(1) "Pokemon Adventures" Wins Nickelodeon Magazine Award [3/28]

Really? The Nickelodeon Magazine Comics Awards are "the first major comics awards for kids"? That's a little depressing to me. :/ (Not sure why, guess it's just that it took Nickelodeon to pick this up? How incredibly boring.)

Anyways, it's nice to hear - would have liked D.N.Angel, or something, but that's probably yet another good series that never really picked up here. (Plus the fact it's on standby, but still.)

Finally people see the goodness of Pokemon....

But Nick? Why not Cartoonnetwork, who actually shows Pokemon. Or is this because of the Kids Choice Awards?

I knew Pokemon was not dead all along. Pokemon is very popular but thousands just don't see it that way though. It has very high ratings so I would not be surprised.:)

It's good pokemon won, it will probably give it even more of a boost~anything to keep the pokemon industry from slowing down. And maybe even drag some people to the new platinum release! :D

I figured Pokemon would win. It's the only thing I'd read out of that list, and everybody likes it. :] Yeah, Nickelodeon kinda sucks though. :F

dmaster out.

Gosh, I haven't read Nickelodeon Magazine since I was like, 10.

But yay for Pokemon Adventures. =D

Naruto has good sales figures, which makes the win all the more impressive.

I recieved word of this yesterday, and I must say, I couldn't care less about what magazine it is, beating out Naruto and One Piece is most impressive. Not to mention this is technically an award for the recent 'Best of' volumes, which weren't exactly outstanding releases, and served as more of a market test to see how a re-release of the series in the west would go over.

Regardless though, I am very pleased to see Adventures getting some recognition!

I was actually surprised not many read this manga. I've read it since I was small and the first generation's story was the best. Very constructing storyline, awesome artwork, something you wouldn't see in usual pokemon plots! Some of the chapters are very tight, where it will hold you on to the mystery that happens in the plot. Also the way moral values are presented are more into manga style, or more specific shounen style.

I strongly suggest people to read this, and buy it. Though there are already scans in English for it, I don't think I wanna post it here publicly. You can PM me if you wanna know the website(many should have knew).

WPM said:
HA! Next time you hear someone say Pokemon is dead you can either use Mega Punch on them or point them to articles like this. :)

What, we can't use Mega Kick? D:

This is great, I love seeing Pokémon beat out 2 other very popular series, even though everybody thinks Pokémon is dead. This is extremely impressive, IMO.

The Power of Three said:
WPM said:
HA! Next time you hear someone say Pokemon is dead you can either use Mega Punch on them or point them to articles like this. :)

What, we can't use Mega Kick? D:

This is great, I love seeing Pokémon beat out 2 other very popular series, even though everybody thinks Pokémon is dead. This is extremely impressive, IMO.

No elbow of doom? :(

It's amazing how Pokemon is still quite popular, when everyone says it's ghey.

Well, I suppose not EVERYONE thiks it's bad, otherwise nobody would be here right now. But no matter what anybody says, we can all still be happy and rub this award in their face... or use Mega Punch... but the first one's better. Plus, Pokémon beat out 2 EXTREMELY popular mangas too, so that's even more of a plus for Pokémon.

This manga had been on since some time, and only became noticed because it won a prize. So you can guess how slow it was to be published in English..and how "dead" pokemon is.

Still the manga is great, one of my favourite!

I wouldn't say use Mega Punch; Horn Drill is the better move D;

But this makes me happyz0rz! Not discouraged by our youth anymore yai. :3

Back