(1) November 'CoroCoro' Scans Reveal More B/W Ken Sugimori Artwork [11/12]

Awesome! I think the person in the last picture looks weird though.

I like all the artwork Sugimori does.

glaceon said:
Awesome! I think the person in the last picture looks weird though.

The last guy is one of the Isshu Gym Leaders. The guy who trains Ground-type Pokemon.

How could you complain about a guy dressed like a cowboy, when the flying gym leader.....what the heck is she even wearing?

Hitomoshi looooooooks soooooo cute!!!! I love him even more now!! I wanna eat him. :) Rawr

the new artwork is changing my opinion about the games for the better, but i still have to see all the artwork when the guide comes out next week to finally decide whether to buy them or not. if not, ill just wait longer for newer games like possible generation 3 remakes or something like that.

I also like the trash pokemon now. He be so cute ya'll. Also, the adult turtle looks beast. In the KS artwork you can see the little details.

Wow, the little garbage bag guy is actually kind of cute. And I think I may catch the Fighting/Dark dude. It's strange how he sounded like the stupidest thing ever at first, but now I like him. Ken Sugimori's art has that effect, I guess.

The Ken Sugimori artwork looks fantastic, and makes the more unlikable Pokemon look almost acceptable. Yes, even garbage boy looks less ridiculous in it's KS glory. Thanks to the artwork, the new fossils are definitely are my favorites of the fossil squad. My other favorites such as Zuruzukin and Waruviale look even more beauteous <3

Metalizard said:
If people like KS artwork so much, why do people complain about TCG cards with KS artwork??

Mainly because it's obviously cheaper to produce KS artwork on the TCG cards I would assume. Considering they don't lower the price, collectors want a bit more higher quality art for what they buy. Plus, you really only need to see it once, not on a card forever.

That being said, the artwork is fantastic! Turtle guy looks even cooler and I love little duckling's pose. I also agree on that Female Gym Leader being hot lol.

dmaster out.

The pics look pretty cool. I like the way the Pokemon look but still can't understand all of their names yet. I only have a couple down. Who comes up with the names for the Pokemon or is it the same guy that does the drawings of the Pokemon?:)

Well, it's nice to finally have more Ken Sugimori artwork. All of the poses are pretty much exactly how I envisioned them (since most of them match their sprites) and the way he drew them (shapes, details, etc.) matches how I thought he would, so I guess it was less of a treat than it could have been. xP

The art for Yakon (or whatever his name is) is pretty funny. Always busy, that tycoon!

Anyway, it's a shame we'll be getting the artwork for the non-event Legendary Pokémon from guidebook scans instead of Coro Coro leaks. Coro Coro always gives them such cool pages. (Of course, they'll still get that treatment, but all of the hype of seeing their art for the first time will be gone.) Regardless, those are the pieces of art I'm looking forward to most.

The garbage bag Pokemon can't be saved even by ken sugimori. Every one else i like but i will for ever hate the garbage bag Pokemon, maybe i will like when it appears in the 12th episode of the best wishes.

That gym leader is almost as hot as cynthia. Good thing Brock is no longer in the anime....
And now that i see this, GARBAGE DUDE ROCKS! I am so getting that trash bag pokemon. Sugi art has that effect on people. Especially Brock.

Is it just me or does Gamageroge's Sugimori art look awful? I liked the sprite much more to be perfectly honest.

I like Zuruzukin's art, though.

Back