(1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

Paddy185 said:
^The attacks are nothing to base off. It uses (to my knowledge): Last Resort, which all Eeveelutions learn so that point is invalid, Trump Card, which Eevee can learn so by extension all Eeveelutions can learn, some new move which we have no idea about, therefore can't use that as evidence, and Swift, which is learned by such a wide variety of Pokemon that it can't really be used as evidence.

Besides, they probably specifically had it using common moves specifically so people wouldn't be able to tell what type it just based off of that. No point in keeping something an official secret if you give it away by having it use a certain type of move.

Even then, my other two points still stand, and I'll hold by it.
We'll see.

Zielo said:
As much as I would wish that would happen, Valentines Day was probably just a coincidence.
Actually, it's not. They have revealed a new Pokémon (like Shaymin/Darkrai/Arceus/Keldeo) every Valentines Day for years now, and I fex. was telling people during fall 2012 to wait for Valentines Day 2013 for gen 6 Pokémon info. Of course, hardly anyone believed me.

I too, have noticed this. I thought it was strange how every valentine's day, the released a new Pokemon. One that we were aware of, but one that was made official.

I think it would be interesting, and definitely overdue, if we received the counterpart to Sylveon tomorrow.
Which, if I'm correct, would technically be later on this afternoon, as Pokemon Smash will be airing soon in Japan, since it's already Easter Sunday there.

Incinermyn said:
godzilla41 said:
Exactly! Anything is possible after all we are not the one RUNNING the company. It's the pokemon company's job to keep the players interested.

We fans can just ASSUME but that dosen't mean everything we assume will turn out right. I really hate it when someone goes out of the box and starts calling someone an idiot/stupid because someone expressed something which dose not follow their own point of view! To me this is nonsense ...

Generally, when I call people idiots, it's because they're trying to prove things without solid evidence. These new type theories are a dime a dozen and usually stupid-sounding. The biggest reason to believe that there won't be a new type, though, is that it been done since Gen 2 and with just cause. Dark and Steel types were only added to balance out the already overpowered Psychic and Dragon types. A new type would offset that balance. If Sylveon is anything, it's probably Flying due to its name referencing sylphs, which are a type of wind sprite or fairy. I mean it even looks like a fairy Pokemon. Use some common sense!

FYI, just to make one thing clear, I personaly don't think there will be a new type introduced. Now putting that aside, it still dosen't give you the right to call anyone stupid or an Idiot OVER SOME SPECULATION! PERIOD!!!

I've just given up over speculation. Mainly because if I do speculate and then start getting into a posting war, it will ruin the 6th gen experience for me. imho everyone should stop arguing, caps spamming, and calling other people names (godzilla, Incinermyn, I'm looking at you :p ) and just wait until the announcement this Saturday.

Teal said:
Zielo said:
As much as I would wish that would happen, Valentines Day was probably just a coincidence.
Actually, it's not. They have revealed a new Pokémon (like Shaymin/Darkrai/Arceus/Keldeo) every Valentines Day for years now, and I fex. was telling people during fall 2012 to wait for Valentines Day 2013 for gen 6 Pokémon info. Of course, hardly anyone believed me.

Oh, really? Thats interesting. Yeah, I've only fairly recently gotten into the new release fandom, since maybe about gen 4 (I consider that recent), so I don't know too much about the patterns of when they release specific things (that and im always so unaware of things like this.)

But, I did say probably. I'd never say something matter of factly if I didn't actually know much about what I was talking about. :p

Teal said:
Zielo said:

Less to do with it being Valentine's Day and more to do with it being at the middle of the month (when CoroCoro comes out) and with February being a month that the hype machine for the movies starts kicking into high gear (all of those aside from Sylveon being movie-focus Pokémon). But that is a reliable pattern that I hadn't really noticed before.

Back