(1) New English X/Y Commercial [9/17]

Bashamo said:
professorlight said:
And apparently, you can get an eevee as soon as level 4, I guess they really want players to have sylveon.

I'm going to use leafeon just to be defiant.

Japan's commercials 10x better. I hope we can ride a few more pokemon than rhyhorn and gogoat.

It seems like you ride Gogoat in town and Skidoo in the grass to jump over those tiny hill things you can usually only jump down from on foot.

zappy800 said:
Anyone remember that mystery dungeon trailer set up like the X and Y commercial? I think it was for Tine and Darknesr or am I the only one? (to clarify it just had real people instead of a gameplay trailer)

Yeah that's one of the things I was remi ded of too when I saw this.

For those concerned about the 3D: having the whole game 3D would take up a LOT of space, so I'd rather have battle-only 3D and a bigger game than everything 3D and a lesser game

Akamu54 said:
For those concerned about the 3D: having the whole game 3D would take up a LOT of space, so I'd rather have battle-only 3D and a bigger game than everything 3D and a lesser game

Pokémon X & Y are only 1.7 GB, the 3DS can easily handle an entire game in 3D. It's just easier to make a 2D game, it saves both time and money. Besides, the overworld is mostly viewed from an top view, 3D wouldn't add that much to the entire experience.

Wow! I was surprised on the commercial, I don't remember that last time they did a live action ad for pokemon since gen1. I thought the lines were terribly cheesey though, reminds me of that Arnold movie: Commando, cheesey punchlines, dead serious stare. I do appreciate that they cast actors who mostly look like in their 20's instead of excitable 10 year olds, makes me feel this game is less about "kids game" and more "A game anyone can enjoy, age is irrelevant."

Actually, I think the last live-action ads were for Gen 3. I remember there was a photo booth commercial with people dressing up like Pokemon and taking pictures with them....

I remember the FRLG commercials had preteens trying their best to sound cool and serious while reciting the Team Rocket motto. It was horrendous.

Kitana Coldfire said:
Actually, I think the last live-action ads were for Gen 3. I remember there was a photo booth commercial with people dressing up like Pokemon and taking pictures with them....

Actually, they had two live action ones for Diamond and Pearl, one featured the styluses you got for preordering.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuP4goGGWT4[/video]
Ugh, I can't stand the way they pronounced Pokemon in it. Po-KAY-mon...just no.

Frost said:
I remember the FRLG commercials had preteens trying their best to sound cool and serious while reciting the Team Rocket motto. It was horrendous.

Yeah, I loved both of those, soooo much nostalgia.
Found 'em!

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br0ErE0BGU0[/video]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFda9Tm3A7s[/video]

Man, these still give me chills. X)

I remember a different live-action ad for FireRed and LeafGreen but I'm not being able to find it... It was mainly two pre-teens battling through wireless. There was also a wi-fi wave like in the ad above but you could see Charizard fighting Venusaur inside this wave (but outside the consoles of course).

SkyeVictini said:
Actually, they had two live action ones for Diamond and Pearl, one featured the styluses you got for preordering.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuP4goGGWT4[/video]
Ugh, I can't stand the way they pronounced Pokemon in it. Po-KAY-mon...just no.

I was talking about live action ones with Pokemon integrated with the actors, not just plain live action. I was not aware of the FR/LG integrated commercials, but that still makes Gen III the last to do that.

And despite popular belief, POH-kay-mahn is actually the correct pronunciation. Although they were hitting the 'kay' sound a bit hard in this commercial, I give them points for not pronouncing it poh-KEE-mahn, as people often do. That one just makes me want to grind my teeth >.<

Kitana Coldfire said:
I was talking about live action ones with Pokemon integrated with the actors, not just plain live action. I was not aware of the FR/LG integrated commercials, but that still makes Gen III the last to do that.

And despite popular belief, POH-kay-mahn is actually the correct pronunciation. Although they were hitting the 'kay' sound a bit hard in this commercial, I give them points for not pronouncing it poh-KEE-mahn, as people often do. That one just makes me want to grind my teeth >.<

Oh, my bad. I didn't think you meant it that way, you didn't say anything about Pokémon being integrated with the actors.

And yeah, I do say POH-kay-mon, the emphasis on the 'kay' did really get on my nerves. That commercial still makes me shed a nostalgia tear though.
One more pronunciation I'm not very fond of is po-kuh-mon. I know they say it like that a lot in the early episodes of the anime, but its still a tad annoying.

This commercial is playing every break Comedy Central during this South Park marathon. They know exactly who to market this game to... This is making me want it even more!

Genius715 said:
This commercial is playing every break Comedy Central during this South Park marathon. They know exactly who to market this game to... This is making me want it even more!

Seriously wow they really pay attention to what all of us older fans watch.

Just saw the trailer on Adult Swim. Strangely, I have yet to see the trailer on channels/shows aimed toward the younger audiences, just the more "adult" networks.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
Just saw the trailer on Adult Swim. Strangely, I have yet to see the trailer on channels/shows aimed toward the younger audiences, just the more "adult" networks.

I think I saw it on USA so yeah aiming for adults this gen.

There is a second new trailer that just premiered on Cartoon Network. I can't find it online yet though. But it shows off the changing of overworld avatars. landmarks, and Mega Evolution.

Adult Swim? USA? Comedy Central? They're really trying to get back the older fans into playing.

zappy800 said:
Genius715 said:

Seriously wow they really pay attention to what all of us older fans watch.

I saw it twice last night while watching South Park. It made me do a triple take! I thought "I am watching Comedy Central right?" Then I saw it again and I was almost tempted to get my sunglasses so I could do the Mother of God face.

Holy sweet Arceus, they know! They know about the older fans!!! :D

Teeboy23 said:
Adult Swim? USA? Comedy Central? They're really trying to get back the older fans into playing.

Kind of makes me feel stalked. O_O Anyone find the other new commercial yet?

Back