(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

Bolt the Cat said:
you can't really reduce HMs much more than they currently are.

well cut, strength, and rock smash are redundant. can be reduced to only Strength to keep block puzzles. At very least removing cut wouldn't anger anyone. At least rock smash has an on-hit effect. Whirlpool is also mechanically the same in the field to cut/smash, and waterfall locations can be blocked by rocks/trees. Wouldn't look pretty, but I can see reason to reduce HMs

tso said:
Bolt the Cat said:
you can't really reduce HMs much more than they currently are.

well cut, strength, and rock smash are redundant. can be reduced to only Strength to keep block puzzles. At very least removing cut wouldn't anger anyone. At least rock smash has an on-hit effect.

I assume they wouldn't totally get rid of the move they'd just make it a TM like Rock Smash or just make them level up moves. I think they'll keep Fly, Surf, Waterfall, and Dive. Dive is more of a hope, since I want to see what underwater in 3D would look like.

Luna_Cat16 said:
Thanks WPM!

It seems that there's not too much else. I do have to say that I'd love if the whole "turning 3DS thing upside-down" was real though. Interactive and fun!

Also the Mewtwo forme stuff seems awesome. Would it be possible to clarify what you mean by the first or second one though? Like which one has already been revealed?

m7mad133 said:
Rusty Sticks said:
The key word is FRIENDLY.

your rival in RS was friendly,Bianca and Cheren are friendly...
if your rival was going to give you a starter is would be a bred egg or something like that not the first Pokemon they have

I don't think so.

My initial thought was that the friendly rival could end up thinking that you're a more suited for his/her pokemon. Maybe they retire pokemon battling by the end of the story. The nice one is the daughter of the professor right? I can't remember where I read that.

orkoni1 said:
Teal said:
Ugh. There is a Monimal named Espur. Now I hope that these are false...

http://zephleit.deviantart.com/art/List-of-Monimals-Updated-11-26-2012-306495382

Just like WPM said sometimes fans make fakemon and their names happen to be similar to those of Pokemon that are later revealed. It's not that difficult to come up with espur to be honest, with so many people making their own fakemon and giving them pokemon-like names it's gonna continue happening. In the words of Joy Behar, "So what, who cares."
Espur is not a Fakemon, Monimals is an actual game that's coming for iOS. Why I care? Because.

AdamLambert said:
tso said:
well cut, strength, and rock smash are redundant. can be reduced to only Strength to keep block puzzles. At very least removing cut wouldn't anger anyone. At least rock smash has an on-hit effect.

I assume they wouldn't totally get rid of the move they'd just make it a TM like Rock Smash or just make them level up moves. I think they'll keep Fly, Surf, Waterfall, and Dive. Dive is more of a hope, since I want to see what underwater in 3D would look like.

that's a great point. underwater ruins would be great exploring in 3D.

Fly/Strength/WaterStuff is enough. *obligatory R/S remake hype*

aaactually. removing cut from HM status, they could make it a grass-type move so it's not just a bad tackle.

Bolt the Cat said:
You can't really reduce HMs much more than they currently are.
Lets look at the current HM list:
-Cut
-Strength
-Fly
-Surf
-Dive
-Waterfall

-I can see Cut being taken out, or kept as a TM which can be used for shortcuts and nice items ONLY (ala Flash)
-We can keep Strength, or the same could happen to it as Cut
-We can keep Fly
-Surf, Dive and Waterfall can all be put in some multi-purpose Water type move

There you go, we've reduced it from 6 to 3 (or two if Strength is removed as a HM but still in the game).

That aside, these rumours look really nice. The Psychic/Dark squid sound aces and the Psychic cats sound good too.

HM system is outdated flying pokemon should know how to fly and watter pokemon should know how to swim . All Hm's should be just Tm's if he just want to use that attack

Nightingirle said:
Thanks for the info! What I think about it:
New evolution methods: I like them :) something new and fresh.
Inkay/malimar: psychic/dark is something I always wanted, anyone an idea what they could be according to he names?
Espurr/meowstick: another cat pokemon? Hm and then psychic type reminds me of espeon... Not too excited for those, but we'll see, also meowSTICK haha sry that made me laugh. :D why stick, is it holding a stick? (Well mystic makes since though)

New evo. methods: makes me think of a new way to get Porygons, like Porygon-Z gets 2 new forms, similar to how Kyurem did. 3DS sideways while and giving it a certain item = it being locked as Porygon-X until you remove the item, back of the 3DS facing up would make it Porygon-Y, and removing the item reverts it back to Porygon-Z.

