(1) Kanto Gym Leader Quiz [8/23]

lol, Ash is a loser.

I watched Ash vs Maylene rerun today. Guess what? It was a draw lol, but she gave him the badge anyway :D

This pretty much cements my thoughts about Ash having an Action Replay

Shame, shame on you Ash. :[

I thought Blaine, Lt. Surge and Koga were the legit ones. Because he battled them fair and square and won. Some weren't won legitally. (Versus Misty, Erika and Giovanni [which he never battled])

He got the Cascade Badge because Team Rocket interrupted the battle. He got the Rainbow Badge for saving the Celadon City Gym, and I forget how he got the Earth Badge.

Wait, I think the Earth Badge fell to the ground after Team Rocket blasted off.

Waitasec, my memory is blurry but at the moment Team Rocket crashed the Cerulean gym, wasn't Starmie already pretty much down and out thanks to Pidgeotto's onslaught?

It's also kind of weird that Ash never gets any better after all the years of battling. After 14 years, he's the same 10 year old kid who gets new pokemon every season, and had trouble getting every badge. I think Ash should keep his stongest pokemon from each region, and maybe catch one or two new pokemon, so that he isn't awful at the start of every region.

burnpsy said:
At least he wins legitimately nowadays.

Lolwut? Take a look at Roark and Maylene. Ash fails just as much as he did before, if not more. He fails and the anime fails. That being said, I can't really remember what I voted for. I'm pretty sure it was Lt. Surge, which should be the answer IMO.

dmaster out.

The cinnibar island gym was closed down, how was it even official?!
pokemon anime for the lose

surge was the most legit in my opinion.
he pretty much loses them all first time around, he gets all excited and forgets to plan ahead so he has no strategy going in. its just. . . part of his character? so that cant make a battle any less legitimate.

Water Pokemon Master said:
Well I originally thought Koga was the answer, but in reviewing the episodes, I realized it was a draw.
WHAT

I USED TO BE RIGHT UNTIL YOU GUYS INFLUENCED THE DECISIONS

THANKS A LOT JERKS

...okay, on a real note, I was forced to decide between Lt Surge, Blaine, and Koga, with the last solely because I didn't remember how it ended. In the case of Blaine, a Magmar being KO'd by being plunged into magma would be impossible (even with Seismic Toss), since the Pokedex states that Magmar lives and thrives in it. Lt. Surge? A bit iffy there. First time he got epicly trounced, but in the second affair, Pikachu used moves like Agility that haven't really been seen since on Pikachu (at least, not in the Kanto season), but before that Ash was effectively emo until persuaded by Team Rocket. (Same thing with Blaine as well - Ash epicly loses with Pikachu with a scene that gets close to death as you can with 4Kids, then later Ash uses Charizard, which is rarely used if at all.) Even still, the statistical difference would not have allowed Pikachu to win like that. Koga I knew was basically an even match, with Ash gaining a minor upper hand, or so I remember.

The others had no real outcome of a battle, so the real decision is just between those three. Hence, why I voted Koga, mostly because I didn't remember all the details.

Surge is the most legit because everyone loses a gym battle at some points and he won it fairly through battle so I would almost say it is completely legit.

Lol, everyone's complaining about how fail Ash is because well... he fails, BUT what if he won every battle on his first go? I'm pretty sure the series would become far more boring, far quicker than it already has become. I wish Team Rocket would just stop being so stupid. IMHO, they should have maybe their own side stories in each episode and try to steal pokemon every once and a while and throw in a plot changing event (such as the evolution of a pokemon) as opposed to them just failing every episode with no consequence whatsoever and in the process just messing up the flow of the episode.

*Insert epic Pokemon battle scene he- PREPARE FOR TROUBLE...*

Also, have you guys noticed that Jesse and James never refer to "the twerps" as their real names?

I wouldn’t call a rematch win less legitimate, just less impressive. Gym rematches are allowed in both the games and anime as much as necessary. I suspected you thought it was Koga... I did too then I checked and noticed the same thing. I had trouble choosing because the whole “tail is a ground” and “horn is vulnerable” things were both dumb, but I ultimately chose Blaine because th horn thing was a separate match from the one in which he earned the badge. There was nothing truly illegitimate about the rematch, the only iffy bit was that Charizard listening to him was luck, not training skill.

Back