(1) Pokemon X/Y Anime Starts October 17th [6/29]

J.D. said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
it's been 16 years. why isn't ash a pokeman master yet? gettin' really tired of this shiat unfortunate trend.

You're worried about him not being a Pokemon Master yet?! What about the fact that he's been 10 years old this whole time?! Personally, I find that way more concerning...
You must be very very very concerned about Donald Duck and everyone else from Duckburg, then. Or pretty much any other cartoon character.

I don't see how the anime could be synced up with the Japanese version. The gaps between the main series games and the TCG expansions make syncing up those aspects of the franchise possible with a little planning, but the anime pretty much airs one episode a week continually and the English dub is currently about 3-4 months behind Japan. It's not as easy as saying "just burn through those four months of episodes in a few weeks" either because networks order a certain number of episode for a year and typically order more at the end of that year.

I think it's annoying how people claim Ash to be sooo old. We get one episode a week, which is technically one day in their world going in chronological order. He is only like 13-14 i'm guessing without doing any real math.

He doesn't age; he's still 10. BW flat-out stated as much. It's a floating timeline just like the Simpsons or a lot of other animated shows.

Teal said:
J.D. said:
You're worried about him not being a Pokemon Master yet?! What about the fact that he's been 10 years old this whole time?! Personally, I find that way more concerning...
You must be very very very concerned about Donald Duck and everyone else from Duckburg, then. Or pretty much any other cartoon character.
Um, yeah... I was trying to be sarcastic...

I thought the pokemon world revolved around a different solar cycle than ours.

Our year = 365 days

Their year could equal 1000+ days, but DNA did point out that Ash had admitted to going a full year, so this is just another anomaly in the series

Pfft, WPM, don't you know that if BW1 and the anime novelizations are to be believed, Ash went through Kanto (twice), Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and the Orange Islands in a little over a month and a half combined? If that kind of breezing through regions doesn't make you a Pokemon Master, I don't know what does. ;p

Sky Pillar said:
=DNA did point out that Ash had admitted to going a full year,
When? If it's the episode where they return to Viridian City, that line was added in the dub only.

Frost said:
Sky Pillar said:
=DNA did point out that Ash had admitted to going a full year,
When? If it's the episode where they return to Viridian City, that line was added in the dub only.

Well then, I guess my theory holds truth. A year in the pokemon world probably takes several hundred/ thousand days,

At this rate, I bet if we ever had a Pokémon live-action movie, the anime writers and executives would try so hard to tamper with it and make it as much like the anime as possible (in terms of repetitiveness, kiddiness and dialogue), that the resulting Frankensteinian product will turn out worse than Dragonball Evolution and The Last Airbender.

Anyone else notice Froakie has its left hand in it's bubble mane (I have no idea what else to call it)? I wonder what that means. Does it store ninja weapons in there?

Spammy said:
Anyone else notice Froakie has its left hand in it's bubble mane (I have no idea what else to call it)? I wonder what that means. Does it store ninja weapons in there?

I think he will actually be the dark type and that we are going to get a "blow your mind crazy unexpected" second type for Chespin.

Let's say that each generation of the anime takes play in one month, which justifies why Ash is still 10. If that's the case, I think Ash should just take it slow, and skip a bunch pokemon championship tournaments, and level up his pokemon to 100, 1 xp at a time. Slow, but the thought of winning the tournament in one shot is a much thrilling sight than watching a nailbiter...

...But then, kids would be bored.

I don't even think his pikachu even reached level 100, if it doesn't pwn noobs.

signofzeta said:
Let's say that each generation of the anime takes play in one month, which justifies why Ash is still 10. If that's the case, I think Ash should just take it slow, and skip a bunch pokemon championship tournaments, and level up his pokemon to 100, 1 xp at a time. Slow, but the thought of winning the tournament in one shot is a much thrilling sight than watching a nailbiter...

We can't just assume that though. Considering Ash's birthday to be April 1st, the fact that there have been 829 episodes not counting movies so far (including July 4th's episode), and each episode is a day in their life, Ash has been journeying for approximately 2.2 years and is currently 13.

Ohman177 said:
signofzeta said:

We can't just assume that though. Considering Ash's birthday to be April 1st, the fact that there have been 829 episodes not counting movies so far (including July 4th's episode), and each episode is a day in their life, Ash has been journeying for approximately 2.2 years and is currently 13.

Also, not counting the episodes that occur over the course of more than one day.

Ohman177 said:
I think he will actually be the dark type and that we are going to get a "blow your mind crazy unexpected" second type for Chespin.

Ninja doesn't just imply poison/dark. It also means fighting imo :)

Back