(1) Mega Charizard X Revealed During 'Pokemon Origins' [10/2]

Delta Nite said:
Bellyzard X. Oh god.
Is Belly Drum even necessary? With a boosted Attack stat, and an Ability boosting its Contact Moves, it should be able to Sweep fairly easily. Maybe a less drastic Set-up could be used, but Belly Drum is too risky imo..

I'd rather go with Dragon Dance. Charizard can get it via Breeding, and it also matches it's new typing, if you're THAT kind of a(n) [OCD] person. ~.^

It was said right from the beginning. You can Mega Evolve just one Pokemon per trainer during the battle. You CAN have 6 Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving, but you can only change one per battle.
That's why it's pretty situational, which makes it tricky and interesting.

Also, Stealth Rock = my bad, or more like my hidden hopes that they will eliminate entry hazards completely from Sky Battles. Stealth Rock would be OP.

Haverok said:
It was said right from the beginning. You can Mega Evolve just one Pokemon per trainer during the battle. You CAN have 6 Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving, but you can only change one per battle.

Plus you can only mega evolve a Pokemon if your opponent can mega evolve something from their team too (this is probably for player vs player only and not player vs NPC)

Haverok said:

There are DEFINITELY going to be players who are gonna have a team of potential Megas, but if they mega-evolve one of their team members then the others will have a wasted item slot!

Gaming has gotten even more complicated! I enjoy it... but I also don't... D:

professorlight said:
Something weird I noticed in the trailer: at the end, during the charizard/red sequence, right before the title, when they are floating in that blue thing, there seems to be like... some explosion, but not an explosion, or some energy surge between them, and then cuts to the title... Could it really be that they are changing just that one bit of the original story and give charizardnite and blastoisenite to red and blue?
ProfessorLight called it! Back in August. I was thinking there'd be no way they'd create a special without having some sort of plug for their new game that close to its release. Nostalgia or no.

Mega Charizard X is GORGEOUS.
DP353.jpg

I think you got it wrong, Baktwerel. There wasn't anything about your opponent neccesairly having other Megalution Pokemon. Oo"
The last episode of Smash only PROVED that the limit is per trainer, not per battle... which is kinda obvious...
Correct me, if I'm wrong, but I don't think it works that way...

Baktwerel said:
Plus you can only mega evolve a Pokemon if your opponent can mega evolve something from their team too (this is probably for player vs player only and not player vs NPC)

Where did you hear this?

Ah sorry I must have misunderstood the " It proved that you can have a Mega Evolution in combat if your opponent also has one" part, my bad.

I just remembered...mega Charizard X will still take 50% from rocks since you have to mega evolve during your turn...there goes its competitive potential :p
(Unless the nerf rocks)

Damian_Winters said:
I just remembered...mega Charizard X will still take 50% from rocks since you have to mega evolve during your turn...there goes its competitive potential :p
(Unless the nerf rocks)

You can always start with him if you're worried about that..

Sheriff_K said:
Damian_Winters said:
(Unless the nerf rocks)

You can always start with him if you're worried about that..

Still REALLY hurts...just pointing that out, nothing against Charizard X, I just don't think it will be super amazing;)

I think it's safe to say other mega evolutions will have exclusive forms (it makes sense). I'm just wondering if all the mega Pokemon shown so far are the Pokemon Y exclusives. If so it will end up less surprising for people like me who have already pre-ordered that version.

A lot of new things like this shown off so far have really gotten me more hyped.

GUYS Swirlix and Spirtzee evolution leaked!!!!!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c0fpP1y2mHU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dc0fpP1y2mHU

Xj8aXWP.gif

Someone had this image in their signature. I think we all know why Yveltal is attacking Zerneas now. It's clearly angry because X will be so much better. <3 :'D

I reaaaaaaaaaally really really hope the other two starters get Mega Evolutions as well.

I wasn't too thrilled with the Blastoise Mega, so I hope he gets a better one and I hope that it is also on X. I'm sooooo happy I chose X right now. haha

Swirlix's evolution looks ridiculously funny but I'm ok with it while Spirtzee's is adorable <3 OMG I cant wait till the release this is exhausting

Guys...

Mega Evolutions require an item...What happens if you use knock-off on a Mega Evolved Pokemon? OMG every Tentacruel is going to have knock-off now.

Back