(1) 'Pokemon Sunday' Airing 'Black' and 'White' Info With Junichi Masuda [9/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree that that show was poor. They didnt reveal anything new, and all they did was mess around by showing us some more regular battles (which just so happened to have absolutely NO purpose whatsoever). Seriously, what was the point!? I actually don't know...

@Shiramu - They're probably already working on the 6th gen by now! :p

I know you're joking. You're going to let the starters keep you away from this game? There are 147 other Pokemon besides them in this game to look forward to. Calm down.

@Shiramu Kuromu
Actually from what I understand that's actually a common practice. I know right after the Gamecube was done for instance they started on Wii. (I think it also happened with R/S to D/P as well) Though it was probably just the new game engine at first.

This was...unimpressive. You would think with someone like Junichi Masuda you'd get big info like new legendaries. Well at least we now know this starts with nothing related to older titles.

The only piece of information in the show that was of value was that Mijumaru learns Shell Blade at Lv. 7 >_<

Well corocoro did kind of take the surprise away. We did get some cool gameplay and besides I never expected him to reveal more of the legends. That would spoil all the fun.

You guys should think about that these CoroCoro scans are early leaks! They wasn't supposed to be realeshed before 15th, so Pokemon Sunday actually showed a huge amount of news 8D

@Chimchar15
I guess your right it would steal all of the thunder of them. Even so they could have had a little more new info seeing as how all of it (other than the HMs, and no old characters) were all old to begin with. The three pokemon were featured on a trailer they showed, and the cat was on a commercial.

There's a lot of other factors as to why I probably won't buy this gen. I haven't bought a game since Crystal (I quit when RSE came out and then came back for a bit of DP but Platinum combined with HGSS turned me on, I don't currently own a DS of any sort) the games aren't that effective no in my opinion to make me shell out 70 bucks or so for a DS and then another 40 for one of the games if I don't buy both. And when it comes to starters, let's put it this way: I didn't give DP any time at all until Platinum was announced because Piplup was horrible and Chimchar was just a torchic remake as a monkey. Turtwig at first I didn't like but I grew fond of him to combine with a Charizard and Feraligatr combo.

I seriously need a decent starter to be able to play the games since I have always been an advocate of using the starter you got consistantly. If i ever do get the games though I might just work around that and get me like a LightingPony or something since some of the other pokemon like Kibago I do actually really like a lot. I dunno... I'll look at what the rest of the dex is before I make an official decision but right now it's looking like I probably will just wait until 6th gen info starts getting leaked. One of the reasons that actually does make me want to consider getting it is the fact that it's based in the US.

I think we as a US poke'mon community (not just pokebeach or serebii but all the community combined) should get to decide the names of EVERY poke'mon/major character in this gen since it's an american thing.

To me it looked like Mijumaru used a fighting type move on Minezumi, looked like whatever it was was super effective, anyone else catch that?

@Malroth: Yes Mijumaru learns Revenge, and I'm not sure but possibly Shell Blade is a Fighting-type move as well.
Doesn't make sense that Mijumaru stays pure water, huh?

@manhattenthestar yea was thinking the same thing, but at least it will learn fighting type moves even though it's typing won't change /shrug

I like all of the new stuff except for one thing. The lack of Oak. I looked forwards to Oak in every game, it was like a tradition. D:

I was just made aware of a few minutes ago about the lack of oak in RSE. So it's not the first time.

Yeah I am kinda disappointed that Oak won't be in the games. Though he doesn't really make appearances in the games much, so there isn't much of a difference there. Besides that I was hoping that Pokemon Sunday would reveal new information.

What's that music at the very end, after the credits, with the voice actors acting? I've heard it on a clip a month+ ago, and it sounds great. Anyone know what it is?

Totally hoping it's the Best Wishes opening theme.

I think it could be the best wishes theme because it sounds fast paced. The pokemon P.C box is on the left hand side now i love the size of Pokemon centre's now.

The Pokemon Centers in the game are much bigger, and also you can buy some items there instead of getting out and heading to the Pokemart and buying things from there. I am still viewing the three videos that were posted on the front page, though it is taking a while to load. But it seems like not much new information was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back