Inkay/Malimar: For some reason, i thought of Mayans and familiars... Whatever they are, they're doomed against a bug-type.

Espurr/Meowstick: What you said about it reminding you about Espeon and what WPM said about it reminding him/her (sorry, kinda new to the forums after B2W2, so...) of Meowth due to the name is kind of... Dumb? I mean, It's like how people got mad at Fennekin for being a flire fox since there's already Vulpix. Maybe I'm just over reacting, but I don't think a pokemon shouldn't be made because there's already one similar to it, especially since the types may be based off of myths and stuff, and the names based off of the thing it is and it's theme.

Hello I just made this account to discuss X/Y related information. First of all, thanks WPM for the release of the information :) I'm really excited about the new evolution methods as that is something completely new to me. Belch seems like a very strong attack; I might use it often. Also I really want to see the second form of mewtwo. I actually liked the first form i don't see anything wrong with it (imo). The 5 new pokemon seem cool and all but I'm gonna wait how they actually look like. Overall I really like this new information and hopefully it's all true :)

Does Game Freak want the Pokémon Centers to be obsolete in the games? Gogoat has Horn Leach. Helioptile has Parabolic Charge, Sylveon has Draining Kiss. WTF?

FloodBadge said:
Espurr/Meowstick: What you said about it reminding you about Espeon and what WPM said about it reminding him/her (sorry, kinda new to the forums after B2W2, so...) of Meowth due to the name is kind of... Dumb? I mean, It's like how people got mad at Fennekin for being a flire fox since there's already Vulpix. Maybe I'm just over reacting, but I don't think a pokemon shouldn't be made because there's already one similar to it, especially since the types may be based off of myths and stuff, and the names based off of the thing it is and it's theme.

I didn't mean it negative that it reminds me of espeon, I just meant it as 'a cat like psychic pokemon reminds me of espeon' and I'm just not too wild about cat like pokemon or espeon :D for example I loved all the frog-like pokemon and there are plenty and I also love froakie, so I don't care about how many pokemon based on some kind of animal they make, I just didn't like a single one of the cat ones :/ that's why I'm not really excited about that. Of course there could always be that first catmon hat I like :D

Alix Rooker said:
Mitja said:
whaaaa... I want aquatic pokemon who arent Water for a change D: (Stunfisk..but meh, they could be Dark, Poison, Ground, Grass, Electric..or any combo of these..heck a Normal fish would be something new lol)

And pokemon who are clearly not aquatic but ARE Water type simply in an elemental way (like Suicune and Keldeo, animals you don't expect to have anything to do with water)

also, you mentioned RS...lack of water pokemon...MAYBE ITZ A HINT FOR REMAEKS! (sry havent had to post this in a while D: )
Croagunk, Toxicroak, the Eelektross line...

Well I meant with them actually being encountered in water. An Electric/Poison squid, a Dark/Steel shark, a Grass/Ground coral, you get the idea...

A psychic type cat sounds interesting, but Meowstick sounds very unoriginal, and like the post WPM mentioned that it sounds too similar to Meowth.

The possible evolution using the 3DS gyroscope sounds very interesting, to say the least.

How many hours left untill Pokémon Smash airs? (I know some have already asked when it airs, but there are people here from a variety of different time zones, so, yeah.)

Meowstick is so terrible it makes Seel look like a good name.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
Harvest makes it a nice move. It just needs a Pokemon with both, harvest and Belch (preferably with STAB). You will use it in sunlight (preferably).

Yeah, but only two Pokemon can currently use Harvest, and they both suck. For that to be the only situation in which Belch is remotely useful makes the entire move pretty useless.

Bolt the Cat said:
Flys Gone 2071 said:
Harvest makes it a nice move. It just needs a Pokemon with both, harvest and Belch (preferably with STAB). You will use it in sunlight (preferably).

Yeah, but only two Pokemon can currently use Harvest, and they both suck. For that to be the only situation in which Belch is remotely useful makes the entire move pretty useless.

I agree (I was saying when it could be useful). It just needs the right Pokemon to come.

There's probably a level requirement in addition to flipping the 3DS. If not, it may be a stone-style thing where the evolution doesn't learn some moves once evolved to discourage immedaite evolution.

unsheathed said:
Meowstick is so terrible it makes Seel look like a good name.

Miaoustyk
Meowstyk
Mrowstyk

I get that they're going for "Mystic", but pick something that is not just Meow and Stick together. Please? :/

Back