(1) Pokemon Black and Pokemon White are the Fifth Generation Games! [4/8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best. Names. Ever.

My two favorite colors with my favorite game. I'm in heaven.

dmaster out.

omahanime said:
I am sure they will. Some groups get offended too easily.

Why do I feel like they're probably going to rename it Pokemon Dark and Pokemon Light

Loki said:
Why do I feel like they're probably going to rename it Pokemon Dark and Pokemon Light
I doubt it if they will. They will probably keep the names the same.

People should just stop sprouting s*** over names. The reason Jynx was sued is because of the skin color on a humanoid creature, and that's not even aimed at African American, it was aiming at shallow japanese girls who love to tan. The names of the versions being black and white don't have anything to do with racism. The people who see this as racism are probably racists themselves or are people who love to incite chaos because people who are not racists won't care.

Light type, yeah, like that's ever gonna happen. If there were a light type, wouldn't they already made it in gen II. Why do you think gamefreak purposely left out a light type when they added a dark type, because there are no such thing as a light type. People, this is Pokemon, not Yugioh, not dungeon & dragons, and not those holy vs unholy fantasy. Dark type is just a name to describe pokemon that look scary, sly, mean, intimidating, cunning, and make shrewedness, cheating as their attacks. This has nothing to do with holy light vs unholy darkness, it's just nice personality vs mean personality. Pokemon fan should have known this when you see the shiny stone and the dusk stone. The dark element in pokemon is not represented by dark type alone but both dark and ghost (the meanies) and then there are various types that represent light (normal? fighting? electric? psychic? grass? fire?) who are the nice guys.

If we're going back in time timeline wise, then what will they do with the gen 5 anime?

yes! those are awesome colors to now have! i hope that they add prefexs to the names though, that would make them even better!!!! but im sooooooo excited! i cant wait to hear more about these games!

I love the names ! Hopefully there´s a connection to Yin&Yang (-> inspired by Japan like Gold&Silver versions !)

scuba stevee said:
I already know what's going to be on the covers: yin and yang pokemon, it's obvious. But I'm really excited for these now that they have a retro spin to it.

Are you sure ? Oh I hope sooo much that the cover legendaries happen to be yin&yang-like !!!

Yin & Yang...Pokemon could find a way to make that work lol. i really need to see the game differences (there are always a couple different pokemon, Main legendaries, some regular pokemon) before i decide which game im gonna get

What I tend to do is decide the same way for which version I will get. But I think this time I will just be getting Pokemon Black regardless. It just sounds cooler, and I had the same hunch for Soul Silver without looking at the version-exclusive pokemon. Although having a growlithe would have been nice. :p

Until now I would probably choose the white version.
Hoping for some new Eeveelutions, a new dragon pokemon (like Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp) which should look like these long Chinese ones, a Koi Pokemon with Yin&Yang-ish color and an evolution for Stantler in generation 5

I think that Black and White are very good names; it´s a way to back to basics.
Maybe in this generation the two more powerful pokemon are a mirror form of the other (like Latias and Latios) and are rivals (like Kyogre and Groudon).
Maybe, this generation will show us pokemon with evil and saints powers, a revolution and a new way to play based in our personalities...
Well that´s my opinion.

I really like the new names it just seems that it will be epic, the great return of pokemon. But even then i do think( i do not know if you agree) that the names in some way are a risk because returning to colors means something, and if it does not turn to be like we would hope many could get disapointed and leave the games(like Gen III?, it is only opinion because i like gen III). But if the games do not return pokemon to what it was then i do not know what will, maybe just maybe if they capture that espontaneous essence of the artworks that would be perfect, and represent the great return of pokemon ( sorry about repeting so much that" the great return of pokemon" over and over my posts,it is just that i am so excited)

Empoleon#1 said:
I really like the new names it just seems that it will be epic, the great return of pokemon. But even then i do think( i do not know if you agree) that the names in some way are a risk because returning to colors means something, and if it does not turn to be like we would hope many could get disapointed and leave the games(like Gen III?, it is only opinion because i like gen III). But if the games do not return pokemon to what it was then i do not know what will, maybe just maybe if they capture that espontaneous essence of the artworks that would be perfect, and represent the great return of pokemon ( sorry about repeting so much that" the great return of pokemon" over and over my posts,it is just that i am so excited)

All I have to say to that is...we've all loved pokemon for 4 generations now..pokemon must be doing something right:) no need to worry they always keep us playing

elite said:
All I have to say to that is...we've all loved pokemon for 4 generations now..pokemon must be doing something right:) no need to worry they always keep us playing

That is really true, and now that i think we really are near the great return to pokemon(again with that) because the saturday they announced pokemon black and white i was checking some information about them and i noticed, that google reported that pokemon black and white were the number 88 most popular searches or "hot" classified as mild, reported around 8 am but happened around 7 am. So i might think that pokemon is really regaining interest. Now i remember something that might be really true " so much for Pokemon is dead"

Eh, looks alright, but I fear the fact that Nintendo is losing ideas. Do you imagine how the pokemon will look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back