(1) Pokemon TCG Trainer's Challenge Box [10/29]

WHAT? Seriously PUSA? Cards that haven't been playable for a year now? Fail. -_-

OK, so it's the end of 2009....and PUSA decides to release boosters from 2006, and haven't been playable in tournaments since last summer?

The only reason this could be released is to get rid of the last remaining EX product....and the only reason it will sell is because non-knowledgeable parents buy it for their kids.

The number of these sold will still be quite low, however. PUI could have at least included a recent booster or two.

Wow. It may be worthless to players but collectors like me would like to get our hands on that card box. Past sets that are out of the rotation are usually worth more because they are hard to get.:)

xxashxx said:
Wow. It may be worthless to players but collectors like me would like to get our hands on that card box. Past sets that are out of the rotation are usually worth more because they are hard to get.:)
I only bought it for the pop holos.

Can anyone tell me if there's a Croagunk from POP 8 with the same holo style? 'Cause I've seen one for sale on e-bay, but I didn't found any info about it.

PUSA is better off burning the excess stock then wasting more paper and plastic to "get rid of them".

Might even waste them more money in a long run.

Epic fail.

Not even the promos are playable. There is no reason to buy this box. In fact, it shows us that PUSA will do anything to make a buck, including selling out-of-date cards to unsuspecting parents.

However, for collectors, this may prove somewhat useful, especially if their league doesn't sell the old boosters anymore. PUSA might get some popularity among collectors, but no one else.

Lizzard said:
Can anyone tell me if there's a Croagunk from POP 8 with the same holo style? 'Cause I've seen one for sale on e-bay, but I didn't found any info about it.

You can see it here:

http://www.bartsmit.com/data/products/300x300/0383835.jpg

Maybe the challenge in it is sneaking the old cards past a Poke proffesor at your local cities?

Really, this is pitiful.

It's not dumb. There are a LOT of collectors out there. (Not me.) PUSA is just trying to squeeze out a few (THOUSAND) more dollars from the EX sets.

Actually I think it's cool because I just collect the cards and it's so hard to find EX cards unless I buy 'em individually on Ebay or so. So I like it.

Shane_360 said:
Actually I think it's cool because I just collect the cards and it's so hard to find EX cards unless I buy 'em individually on Ebay or so. So I like it.

Indeed!

omahanime said:
I only bought it for the pop holos.

That is what I want to get it for also and the other cards as well but I have not been able to get any cards since June due to the economic fail. I hope I can get the box the next time I get cards though.:)

I got Metagross ex PK from two of these boxes. They really weren't worth the money though only for the playable Promos which aren't that good. Stupid ex packs...

dmaster out.

Back