(1) NO BW IMAGES FOR YOU! [9/19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@alypkm: I still support Nintendo. I just hate their choices. They're being like Sony (Look up PS3 OtherOS) It's just like when a child makes a mistake, You're not happy with what they're doing, but they're still a child, and you support them all the way.

I have to agree with the majority. It would have made a lot more sense if they had done something like that before the game's release.
-shrug- Oh well, what's done is done.

The update was funny though, hahaha. Poke Soup Nazis. xD

I can't wait to see what Nintendo pulls out of their sleeve when BW comes out(about this).

I have a link to a E4 battle if anyone wants it.

@alypkm: That's not true. Firstly, a few images is not going to harm them in an economic sense. Secondly, I'm pretty sure a MAJORITY of us are going to be PURCHASING the game, to show our support =)

I WILL SAVE POKEMON BW SPRITES TO A SD CARD,AND NO ONE WILL FIND THEM!HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH XD!

Really,whats gotten into Nintendo now? >_> Im trying to draw all the new 156 Pokemon and look what have they done!

The Lawyer who wrote that letter needs to read this many times, because clearly, they do not understand.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

What just occur to me. Why limit it to gen 5? Nintendo could just as easy said all photos.

@Whitefire I don't think that by uploading FREE ROMS or posting all the pokemon and spoiling the game,that this way they help selling the game

I'm sorry but this was a REALLY stupid move by Pokemon/Nintendo/Gamefreak.
If it weren't for pokemon fan sites such as Pokebeach.com or serebii I would have NEVER bought 2 copies of each Platinum, Diamond, and Pearl. If it weren't for the pictures I would have probably not have been so pumped up about a new Pokemon game and there for would have probably not have bought or played it so much, let alone know more information about the game than I would know without Pokemon Fan Sites.

Lulz, good thing *insert other fansite name here* didn't get a 'letter', Imma go over there and look at their crisp, clean sprites and put on my Poker...face *flees*

Also, if Nintendo didn't want this leaked, wouldn't Youtube have ripped down every video with so much as "Pokemon Black and White" in the title by now.....? They tend to get a bit rip-happy at the first sign of a controversy.....>.> Just a bit of food for thought.....

@Darkness Generation yeah, I understand. I'm in the same situation that Nintendo could possibly pull such an idiotic stunt.

Dear Nintendo,
WHY DON'T YOU SUCK MY POKEBALLS!!! XD Go attack Zelda Fans For Once (not really becuase I am a Zelda fan too :D)

@Luigi08

I agree completely. Without sites like Pokebeach and Serebii, I wouldn't own a copy of EVERY Pokemon game, and I wouldn't have started playing the TCG.

@alypkm - The games are technically already out - therefore it was always going to be a matter of time before the games' contents would be leaked. You can't really blame fansites for legally buying the games, playing them and reporting their findings online, because that's not illegal. All WPM and Serebii were doing was providing everyone with an insight into the games. This only gives everyone a clue as to what people can expect from the games. Also, the Zoroark movie controversy regarding WPM's actions was an epic fail too - the movie had already screened in public - therefore the general public were going to see the film and the advertisements that went with it. You can't say that it's illegal to show images of an advert that is already commercially available. This whole situation of Serebii and WPM being under scrutiny is ridiculous. They're technically not breaking the law. Just because it isn't explicitly stated to be legal doesn't mean it's illegal. Nintendo just want to do anything that will increase their profits - they'll even go to extreme lengths such as here where they try to file a lawsuit against another organisation in order to win a case and thus more cash. This is not the way to be!

I rest my case.

Indeed, the ROMs are a negative factor. However, showcasing all the new Pokemon wouldn't be deductive of sales; it's promotion.

Edit: Timeshift gg'd my post.

I'd like to see what Nintendo really can do, this lawyer's probably not gonna shut down one of the largest Pokemon fansites in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back