(1) Pokemon Black and White Video on Pokemon Sunday [4/17]

They look awesome i cant wait for them.
But i dont like tht the Pokemon cant follow you
Anyways They are GREAT :p

I just saw the videos and so far everything looks pretty cool. I love the graphics as well too.:)

It seems your Pokémon doesn't follow you anymore, and that disappoints me. That was my favorite aspect to the games that HGSS added. I guess since the games aren't finished, they can still add in that feature before they're released. Maybe there's just an option to turn it off this time.

This game must have some kind of cross-generation backwards compatibility with Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold & SoulSilver cause with it being released on the Nintendo DS it would be obvious that you can trade Pokemon from the Black and White versions with Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold & SoulSilver right?

I just don't see why Nintendo wouldn't do that, the game is going to have a National Pokedex with the Power Items and stuff as usual with extra features I'm sure. I'd just hate for Nintendo to force everyone into starting over from scratch on Black and White not being able to still use their Pokemon from the previous versions on the DS.

It makes for Wi-Fi battles being geared just on the 5th Generation with no way to get Pokemon from other games especially Items from other games as well like the Power Items, Pokerus, that sort of thing. Serebii.net did mention that there will be some kind of cross-generation backwards compatibility with Black and White but they didn't say that you could trade Generation 1, 2, 3, and 4 Pokemon with 5th Generation Pokemon in Black and White in some kind of detail via Wi-Fi trade.

As for Pokemon not being able to follow you anymore like in HeartGold & SoulSilver it's sad that you can't do that in Black and White. It was a nice feature to say the least but all I'm really concerned about is whether If I'll be able to transfer my Pokemon from Platinum and SoulSilver onto either Black or White whichever version I decide to get.

Let's see.... I don't rly care (about having not able to bring out yer pokeman)
I have nothing else to say.

I think everyone was displeased by the content of the footage
but I still liked it
too bad that video confirmed that your first in line pokemon doesn't tag along behind like in HG/SS
I really like that part of HG/SS
I feel you can connect more with your pokemon and get to know them (good indicator of happyness too)

p.s. hope to see a Dunsparce evolution

The 3-D graphic looks cool :) add 5th generation Pokes and You have great game, cant wait for more infos and whole game.

A lot of the video seemed to be people talking, so I skipped around. Maybe next time you could add subtitles? ;p
From the one actual video clip that there actually was, it seemed totally awesome! Since the DS first came out, I've always thought that it needs a 3D Pokemon game. And (wewt) it's finally here!
I will NOT be happy if the battle sprites aren't fully animated. If they can make an entirely 3D game, they should make the sprites be fully animated, too.
I probably won't get Black or White. I'm gonna wait for Grey. ;o

Card Slinger J said:
This game must have some kind of cross-generation backwards compatibility with Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold & SoulSilver cause with it being released on the Nintendo DS it would be obvious that you can trade Pokemon from the Black and White versions with Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold & SoulSilver right?

I just don't see why Nintendo wouldn't do that, the game is going to have a National Pokedex with the Power Items and stuff as usual with extra features I'm sure. I'd just hate for Nintendo to force everyone into starting over from scratch on Black and White not being able to still use their Pokemon from the previous versions on the DS.

It makes for Wi-Fi battles being geared just on the 5th Generation with no way to get Pokemon from other games especially Items from other games as well like the Power Items, Pokerus, that sort of thing. Serebii.net did mention that there will be some kind of cross-generation backwards compatibility with Black and White but they didn't say that you could trade Generation 1, 2, 3, and 4 Pokemon with 5th Generation Pokemon in Black and White in some kind of detail via Wi-Fi trade.

As for Pokemon not being able to follow you anymore like in HeartGold & SoulSilver it's sad that you can't do that in Black and White. It was a nice feature to say the least but all I'm really concerned about is whether If I'll be able to transfer my Pokemon from Platinum and SoulSilver onto either Black or White whichever version I decide to get.

according to the movie pamphlet where it states you can obtain entei raikou, suicune it states that something will happen when (im not sure if its only 1 of them or all 3) transfered over to b/w. so clearly there is an event right there, and the only way you will be able to obtain them is with hg/ss during july so there is confirmation right there that b/w is compatable with hg/ss and i would assume d/p/pt aswell and as you stated its on ds :).

alot of people thought it would be a palpark feature but this isnt true as b/w will be on a ds cart so that wont work. it would have to be similar to just trading or time machine/time capsule from gen 2. Since there is no 5th generation data in d/p/pt/hg/ss ,you could also send back some pokemon from those generations as long as they havent been altered with a 5th gen move etc.

and the rest is pretty much irrelevant because its confirmed there is compatability between games via the films pamphlet.

on the pokemon following you disscussion

i just dont think they have that feature implemented yet thats usually one of those last asthetically things that they put in since it really doesnt affect gameplay etc its just a nice feature :).

also on the video yaminokame stated that it says still in development not final footage.

what do you guys think about the male trainer that was walking around in that video ? or did you guys miss that it was the male trainer :p?

It's interesting. I just wish I could understand Japanese or have the ability to click on subtitles. Still, I can't wait for more information.

I hope soon they tell us more information about the Pokemon that are going to be in the game.

Man you guys are right, having Pokemon follow you is better and makes the game somewhat more enjoyable. I'm sure that the Japanese will hear their fans and probably add an option button whether to have your Pokemon follow you or not. Besides these are still BETA releases.

Male trainer? funny I thought that it was the female trainer..

Yeah, I hope that it's an optional thing and hasn't been discarded altogether. Although the main complaint I heard about HGSS was Pokemon following you around (and I'll be frank, those complaints are totally anal, it's not a big deal!), the majority of players liked the new feature and I would be sad to see it go. Don't listen to the minority of whiners, Nintendo...

Not much has been revealed, but I really like what I see so far. It looks like the graphical power of the DS is being stretched to the limit here, and the game looks far more advanced than DPP -- quite the feat considering they're both on the same console. The 3D style opens the way for many neat puzzle elements, and perhaps some unlockable features with the Nintendo 3DS? I also love the little touch of Pokemon having their own detailed shadows in battle.

whats with the japanese people screaming in the background?

anyways, it looks cool, but i hope the 3D isn't limited to just walking in a circle like that.

Back