be breaking out of something, like a shell, at the beginning of the animation. IMO it's a status move rather than an attack

s8rc.png

Rattlehead said:
Mewtwo seems to be breaking out of something, like a shell, at the beginning of the animation. IMO it's a status move rather than an attack

s8rc.png

That's gonna look amazing with the 3D turned on!

Another promising trailer! Hurry up October!

As others have stated, that's definitely a different move that Mewtwo is using. They just switch to Xerneas using Geomancy. (The backgrounds are even different - Mewtwo's looks like the Wi-Fi background and Xerneas is in the typical forest area.)

And for the shell/egg breakout thing, if we didn't already have information from one of the leaks that Mewtwo changes forme with items, I'd suggest it may change forme with a move. But if that leak about the items is true, then that won't be the case, and the egg thing throws me off a bit.

Jaime Runt said:
Why are people so hateful towards fire/fighting pokemon? I find them to be very good with a nice combined stab that's very useful in battle. I wouldn't mind if fennekin turned out to be that, but considering how accurate pokebeach's source has been I don't expect it to be anything but fire/psychic at this point, which is good as well.

I think it's not so much the Fire/Fighting combination itself that sets people off - I personally still love my Infernape fiercely, and Blaziken is also among my favorites (though I still haven't exactly warmed up to Emboar...) - but rather that since generation 3 every. Single. Fire Type. Starter. turned out to be Fire/Fighting. Heck, in GenIV the Chimchar line was the ONLY new Fire Type, period! So, really, we're all about ready for something new.

People aren't pissed about the typing but rather the repetitiveness of it.

I'm definitely on board with Fire/Psychic myself, especially if the other part of the rumor (Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting starters) also turns out to be true! That would certainly mix things up!

Somehow I think Mewtwo is not attacking Xerneas, but rather showing each of the legendaries new signature move. :O

Back