(1) New 'Dark Rush' Commercial Reveals Several New Cards [12/1]

just look at Blissey and Wailord
One has 130, the other has 180.
And the former has higher base HP by quite a lot.

DNA said:

exactly... although why Wailord has 180-200 HP is beyond my understanding, since its Def and Sp.Def in the games aren't that good, only its HP is high... I guess it's because they wanted to reference the fact it is the biggest pokémon or something...

DNA said:

It's because Wailord is a fatty. :)

I was really caught off guard by Entei, but when you think about it it makes sense. There are no other dark-type legendary Pokemon, and Entei (along with Suicune and Raikou, which will probably be the other EX's in the set) was featured in the Zoroark (the set's mascot) movie. Can't wait to see the rest of this set!

Beautiful Entei! I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that there is probably a high likelihood of it also being a Full Art too...

Ty_Sylicus said:
PS. Your grammar is deplorable.

was this comment necessary? I would think you would have better things to do than grade the grammar posted by complete strangers on an online forum. I failed to be rude to you so I would appreciate if you would extend me the same courtesy. I am quite surprised that that cheap shot came from someone so "well versed" in the english language. but I digress... in my opinion entei does have high HP for a basic but I do not think that makes up for his lack of usefulness compared to another EX card with the same amount of health. his HP alone can't justify the two prizes you lose when he gets knocked out. this is why I think entei is lame. unless there is some card(s) that I cannot think About right now that he has some crazy awesome synergy with. In that event I stand corrected. otherwise all I can hope for is some other card yet to be revealed from dark rush that pairs well with entei that will make him relevant.

A_RAICHU said:
Japanese is my minor :D

very cool bro! thank you for the translation

It seems that all EXs have 180 HP.....It could just be that all EX cards have a base HP of 180, which is why Entei has as much as all other EXs (I agree it should have about 160, same goes to Darkrai.

Shaymin-EX waltzes in with its 110 hp. U mad bro? Also, Mewtwo had 170 iirc. Anyway, they could remove the EX clause from that Entei and it still wouldn't be played, 180 hp and all, if that is correct. That sucks...since I'm getting my hands on a Darkrai EX somehow, I was hoping some of the other cards in the set would be good, but so far except for Darkness Patch and maybe Zoroark they seem like a downer.

PAN3KILL3R said:
otherwise all I can hope for is some other card yet to be revealed from dark rush that pairs well with entei that will make him relevant.

Volcarona

Don't know if they will be played that much but they definitely combine...

@DarkVoid: Kyogre-EX also has 170 HP...

Metalizard said:
Volcarona

Don't know if they will be played that much but they definitely combine...

@DarkVoid: Kyogre-EX also has 170 HP...

forgot his moveset... ill look it up.

EDIT: ok i see what u mean.

It's kinda funny to me that Reuniclus for example has defenses of 110/75/85 (which makes it a bit of a tank with 125 Sp. Atk), but in the TCG it has only 90 HP. It just makes it more obvious that the people who write the cards didn't program the games...

This Entei actually has huge potential to see play. In the current metagame, people are using Thundurus to quickly get energy into the discard while inflicting high damage to kill basics early on, then using Eelektrik to attach them. A reversed implementation of this could be viable, using Ninetales and Sage's to discard fire Energy, and attaching them with Entei. The fact that he has 180 HP and is a basic (Can use Eviolite) makes him a starter that will 1-shot evolving basics and 2-shot everything else (90 damage for three is actually incredible for the ease of setup one finds in a basic Pokemon). Not to mention the setup that comes from Roast Revealing. I can see a Reshiram-Entei deck with heavy Ninetales lines being run, essentially to exploit High-HP basics with Eviolite and using dodrio to alternate between attacking for 90 and attaching and blasting for 120. Not only would Entei be a great starter, but it could replace the need for a stage 2 in Reshiram decks and create much-needed early game consistency without sacrificing late game power. It also has potential with Ninetales and Mewtwo EX.

PAN3KILL3R said:
was this comment necessary?
Uh...yeah. :( Sorry about that. I was feeling quite upset that day about something else...I tend to be brash when I in those moods. BTW, I read your other posts and remove my remark--your English is even better than mine. ;)

Back