(1) Oak's Letter Download Over Wi-Fi [9/21]

burningcharizard said:
Will this work if I already have a shaymin?

Yes, it will. Unless you cheated and already battled and caught the Shaymin at that same spot. You can get this Shaymin if you got a TRU Shaymin, or got one in a trade with someone else.

Usagi said:
Yes, it will. Unless you cheated and already battled and caught the Shaymin at that same spot. You can get this Shaymin if you got a TRU Shaymin, or got one in a trade with someone else.
Actually, you can't use cheats to get the Flower Paradise Shaymin in Plat. - it only appears once you have gotten the wonder card, so you can't get it even if you hack forth the letter or use some cheat to walk up there.
Or so I've heard.

...Well, I don't really know if it's possible to make a fake wonder card using cheats, but if you can't, it's impossible to get it without the real event.

Yes, it is possible to cheat to get to areas in Platinum that you couldn't otherwise get to, without even using Oak's Letter or a wonder card. Of course, to do so is completely bogus and illegite, as it goes against the intentions of those who made the game. This won't stop some folk...

But in a few hours, no one will have to.

I might as well buy Platinum now, I don't want to miss anymore events. While on the topic of events, Anyone know if the Oak's Letter wonder card is transferable from game to game like the Secret Key was.

EvilMagikarp said:
I might as well buy Platinum now, I don't want to miss anymore events. While on the topic of events, Anyone know if the Oak's Letter wonder card is transferable from game to game like the Secret Key was.
I'm guessing that like the Members Pass, it won't be. I'd you have friends who also have the Platinum version, encourage them to find a hotspot.

My local Pokemon League location has a Wi-fi hotspot, so I can tell Platinum owners about this, and assist them with the download at the same time.

i already got from my friend putting the oak letter on my game already can i still get the shaymin because i didnt go and catch it yet so i can get it right?
oh and if i battle it in chains will it be shiny at a certain time or no

I now have TWO cute, flowery hedgehogs~ :3

EDIT:
And no, there is no gratitude rock in Kanto.

Back