(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

Still, the most exciting info is probably Chespin's typing, and Froakie a close second. Both those typings, with the Pokemon themselves intrigue me on what they could evolve into.

Fennekin, not so much. But I would like it if it transformed into some sort of mystical fighter like thing, like a Mienshao looking Pokemon. The EV checker would also be helpful, much easier to check etc. Even the ability to remove them straight away would be wonderful.

Reggie McGigas said:
Anything new on Pokemon Smash?

Well, seeing grown men in Pokemon costumes was new. :rolleyes:
But pertaining to X/Y there wasn't anything new that I saw. Mr. Masuda unveiled the 4 new Pokemon from before, the Kalos region, the Lumiose City art, and that's about it.

Here is the full video on YouTube if you want to see it.

Reggie McGigas said:
Anything new on Pokemon Smash?

Directional movement.

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
o0BBrgD.gif

By the way WPM, how on earth were we meant to deduce Inkay and Malimar from your 'upside down ink' hint??! :p

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/what-do-you-want-gen-6-a-117911/index178.html#post4710976

Isn't it funny how someone's wishlist from April matched with a few stuff posted on the site.

dracoflare said:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/what-do-you-want-gen-6-a-117911/index178.html#post4710976

Isn't it funny how someone's wishlist from April matched with a few stuff posted on the site.

Few? That's a lot more than few!
Does that mean it's false? But why was it specified like that in a wishlist? Perhaps it was an indirect leak?

Jonn said:
dracoflare said:

Few? That's a lot more than few!
Does that mean it's false? But why was it specified like that in a wishlist? Perhaps it was an indirect leak?

"Back in the first week of February when the source e-mailed me, I told him I wasn't going to post his information until some of it could be verified (hence this past Saturday). Because I refused to post any of it, he immediately decided to post some of the info on a couple of forums." - WPM

I'll be very happy if the news regarding Pancham's evolution are true. I was never a fan of a pure Fighting or a Fighting/Grass due to the harsh metagame typings. This supposed Fighting/Dark evo will give the character a great depth offensively, at least in the in-game playthrough... if the evo is not a freak-looking panda...

SunRiver said:
I'll be very happy if the news regarding Pancham's evolution are true. I was never a fan of a pure Fighting or a Fighting/Grass due to the harsh metagame typings. This supposed Fighting/Dark evo will give the character a great depth offensively, at least in the in-game playthrough... if the evo is not a freak-looking panda...

Trouble is, Fairy type damage will be 4x effective against it. Same goes for Scrafty.

I wonder how many fairy type pokemon we will get, though, in gen 2 we only got 6 dark and steel pokemon each iirc, 5 fully evolved(at that time) dark types and 5 steel ones, not even enough to build a type based team of each. I guess it will depend on how many pokemon they reclassify as fairy, as I don't see them making more than 5 or 6 fairy evolutionary lines. I always wanted to build a type oriented team, but I never really liked one enough. Maybe fairy will finally be the one :D

Nightingirle said:
I wonder how many fairy type pokemon we will get, though, in gen 2 we only got 6 dark and steel pokemon each iirc, 5 fully evolved(at that time) dark types and 5 steel ones, not even enough to build a type based team of each. I guess it will depend on how many pokemon they reclassify as fairy, as I don't see them making more than 5 or 6 fairy evolutionary lines. I always wanted to build a type oriented team, but I never really liked one enough. Maybe fairy will finally be the one :D

They'll probably have 5 or 6 evolutionary lines like you said, Sylveon, and a few stand alone pokemon.

I think they will do more than the five or six that Dark and Steel got back in GSC. Considering we'll have like three times the number of Pokemon after XY than we had after GSC. Personally I think it would be a waste of time if they went through with making a brand new type after all these years for only like ten Pokemon. So I'm hoping they make about a dozen new ones and reclassify about 15-20 old Pokemon. It can be the least common type but I hope it's not that far behind Ghost in the end.

Frost said:
I think they will do more than the five or six that Dark and Steel got back in GSC. Considering we'll have like three times the number of Pokemon after XY than we had after GSC.

Yeah but with 5 or 6 lines, that's (at the most) 18 fairy types.

+Sylveon
+ (roughly) 3 or 4 stand alone

That's around 20-25 pokemon right there.
So if we assume the new pokedex has 150 new pokemon, that doesn't sound too bad. You also have to consider the ones that get a retype; which means more for the entirety.

Back