(1) Lugia-EX, Colress Machine, Plasma Energy from ‘Plasma Gale’ Revealed! [8/10]

But Rotom and Rotom-W don't have the same stats! There's such a difference between the two that the forms introduced in Platinum are basically like an evolution for the original Rotom in terms of stats.

lol I know :p there is of course a stat shift between the two of them I was just joking, lol (maybe I should've put jk in there so no one would've gotten confused....)

I've always seen him as a legendary, but I guess he isn't....

[C][C][C][C] Plasma Gale: 120 damage. Discard 1 Plasma Energy attached to this Pokemon or this attack does nothing.

Drifblim+hammers. Period.

I think Lugia's overrated and he wont be as overpowered as people on here are saying, but hes definitely decent

Frost said:
I still don't know why people think the Legendary music playing when you fight Rotom was something more than just a joke? Especially when there are Legendary Pokemon who don't get the Legendary music playing, like Mesprit or Cresselia. They were just contrasting the big dramatic music playing for a goofy plasma ghost with lame stats.

Mesperit gets the same battle theme as Uxie and Azelf! You fail on that part!

Cresselia, Latios, and Latias are the ONLY Legendary Pokemon you can encounter in the wild who don't have a unique Battle Theme.

You forgot Shaymin - not to mention the Gen 1 and 2 legendaries in their original games - and by the way, why does any of this matter?

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
You forgot Shaymin - not to mention the Gen 1 and 2 legendaries in their original games - and by the way, why does any of this matter?

True... I'm just peeved that Lugia is a Plasma Pokemon... It makes NO sense. Team Magma having Groudon made some sense, Team Aqua having Kyogre made some sense, Team Rocket having Mewtwo made some sense... Plasma with Lugia MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL! Since when does Lugia appear in the Unova Region? O.O

Either way, it's interesting but I don't like it.

...the point being that Cyrus was not seen having Darkrai or Zapdos under his control. Zapdos only appeared in Sinnoh as a little nod to Oak and such, and Darkrai...well, he haunts an abandoned inn and makes some sailor get scared.

...the point being that Cyrus was not seen having Darkrai or Zapdos under his control. Zapdos only appeared in Sinnoh as a little nod to Oak and such, and Darkrai...well, he haunts an abandoned inn and makes some sailor get scared.

True, but back in the day they had Team Rocket cards with both of the Gen I and Gen II Legendary Trios. Unless I missed something in Pokemon Adventures, Team Rocket never had control over Entei, Raikou, nor Suicune. They did have control over Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in the manga very briefly though. =/

Eh, I'm babbling too much... I would like to see what Lugia EX (Plasma)'s full art looks like... I'm still (probably vainly) hoping that not EVERYTHING in this set will be owned by Team Plasma... We had pokemon that were not owned by Team Rocket or weren't Dark in their sets that were fully evolved I believe, right?

Additional Comment:

also, here's something I found on bulbapedia regarding Rotom: "When Rotom is encountered, the music is the same as legendary encounters, although it is not classified as one. Rotom is, to date, the only non-legendary Pokémon to do this."

Ok, I'm sorry, WHERE in any of the games does it say Rotom IS NOT a Legendary Pokemon? It's grouped with them in both the National and New Sinnoh Pokedex. Not a Legendary? I say it's the only Legendary that can breed fertile offspring. Grouped with them, has their battle music, you can only encounter it in the wild once... It's a freakin' legendary! And the only one that, aside from Manaphy, can breed and aside from both Manaphy and Phione, hatch from an egg. Stats not being on par with other Legendaries is NO classification as Phione's stats are terrible too!

Setosama said:
True, but back in the day they had Team Rocket cards with both of the Gen I and Gen II Legendary Trios. Unless I missed something in Pokemon Adventures, Team Rocket never had control over Entei, Raikou, nor Suicune. They did have control over Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in the manga very briefly though. =/

Eh, I'm babbling too much... I would like to see what Lugia EX (Plasma)'s full art looks like... I'm still (probably vainly) hoping that not EVERYTHING in this set will be owned by Team Plasma... We had pokemon that were not owned by Team Rocket or weren't Dark in their sets that were fully evolved I believe, right?

Additional Comment:

also, here's something I found on bulbapedia regarding Rotom: "When Rotom is encountered, the music is the same as legendary encounters, although it is not classified as one. Rotom is, to date, the only non-legendary Pokémon to do this."

Ok, I'm sorry, WHERE in any of the games does it say Rotom IS NOT a Legendary Pokemon? It's grouped with them in both the National and New Sinnoh Pokedex. Not a Legendary? I say it's the only Legendary that can breed fertile offspring. Grouped with them, has their battle music, you can only encounter it in the wild once... It's a freakin' legendary! And the only one that, aside from Manaphy, can breed and aside from both Manaphy and Phione, hatch from an egg. Stats not being on par with other Legendaries is NO classification as Phione's stats are terrible too!

Rotom can be obtained in in-game trade in black/white. I never heard of a legendary that could be obtained throught that method.

Ok, I'm sorry, WHERE in any of the games does it say Rotom IS NOT a Legendary Pokemon?
I think it was Nintendo itself who said that Rotom was not a legendary but Phione was. (Phione is just weird...)

I think it was Nintendo itself who said that Rotom was not a legendary but Phione was. (Phione is just weird...)

OK! Now we're getting somewhere on this discussion on whether Rotom is a Legendary or not. Where did they say it? o_O

Videoland said:
Rotom can be obtained in in-game trade in black/white. I never heard of a legendary that could be obtained throught that method.

No other Legendaries can breed fertile offspring. Rotom is unique. Yes, I'm still under the assumption that Rotom is a Legendary until somebody proves it isn't.

AS for the set, september 14th is too long of a freaking wait. XD

Videoland said:

^This.

No other Legendaries can breed fertile offspring. Rotom is unique.
Maybe that's why they're legendaries.

Setosama, really, Rotom is not a legendary, deal with it. It is obtained in a trade, it breeds itself, its stats are much lower than those of normal legendaires. And it's officially confirmed it is not a legendary.

In that department, I think Phione shouldn't be considered a legendary either. The only reason it is in the middle of legendaries in the nat. dex is because it is bred from Manaphy (but doesn't evolve into it).

btw, Why Lugia P? Set is called Plasma Gale, Lugia is a flying type with its signature attack being the flying-type Aeroblast (better theory anyone?). Although I think this only explains the set name, not why they chose Lugia.

Setosama said:
Ok, THIS is the part that gets me: WHERE is it officially confirmed?! Where? o_O

I do not recall the exact location off-hand, but I think it was either a press release or on Pokemon.com itself (possibly in their Pokedex...?).

Back